sngupta

The cabinet approval for non providing nots sheets under RTI.

sngupta

From the day start the RTI is not getting favour of so many person and so many persons trying to get it modified. Actually these fellows are the real criminals having good set up at present. Some time this man will in `Q` he will feel need of RTI. In my opinion if the retirement age in Govt services have been done 55 years no will oppose the RTI. The fellows who is sitting in Govt. so long is only interested to effective implementation and they are in position to purchase these politicians also. I am sorry to say that there is a provision in constitution that any group B or above officer recruitted before age of 35 must retire on age of 55 and rest all on age of 58. The retirement age of class IV was 60 from very begining. The beaurocrats are so much power ful person who made these politician foolish and made the age of retirement from 55 to 60. I am seeking the opinion of other fellows if they are supporting my opinion that to run the fair Govt it is neede to refresh the Govt. At present our independence is only to elect the 545 MP`s or MLA`s. The beuracrats having such a talent to manage the elected MP`s and MLA`s. The real indepence is only there must be fast change in beuracrats also. 20 to 25 years is to be allowed to work in Govt.

karira

sngupta,

Has the cabinet approved for not providing note sheets under RTI ?

What is the source of the information ?

sngupta

You are really very serious with RTI. I am trying to search some where I read it. I have got it but that motion was in 2006 but I could not got it at this moment approval in year 2007.

sngupta

Dear Karira,

On the website of Ministry of Personnel it is available that Information not include the copy of note sheet.http://http://persmin.nic.in/RTI/WelcomeRTI.htm

karira

sngupta,

CIC has clarfied this issue time and again.

For the benefit of members and visitors, I am attaching herewith 3 decisions of the CIC wherein it has clearly ruled that "note sheets" are indeed "information". In fact, in one of these decisions, the CIC has asked the Ministry Of Personnel (DoPT) to remove the particular item from its webiste...but it is another matter that DoPT has not done so.

Whenever you have a problem of inspecting "file notings", just keep a reference of these 3 decisions handy.

Decision_07082007_06.pdf

Decision_16042007_09.pdf

Decision_29012007_6.pdf

• Like 2

Shrawan

Thank you for sharing this karira, can you post it in your blog so that we have a ready reference.

sngupta

Karira,

I am aware that CIC have given decision in favour of providing Note sheets but Min. of Personnel is making efforts to stop providing note sheet. The CIC was not in favour of providing ACR and proceedings of DPC but ultimately the Monistry of Law provided the right to get the copy of ACRs. Actually the public servant not treating himself as public servant other wise how we may refuse to show anything to our owners.