docaman

Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products bill 2003

Question

docaman

I Dr. Aman Chowdhry (Masters of Dental Surgery, GC-29 Shivaji Enclave, Rajouri Garden New Delhi) would like to bring into your notice units (shops) selling tobacco within 100 yards of educational institutions which is a crime according to bill passed by Rajya Sabha & Lok Sabha (Bill No. XXXIX – F of 2001, page no 3, act no 6, copy of bill attached).

these units are thriving despite the rulings of honorable Govt of India.

I request you to kindly guide how appropriate action can beagainst perpetrators.

This will be of great help for the fight in curbing the menace of tobacco.

I look forward for your co-operation.

Thanking you

Dr. Aman Chowdhry

(MDS, Oral Pathology)

XXIX-F-2001.pdf

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

RAVEENA_O

Aman,

Please file a complaint with Local police citing the provision of law and the violations noticed by you. You may also file an application before the Municipal Authorities to cancel Shop Registration showing violation of law. You can also make a complaint to the College Authorities to take up the matter with police and Municipal Authorities. Please do not make complaint to SIC/CIC in the first instant.

Wait for a month or so. The file RTI Application with PIO of Police & seek :

(1) Copy of Notings on complaint dt .............. preferred by .................. (your name) illegal vending of tobacco products by ..................... shop (name of shop)

(2) Copy of decision / order of competent authority on complaint dt .............. preferred by ............ (your name) regarding illegal vending of tobacco products by ................ shop (name of shop).

(3) Details of fine imposed on ......................... (shop name) on each day since ................ (date of complaint) till this date ..... (date of RTI Application) for illegal vending of tobacco products within 100 meters of educational institution.

Remember, you cannot ask questions eliciting answers from PIO under RTI Act. You can only seek material information. Please pay proper fee. Please through the RTI links and FAQ at the bottom of this page for details of fee and other details.

sandeepbaheti

Nice initiative. In fact I was planning to begin some action on this myself, though on a different line. Will keep this thread updated as and when I start that.

docaman

well i have all d details of the units ready with photographs..

aul i need is what address to post them..

n ya i also need format of RTI application

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• nirmalbiswas
      By nirmalbiswas
      I beleive in this last 50 years or even more after we have got our independence this is the first time that our Government has sincerely thought of nailing the corrupt officials and has brought this ACT. No doubt the corrupt officials and people in power on the other hand are thinking out ways and means as to how to dilute this act so as not to pass the information regarding the wrong things they do or might do. One of this was not to give information regarding what ever has been dealt on corresponding side before an order has been passed. I beleive we all Government officers who are non corrupt, have nothing to fear from this act and should whole heartedly support this act and make it more stronger.
    • ganpat1956
      By ganpat1956
      Hyderabad, July 07: Central Vigilance Commissioner,. Pratyush Sinha on Saturday said that the introduction of technology in the forms of e-procurement and e-payment in all government organizations and PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings) becomes extremely critical and essential to combat corruption in public procurement.

At present, both, the Government organizations and PSUs make an annual procurement of over Rs. One lakh crores, he noted.

Addressing a gathering at the 4th anniversary celebrations of the Vigilance study circle, Mr. Sinha noted that the Right to Information Act and its extensive use by the citizens were helping to fight against corruption. The RTI Act in tandem with the extensive use of information technology should lead to significant fall in corruption and should be widely encouraged for application in various government departments and PSUs. Technology could be of immense help in tackling the problems of pilferage and loss in transportation of goods and in the aviation sector, he added.

The Commissioner further said that the introduction of technology should not be at the cost of proper training, orientation and commitment of the vigilance personnel. The conventional methods of vigilance would still be valid and any effective anti-corruption body must be based on an optimal mix of technology and trained manpower. An institution like the Vigilance study circle could play an important role in propagating the elements of good governance, in highlighting the wrong-doings and in suggesting ways and means to fighting individual and institutional corruption, he observed.

Siasat

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy