subbu23

Unclaimed funds EPFO

Question

subbu23

Sir,

I need following information from  EPFO offices operating in State of Tamilnadu regarding  corpus fund ,inoperative accounts and unclaimed funds in the state of tamilnadu

Also need to know how the unclaimed funds are utilized ?

7 answers to this question

subbu23

Received reply from CPIO , EPFO chennai as follows

1.Provide certified copy of record stating details of unclaimed funds and total number of inoperative accounts at the regional EPF office at  Chennai 1 and 2

Please note that only such information can be supplied under the RTI Act that exists and is held in material form by the Public Authority or is held under the control of the Public Authority. Accordingly, the information sought for is neither readily available in material form nor exists in the Report Module of Application Software in Regional Office, Tambaram. Hence, it is informed that the information sought for is not available with this office.

There should be some kind of record or statistics showing the unclaimed funds and total number of inoperative accounts at the regional EPF office at  Chennai 1 and 2

Prasad GLN

GO for first appeal immediately as there is gross negligence and apathy in dealing with citizen subscriber's account.  Can a bank say that they are not aware as to how much amount is available as deposits when some one questions.  EPFO must be having that information.  The same information was solicited from each public sector bank, when those banks denied raising pension stating that they do not have sufficient funds.  One RTI Applicant has solicited information from Kerala by making applications to each and every public sector bank.  The information provided to him is shocking, as more than 2.5 lakh crore was lying with all PSUs.  It was also disclosed that several PSUs are not depositing proportionate sums as their contribution to the fund.  Some banks like Oriental bank of commerce has with drawn crores of money from that fund for their use without stating any purpose and not used for pensions.  A descriptive article appeared in Malayalam paper "Mathru Bhoomi".  Please search in google for more details.  

• Like 1

subbu23

1.Provide certified copy of record stating details of unclaimed funds and total number of inoperative accounts at the regional EPF office

Sir I received reply for another RTI query filed with Regional PF commissioners at Trichy and madurai. Received the same reply it is informed that the information sought for is not available with this office..

Will  the information sought on unclaimed funds and total number of inoperative accounts available with Central Provident fund Offcie, New delhi. Should I rephrase the RTI query?

Please advice on few lines for filing First Appeal  for the reply "Please note that only such information can be supplied under the RTI Act that exists and is held in material form by the Public Authority or is held under the control of the Public Authority. Accordingly, the information sought for is neither readily available in material form nor exists in the Report Module of Application Software in Regional Office, Tambaram. Hence, it is informed that the information sought for is not available with this office."

Prasad GLN

File a fresh application to the same PIOs seeking information as follows:

Information solicited:

1.Please provide the place/office/address where I can get copy of record that states the details of unclaimed funds and total number of in operative accounts with each  EPFOs office

Let them respond and then go for Central PFO

• Like 1

subbu23
Posted (edited)

Sir, Thank you for the guidance.Will file the RTI and let you know the reply

Edited by subbu23
  • Like 1

subbu23
Posted (edited)

Sir,

Filed the RTI query as suggested 1.Please provide the place/office/address where I can get copy of record that states the details of unclaimed funds and total number of in operative accounts with each  EPFOs office

The RTI application has been forwarded to Balance Sheet & Data Analysis Team at EPFO Office New Delhi, I will post the reply once I receive it from the PIO

Edited by subbu23
  • Like 1

subbu23