- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
My brother-in-law has applied for the details of his grandfather's agricultural lands situated in a village in Tamil Nadu, Kancheepuram District and Chengalpet taluk to the PIO (Hqrs. Dty. thasildar) and he has got the reply from the PIO stating that pay for the computer patta and take the copies. He has visited the taluk office in person and paid the required amount of fees for the computer patta and received the same. he has asked for the remaining Adangal & Chitta copies for the same lands. but the PIO has asked him to come on different days and dodged and told him that"is it necessary to provide the all records if it is applied under RTI?". he was fed up and he is in the verge of filing a writ petition against this PIO for his conduct. But I had adivised him to send the copies of the RTI request to the chief state information commissioner and state information commissioner of tamil nadu for a favourable action but that too elapsed 10 days and till date no reply from any of these persons. what to do and how to get the copies requested under RTi.
thanks in advance.
I was made to run around by the taluk office for getting the patta for my land. I will be filing a RTI application tomorrow 12th Apr 2008 and send it to the Chengelpet Taluk office.
When I went there on 9th Apr to file it in person, I was promised by the sub-tahsildhar that the matter would be looked into and so I did not file the application as I decided to give them time. However, when I went there yesterday on 10th Apr, the sub-tahsildhar shot back at me that I should wait. I made the mistake of taking the sub-tahsildhar's word but I am planning to rectify that by sending the application through postal order.
Please let me know the procedure for postal order.