News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
jasmine_rticell

Regarding information from private college

Question

jasmine_rticell

Inf. Commission order us to get the information from Private college and supplied to applicant. Actually, the information demanded by applicant is not available in our public domain or public authority. Then applicant move to commission..

1) applicant not send required fees to us

2) moreover, his demanded information is not available in our record

3) but I don't know how commission order to get the information from private college and supply to applicant.

My question is that... Is there any court decision or CIC decision in which we cannot get the information from another public authority or private entity and to furnish the applicant..

Please help.. Give me valid legible legal grounds for denial

Sent from my vivo 1806 using RTI INDIA mobile app

4 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Make a submission in writing to the IC stating that

1)A private entity is beyond ambit of RTI Act

2)The required information is not available in material form.

3)Public authority has to provide that information that is available in material form and in their custody and control and PIOs are not supposed to collect and collate information as per O&M of DOPT.

4)While giving a decision as opportunity of hearing of the college was not given it is against principles of natural justice.

5.Pray for such past instances or precedents wherein private entities were ordered for providing information under RTI Act enabling the college authorities for preparing a note to higher authorities.

jasmine_rticell
Make a submission in writing to the IC stating that
1)A private entity is beyond ambit of RTI Act
2)The required information is not available in material form.
3)Public authority has to provide that information that is available in material form and in their custody and control and PIOs are not supposed to collect and collate information as per O&M of DOPT.
4)While giving a decision as opportunity of hearing of the college was not given it is against principles of natural justice.
5.Pray for such past instances or precedents wherein private entities were ordered for providing information under RTI Act enabling the college authorities for preparing a note to higher authorities.

Thanks for reply... Plz let me know about which decision of O&M OF DOPT WE HAVE TO MENTION TO APPLICANT

jasmine_rticell
Thanks for reply... Plz let me know about which decision of O&M OF DOPT WE HAVE TO MENTION TO APPLICANT

Please give me proper decision which you have been mentioned in above cited words

Prasad GLN

Search in forum coffers, you can find many diamonds. Open the following link and get that O& M circular and thank those stalwarts and experts that enriched the forum with such commitment and dedication.

https://rtiindia.org/forums/forum/4-rti-act-circulars/page/3/

Read advise and opinion in DOPT O& M of Hon.CJK.

Edited by Prasad GLN