Sign in to follow this  
Shrawan

Confidentiality of accounts by bank exempt under RTI

Shrawan

Central Information Commission

Decision No. 297/IC(A)/2006

F. No. CIC/MA/A/2006/00663

Dated, the 21st September, 2006

• Name of the Appellant : Shri S. Gangaiah Nayakar, 3/488, Rajapalayam Salai, T. N.C.Alangulam, District - Virudhunagar-626127
  • Name of the Public Authority: Indian Overseas Bank, Customers Service Department, Central office, 763,Anna Salai, Channai-600 002.

DECISION

1. The appellant had sought certain information, which was largely furnished to him.
  2. The CPIO however denied the information relating to the details of loan accounts of another person and other documents submitted by him. The CPIO contented that the information sought is related to personal information, which is exempted u/s 8(1)(j) of the Act. The appellate authority upheld the decision of the CPIO.
  3. There is no denial of information to the appellant. The Banks are expected to maintain confidentiality of the accounts of its customers and that the documents submitted by its customers do not fall under public domain. Hence, exempted u/s 8(1)(j) of the Act.
  4. The appeal is accordingly disposed of.

Sd/-

(Prof M. M. Ansari)

Information Commissioner

Download the decision from Download Segment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• abhijitvdabhekar
      By abhijitvdabhekar
      एक शहीद सैनिक के जान की कभी भी क्षतिपूर्ति नहीं हो सकती । फिर भी, शहीद सैनिकों के परिवारों के लिए किया हुआ ये एक छोटा सा प्रयास ।
      A small effort for the families of martyred soldiers:
      Since last 2 years, I have been filing series of RTI applications related to Indian Armed Forces and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) for ensuring ex-Gratia etc. to families of martyred soldiers or soldiers declared as battle casualty from Central level. Also, filed different grievance applications for giving ex-Gratia to families of martyred soldiers from State level as required. Attached photo copies are just some of the responses received to the different applications.
      During above long process, responses and actions were taken by various departments like Ministry of Defense (Navy), Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare (DESW) MoD, IHQ of MoD (Army), Air Head Quarters and many Zilla Sainik Welfare Offices and many District Collector offices and also Mantralaya at state level.
      Note:
      The RTI applications were primarily around Indian Armed Forces and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).
      1) Indian Armed Forces: This includes below 3 professional uniformed services:
      i] Indian Army,
      ii] Indian Navy, and
      iii] Indian Air Force.
      2) Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF): This includes forces like:
      i] Border Security Force (BSF),
      ii] Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF),
      iii] Central Industrial Security Force (CISF),
      iv] Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), and
      v] Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
      and others.

Hope the world will reach to a civilization level wherein there won’t be any need of violence.
      उम्मीद है कि दुनिया एक दिन सभ्यता (civilization) के उस स्तर तक पहुंच जाएगी, जहां हिंसा या war की कोई आवश्यकता नहीं रह जायेगी ।
      Abhijit Dabhekar.

• saavee
      By saavee
      This has reference to my need to initiate - RTI. queries.
      The queries have the following origins ...
      Social - for my initiatives under - www.saveaamadmi.com
      Commercial - for my initiatives under - www.saveaamvypari.com
      The nature of - RTI. Query will be sufficient indication - if it's meant - for - social or commercial - purpose.
      avishik01@hotmail.com is my email id & 9831033484 is my - personal mobile number & you can please send a what's app ...

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy