News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
neel_patel

Please check drafted RTI and suggest correction.

Question

neel_patel

RTI DRAFT - POLICE DEPARTMENT

1. please provide me certified copies of the rules for Maintenance of following register at psi office.

(a) Inward & outward register

(b) Logbook

© B application register

(d) Station Dairy

2. Is it any mandatory provision for each and every movement /action of police for investigation purpose must be noted in the station Dairy and movement register, during discharging their official duty?

3. Is it any separate register for entry and exit of police to be noted meanwhile discharging their official duty? If yes, please provide me certified copy of maintenance rules for this register at psi office

4. If any govt officer/employee submit application to the police station, in which register such application to be noted in the initial stage

5. Which kind of cases to be noted in the B application register at psi office.

6. Please provide the certified copies of the rules that apply to the usage of official vehicle by psi level officers.

7. Can we asked certified copies of station Dairy of police station under RTI Act?

8. Please provide me certified copies of procedures to be follow for departmental inquiry against psi in the police dept. Also provide me certified copies of latest circular regarding departmental inquiry

Sent from my Redmi 4 using RTI INDIA mobile app

9 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Please consider revising 

Point No.2: Please provide copies of  laid down norms/directives/orders. in Manual or in such registers that state the process to be

a)followed by Investigating officers to record their movements and actions on such purposes.

b)Register for entry and exit of police to be noted meanwhile discharging their official duty. (Point No.3)

c)cases to be noted in the B application register at psi office. (Point No.5)

d)usage of official vehicle by psi level officers. (Point No.6)

e)Departmental inquiry against PSI for charges, as per disciplinary proceedings with latest amendments if any.

Point No.7: Please provide me certified copy of station diary for the period from........to.....................

Point No.4 appears as vague.

neel_patel

Sir point no 1 is OK as it is

Prasad GLN

You have to mention specific period in Point No.1.  Applicants should always provide full details of the record.

neel_patel

Sir in point no 1 I asked certified copies of rules regarding these register

Is there any time period for rules?

Prasad GLN

You know they maintain such registers, and they have to fill those columns, and this process is mandatory.  You have something in mind and wish to have that information, and not bothered about their rules and regulations and implementation.   So to achieve this objective hit it directly instead of beating the bush seek specific documents you feel relevant to your interest.

neel_patel

Sir please check this 6 points also and suggest correction if its necessary
RTI DRAFT HELP NEEDED
1. please provide me certified copies of naukari patrak of Lalpur police station, dated:- 18/11/18, time:- 10 am to 6 pm, as per mudda no:-5 outward no - 465/2019.

2. Please provide me certified copies of movement register of Lalpur police station, dated:- 18/11/18, with outgoing and incoming time between 10 am to 6 pm.

3. Please provide certified copies of record from which information given under the RTI Act by Lalpur police station, in point no - 4, mudda no - 6, outward no - 943/19, dated:- 02/05/2019 derived

4. Please provide me certified copies of the record from which Information given under the RTI Act by Lalpur police station, in point no :-1 and 2, outward no - 1590/19, dated:-05/08/20019 derived

5. Please provide the total no of policemen, deployed by Lalpur police at near Umiyadham Apartment for backfilling Incomplete work of under ground drainage on dated:- 18/11/18 between 4 pm to 6 pm as per record of Lalpur police station. Also provide certified copies of that records.

6. Please provide me certified copies of record that indicate, place and purpose of official duty discharge by PSI Lalpur and badge no :- 234,276,336,755 on dated:- 18/11/18, time:- 4 pm to 6 pm.

In accordance with the provision of section - 2(j)(1) of the RTI Act, please provide me the opportunity of Inspection of records of Police Station Lalpur, please note that during the aforesaid Inspection, I shall select required Information from your official record, please allow me for taking photography of particular documents as per the CIC judgement regarding appeal no - CIC/WB/A/2006/00144. Kindly do provide me certified copies of such selected Information on payment of prescribed fees.

Prasad GLN

Please do post and give feed back, as it may help to members that may need same information in future.

neel_patel

Yeah sir I already post it

Sunil Ahya

Point no. 5:

Please provide a photocopy of the document wherein has been noted the information on total no of policemen deployed by Lalpur police at near Umiyadham Apartment for backfilling Incomplete work of under ground drainage on dated:- 18/11/18 between 4 pm to 6 pm