News Ticker
avadsankar

Marked Absent in MCA course through distance education programe of the University in south TamilNadu

Question

avadsankar

To get carrier growth from Public sector where I am working, I applied for MCA course through distance education programe of the University in south TamilNadu at a cost of Rs40000/-. I duly completed all the papers in May 2003. But I have been marked absent for one paper with all other papers declared passed. I had shown the attendance proof obtained from local exam centre and the same was duly acknowledged by the Controller of Examination. Even after prolonged correspondences emanated from my side, the university authorities have not taken any steps in tracing the paper/ publishing result . but I was informed recently i.e last week that I have to re-write the paper as there is no concrete evidence is available for appearance in MAY 2003. Because of this delay, I have lost my carrier growth i.e pay increment of Rs.450/per month from 2003 onwards and lost better placement and promotion which can not be compensated. If I write the exam now, I will not get any benifit as already 6 years passed. I want to apply this case Under RTI Act 2005. Kindly suggest me how to apply and what information I have to ask from the University authorities. I have got the attendance proof of other papers appered in May 2003 exam along with other participants in which a person was not attending the paper i.e not turned up for the exam, the attendance was marked as "AA". But in my case there is no such "AA" marking in the attendance sheet submitted by local exam centre. Besides I have got the question paper of the exam in which the tickmarked questions were answered by me. This tick-marked questions and the relevent answers can be seen in my answer paper which will be helpful in tracing the answer sheet. I need your help in this regard. Kindly help me.

1 answer to this question

jps50

Welcome to this portal. Pl refer following links:

TAMILNADU RIGHT TO INFORMATION RULES - RTI Guide

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html

U may draft RTI appln and post here and our members will refine it.

Through RTI U can get all the records plus U can personally inspect all the record of the university. U can seek certified photocopy of all the papers which will indicate your presence in exam of that paper. Attendance sheetof the exam hall and center, report of absence filed by invigilator of your exam class and the center, details of supplementaries issued in this paper, copy of record indicating number of papers with roll no. on bundle sent to University. Record of attendance made in university record, record showing sending to the valuer of paper, copy of sheet showing roll numbers sent by the valuer back to university etc etc.

U can preferably take help of a university professor who can give U exact movement of your answer sheet. U can ask certified photocopies of each record showing movement of your answer sheet from supply of blank answer sheet to evaluated sheet and its tabulation. U can get computer print outs of tabulation etc. Even if U can get one paper indicating your roll No./answer sheet, it would be sufficient to prove your presence.

Once you succeed in getting result in your favour, pl file claim of loss tension etc against the University under consumer protection act. I have posted few articles at my blog [jps50] at http://www.bighelpers.org on consumer problems. There is deficiency in service and U can get huge claim. All the best.