Raje1974

Road Works RTI

Question

Raje1974

Sir,

Our area is located under the control of Panchayat Union.The officer incharge is Block Development Officer and District level officer is DRDA. No roads laid for over 10 yrs, We lodged representations with DC and higher ups.  Today BDO called me and said out of 75 plots in our layout , there are 25 unsold plots and we cannot lay roads in such a state with 25 unsold plots.They have laid roads in layouts with only one house constructed, Again I called DRDA and he said check with your revenue dept whether your layout is approved or not. In this regard, i would like to seek information on orders stating that roads cannot be laid in an layout with 25 empty plots, list of road works carried out in the panchayat  etc. Kindly advice

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

Think practicably. In India, it is power, party and influence that can get things done and inadequate funds is the main issue.  Under RTI you can get only that information which is available on record in material form under custody of the public authority.

As per my understanding, authorities might have taken a decision to prefer those colonies where the population is more.  There may be exceptions also, and when some one wants to reject a thing, they will find out the loopholes first as excuse/reason.

You can file two separate RTI Applications...one only for knowing the policy guidelines

Please provide me the laid down norms for selecting layouts for providing  Roads and drainage.

For the second you can use template that is ready in our forum as sample application RTI wiki. 

https://www.righttoinformation.wiki/guide/applicant/application/sample/gram-panchayat

Make suitable alterations

Edited by Prasad GLN