damodard29

Vehicle attached u/s 207

Question

damodard29

My private vehicle car has been attached by the traffic police in Goa on 25/01/2020 under forcefully written statement from foreign national stating being hired and vehicle is without taxi permit and private car ,where as I am driving them within the state as my honourable guest.  and still pending before the traffic cell , now the police inspector is on leave for another 10/12 days & their office says The registered case will be forwarded to court after 10/12 days time and court will descide the fine amount after the payment of it producing the payment receipt my vehicle will be released, I feel this case totally unlawful and for harassment purposes.,

I will be highly obliged to the RTI forum to please assist me with the grounds and points I may seek the information to this office for such unlawful activity!

🙏🌹

Edited by damodard29
Adding pics

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

In this case you are aware that the case was booked as private car without valid license is being used for public transport and the challan,  clearly mentions the violation of such traffic rules.  What you wish to get more out of this information.  You can without any inhibition , reservation seek whatever information you require as you are aware of the facts.  Always focus on remedy and only a competent advocate can guide you towards finding suitable remedy.  RTI is just a road and not destination, and in this case you are aware of the correct route and straight road towards final remedy.

• Like 1

damodard29

Sir, I need to know how long can traffic cell can hold my vehicle attached without assigning proper reasons even though I have violated the rules. 

I need to know the procedure even though I am in fault why should I need to face the delay for accepting the fines or penalties and punishment.

Edited by damodard29

Prasad GLN

You can escalate this matter to his higher authority immediately and make some genuine attempts to sort the issue out.  The PIO has time to respond for 30 days, why do you want to waste that 30 days when that information is not useful and when you can directly meet the higher official and file such grievance petition immediately.  Make an effort atleast.