News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed

Question

Saig21

Hi

My name is Sai Ghatpande, a resident of Mumbai. My passport was expiring this June and hence on 23 Jan 2009 i submitted my papers to the Passport office.

It took 2 1/2 weeks and my papers hadn't reached my local area police station. When i made inquries, i was told that my papers were misplaced and i had to go to the CID office to get duplicate papers. The papers were then re-submitted to the Oshiwara police station and on 21 feb 2009 i went and signed for my verification. Since then i have been waiting for my passport to be delievered. Today when i checked on their website, it said that on 15.04.2009 my passport will be dispatched. Which means the whole proceedure will take over 2 months and i dont even know when i am getting my passport.

I was told that filing a complain with RTI will help. I mailed my complaint to the address that was given on the mumbai passport website.

I am hoping that you guys help me and tell me what i can do, can i gfile a complain? if yes, then where...

Hoping to hear from you,

Regards

Sai Ghatpande

JagrutiPanchal

Hi All,

I applied for the passport through the regional passport office at Mumbai.

I have successfully completed the police verification process at police station.

After enquring, I came to know that it was been forwarded further from the police station on October 22, 2010.

However, it is still showing on the website of passport office as application status is police verification not received.

I need my passport as soon as possible as I have to submit it in office for emergency official visit to UK.

Please help.

Regards,

Jagruti

JagrutiPanchal

Thanks for the reply.

geesa

Hi,

I have applied for the passport on 29th Sep 2010. after After around 80 days 14th Dec 2010 the police verification is done.

But I still see the online status of my passport as 'Police Report not recieved'. Am really in urgency.

I filed an RTI on 20days back and have got no response. Am from Hyderabad.

Is there any site where I can check the RTI app status.

Someone please help.

• Like 1

Naresh.dharanikota

Hai Team,

I applied for passpoet on 17/04/2010 at Guntur passport office.

my file number is Z505219/10.then police verification completed on 15/05/2010.i checked my passport status in online there is no status upto august 2010.after august my passport status is showing like below

FURNISH 3 PERSONAL PARTICULARS FORMS, DULY COMPLETED WITH 3 COPIES OF PHOTOGRAPHS ALONG WITH PROOF OF STAY.

Then i submitted all my PPF's along with Address proofs on 07/10/2010 at Secundrabad.Then again police verification completed on november 2010 .

But still my passport status is not updated it showing the same message.what can i do now

please help me i need passport urgently

Thanks & Regards

Naresh.D

XXXXXXXXXXXX - Deleted mobile number - posting against forum rules

jyothireddy.adla

Hi ,

This is Jyothi. I've applied for a passport on 25-09-2010. Its been more than three months since i applied. But still it did not get my passport.

this is my file reference number: HYD-Z156726-10.

I should submit a copy of my passport to an MNC by next weekend.

Is there any means to get my passport by that time?

Please help me with some info

balaram.kammili

Hi,

I have applied for passports for self and spouse with application numbers w641605 and w641604 on 9/11/10, and police enquiry also have been completed around 5th to 10th of dec 2010. but still now its showing as police enquiry not completed.

please let me know the status of my passport.

Thanks & Regards,

Balaram,

XXXXXXXXXXXX - Deleted mobile number - posting against forum rules

karira

please let me know the status of my passport.

This is only a discussion portal on the RTI Act.

No one here can inform you your passport status.

However, if you want to use the RTI Act to expedite your passport, read post #3 above yours.

asrashaikh

Hi

I applied for my passport on 05.12.2009 many times went to hyd pp office no response no info net message information wrong

my file no w235659

It is aleady more then a year since i applied for my passport i am newly married women waiting to join my husband in middle east but due to system of our indian passport office i am facing a huge problem to get my passport

if anybody can help me my email id xxx@yyy.zzz - Deleted email id - posting against forum rules

Mohan Choudhary

I had aaplied for fresh passport from Jaipur passport office before 6 months. I didn't recieved my passport yet. I went to my near by police station and DSPc office also, as per information, they had send the reports to the Passport department accordingly. Though the status of passport was showing "Pending due to police report not received yet" on the passport status portal.Now the status was showing blank before few days. I need passport as soon as possible. Kindly help me out in this case. thanks in advance. Looking for your kind support further.

Naresh.dharanikota

Could u plz help me anyone for my post

Thanks & Regards

Naresh.D

karira

Mohan & Naresh,

Read the full thread above and all the links given therein.

getrjain

This is to bring to your notice that I have applied for a fresh Passport Renewal on 21st’Oct’2010 at your District Passport Centre-Geeta Colony. But till date my passport has not been issued and the status of my application is still under processing. Request your support in passport issuance as my employer need passport urgently.

File number- DLH-Z040308

Applicant name- Rohit Jain

Application Date-21st Oct’10

I have visited Regional Passport office on 3rd Jan’11 and requested for a status but still the status is unchanged. I need passport as one of the formalities for employment and I have applied well in advance (21/10/2010) to avoid any kind of problems but this delay is now seriously harassing and disturbing me.

Requesting help in the matter as this is very urngent for me and delay seems to be never ending.

Regards

Rohit Jain

smitair

Hi all ,

I have applied for the passport at 3rd june 2010 police verification has been over,after that status was that passport will get dispatch at 4th jan 2011,but again at 6th jan again they are asking about my current adress proof...why is this so?is it means passport not yet prepared or they dont know where to dispatch the passport":?

ambrish.p

Dear Members

Please read the full thread above and all the links given therein.

regards

balaram.kammili

thnx for the info

gidugu

hello,

I have applied my passport in october 2009,it has been more than 3 months.Till now i have not received my passport.Police verification was completed and there are no additional things required for them from my end.

The online status says"

Station HYDERABAD last updated on 05-01-2011

File Reference Number : HYD-E006294-10 Application Date : 13-10-2010

Applicant's Name : PRABHA PADMINI GIDUGU Applicant's Date of Birth : 27-11-1985

It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the despatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be despatched in a week's time

I NEED TO GO TO US AND IT IS AN EMERGENCY CASE.BUT THE PASSPORT SERVICES ARE HIGHLY ANNOYING AND ARE NOT TAKING ANY KIND OF RESPONSIBILITY.I SPOKE TO ENQUIRY OFFICER IN PASSPORT OFFICE TODAY AND HE SAYS THAT STILL IT WOULD TAKE 5 WEEKS.

THERE IS NO PROPER REASON WHY IT IS PENDING WHEN ALL DOCUMENTS ARE READY.PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

warghade_pritam

Hi,

My name is PRITAM

I applied for my wife passport. Applied on tatkal bases at region office in Nagpur.

Detail is below

File Reference Number : NGP-F000321-11

Application Date : 05-01-2011

Applicant's Name : SHIVMALA WARGHADE

Applicant's Date of Birth : 01-10-1985

Police Report has not been received.

Since I applied one week before, still there is no change in status.

Could you help me to get passport soon.

Regards,

Prtiam

karira

Pritam,

Your post has been merged with another thread on the same topic/subject.

Please read the full thread above and all the links given in the posts.

vijayshri1

The undersigned sent renewal of passport in case of my daughter to the Regional Passport officer , Jaipur vide speedpost no.ER736899386IN on 11/08/2010 from Jodhpur but till now I have not received File No. , no communication as yet to track the status of the same. Original passport no.F4690534 was attached along with A/c payee PNBdraft of Rs 1500/- dated 19.06.2010. I am not getting to connect any body as I am now posted in Assam.

Needs guidance for urgent tracking of the passport and its renewal too.

Thanks and regrads

VK Shrivastava

Bhuwaneshwar Saw

Hi,

I Bhuwaneshwar Saw applied for passport on 14 July 2010, File ref. no# RNC-A018382-10 at Ranchi (Jharkhand).

Police verification has been done on around 4-10th Oct, 2010 but i haven't received passport yet and even still showing on passport official web site is "

Police Report has not been received." and i have urgency of passport.

Pls help me out............

pctimbadia

Hi,

Please check it to the Police Station when they have dispatched police report to the passport office. Take a File No./Police report no. & date and same enquire to the passport office.You may email the concern passport officer or visist personally.