Raje1974

Vehicle Registration status

Question

Raje1974

Sir,

Applied for re-registration 3yrs ago  (Inter state transfer) of my Bike with regional RTO  office Trichy . Surrendered orginal RC, insurance  and other supporting docs with superintendent. Upon subsequent enquires, RTO  replied that they have sent an email to Haryana RTO office for NOC vide email.Till date no response from RTO office in Trichy, They are still awaiting for NOC from Haryana.The staff with whom I handed over my RC and other docs has been transferred and they are not able to locate my files ( RC and other insurance docs) at Trichy RTO office. The staff replied that entries are made in  R-register  for vehicle re-registraton. I would like to know the status of my re-registration, r -register pages  and internal office procedure for dealing with such re-registrations and likely action to be taken for loss of my RC at their office

Edited by Raje1974

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

!.File simple RTI application seeking information on present status of application as follows;

Information solicited;

1.Please inform time frame within which a vehicle has to be transferred (Interstate) as per citizen charter.

2. Please inform the present status for such request for transfer of vehicle (date of application;.....................name of owner..............vehicle make;...............................RC No:.............from.........................)

3.Please inform the reasons for inordinate delay in such transfer.

After receiving full information through rtI FILE A CONSUMER COMPLAINT AGAINST RTO IN CON UMER FORUM SEEKING COMPENSATION OF RS.10,000/- FOR DEFICIENCY OF SERVICE AND HARASSMENT.

• Like 1

Raje1974

Sir,

I just remember the month of application. There is no application number or acknowledgment provided, They must have made an entry in the  R register and sent an email to RTO Haryana. Should I seek R -register entry of my application, if so, how should i frame it, Only R register entry will prove that i have applied for the re-registration. They must have deleted the email sent to RTO haryana also,They searched their office for 3 days and my RC and application are missing,

Prasad GLN

YOU CAN SEEK INFORMATION ON THE BASIS OF AVAILABLE RECORD WITH YOU.  At the same time seek same information from RTO of the original registration in haryana  seeking information on reasons for delay. 

• Like 1