Question

muzzaffarnazar

Hi everybody

I am GATE (2003) qualified student and seeked admission for Post graduation in 2004-2006. I had recieved the stipend only for six month. Still i have to recievethe stipend for 18 months. I wrote the AICTE many times but they didnot react and now the college is not responding.

may i request you to please guide me for the same.

Regards

Muzzaffarnazar

jps50
muzzaffarnazar

Thanks JPS. I have drafted an application on a plain paper and would be going to the AICTE office, south cell bangalore 09. The office is open only from Monday to Friday. Just for the curosity cause- can you let me know generally how long this will take to resolve and would the RTI prove successful factor.

karira

The PIO has 30 days, from the date of receipt, to give you the information you sought.

• Like 1

muzzaffarnazar

Hi All

I have filed the RTI application on 18 May 2009 in bangalore.

The concerned officers dont have any knowledge about their responsibilities towards RTI. Also they dont even know about the info on the AICTE website.:confused:

The best option is to take 10 Rs. postal order from the post office in the name of Regional officer, AICTE, SWRO, Bangalore.

What if the information is not sought to me in 30 days. what steps should i take...

Thanks and Regards

Muzzaffar

ambrish.p

Dear Muzzafar

Wait for 35/40 days from the date of your application (30 days for reply + 5/10 days for postal delays). If you dont receive any reply by then, you can presume that it has not been replied and proceed to file the first appeal.

First Appeal to First Appellate Authority.

Fee: no fees for First Appeal with central public authorities.

Format:No prescribed format for First Appeal with central public authorities. .

For help/guidence please see:

How to write First appeal: How to write First Appeal under RTI? - RTI Guide

First Appeal Central Govt. Guidelines: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/18-first-appeal-central-govt-guidelines.html

A ready made format for First Appeal for deemed denial of information is attached to this post: (Please make suitable changes)

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3363-disregarding-right-information-act.html#post11618

The time limit for filing First Appeal is 30 days from the date of PIO's reply or the date on which you were supposed to receive it.

regards

• Like 1

muzzaffarnazar

Thanks Mr. Ambrish

I would be highly grateful if you could help me in identifying the First Appellate Authority in AICTE.

I had a discussion with Mr. Dalal of BANGALORE AICTE where he advised to write to the following

" The Advisior; Research and Institutional Development Beaureu, AICTE, New Delhi"

Please suggest for the same.

With Regards

Muzzaffar.

ambrish.p

Dear Muzzafar

Director (QA Bureau) & Appellate Authority

ADD. AICTE NBCC Place(East Block), 4th floor Bhisham Pitamah Marg, Pargati Vihar Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110 003

Ph. 24369623, 24369633 Extn.204

mail: tnaqvi@aicte.ernet.in

Please see: http://www.aicte.ernet.in/download/rit.doc

regards

diliprokde

hi,

i m a 2nd yr. student of M.E. , i have qualified gate 2007 and i have taken admission in engineering college and for the first sem. class attendance were approximate 90% and they have not given any teaching load to me and whenever i asked about my gate stipend they replied me that we have not received gate stipend from AICTE till now. after 1 yr. when i asked for my stipend they reply me that you have not taken teaching load due to this reason we will not give/recommend gate stipend to you.

please guide me.

thanking you.

• Like 1

ambrish.p

Dear Dilip

Please go through the earlier discussions in this thread.

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

reagrds

Kuldeep Dhania

hi all

m stundent of m tech computers with Gate qualification.but due to university

problem i m not getting scholarship from aicte.however university have sent the scholarship appliation to aicte.

quistion is that againt whom i should use my rti ??

whether to university or the AICTE??

taurus

If the application is pending with AICTE, better approach AICTE.

Shahnaz

Hi,

I would like to get some information about the GATE scholarship.

I enrolled for M.Tech in 2006. I cleared GATE exam in the second semester and the university authorities told me that I am eligible for stipend.

I completed my course in 2008. Till now, I have not received a single penny. My friend who did his M.Tech. in Chennai and who cleared GATE in the second semester got his stipend.

Though I approached the University many a time, they say that AICTE is not giving any reply to their mails.

What should I do? Whom should I contact for the stipend I am eligible for?

Please help me.

Thanks and Regards,

Shahnaz

muzzaffarnazar

Dear All

Under the RTI act, I applied to the Regional Officer, South cell, Bangalore.

The office directed my application in July 09 to the Advisor RID, new delhi.

Till date i havent recieved the details regarding the stipend from the office.

on 18 Dec 09, I reapplied under the RTI act to the Advisor (RTI), New Delhi.

I am also planning to write to the first appellate authority if i dont recieve the information from the Advisor.

Please do advise me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

Regards

Muzzaffar

taurus

I am not sure whether u have sent your application under RTI to the correct PIO. As given in the site of AICTE the procedure to be followed is as follows:

• To specify the particulars of the information being sought by the applicant

• To be accompanied by fee as prescribed under the rules, payable to “MEMBER SECRETARY, AICTE, NEW DELHI”

• To be made to the Public Information officer or Assistant Public Information Officer as the case may be,

Application fee can also be deposited in cash by individual applicant in person with the Cashier, Finance Bureau at the AICTE HQ or any one of the eight Regional Offices of AICTE.

Hope u followed this procedure correctly. Please check up.

• Like 1

sudeeshpkd

I have completed my M Tech in Production and Industrial Engg from MACE, Kothamangalam, MG University during the period 2007-2009. I have received one year stipend @ Rs. 5000/month for the period Nov 2007- Oct 2008. In between the above period, AICTE has increased the amount to Rs. 8000/month. I have not received the grant for the last two semesters and also the arrear of the second semester.

Our college has communicated to AICTE several times. As per the reply received from Dr.V.K.Kohli, Assistant Director (RID) vide their letter reference PG/GATE-SCH/2004-2005/214 dated 8/10/2009, our college have forwarded all the letters required by them for release of PG Scholarship grant. They are not responding for the letters or releasing the grant to the students of Mar Athanasius College of Engineering, Kothamangalam. M.G University.

Please take up the matter at their end to get it released. Also let me know what I have to do in this matter. Awaiting for your favorable response

thanking you

SUDEESH S

taurus

Please read the posts at #12 and #15 above.

krish_ybk3

hi,

I appeared for gate2010 under EE stream and got qualified my rank is 3213, percentile 93.85,

what are my chances to get AICTE scholarship i'm looking forward to do Mtech from BITS....

please give me answer

regards

Krishna

karira
hi,

I appeared for gate2010 under EE stream and got qualified my rank is 3213, percentile 93.85,

what are my chances to get AICTE scholarship i'm looking forward to do Mtech from BITS....

please give me answer

regards

Krishna

This is only a discussion portal on the RTI Act 2005.

No one here can tell you your chances about GATE scholarship.

vinesh.dahiya

hi everyone. i have done my post graduation in 2007-09 batch.

my college missed to send my scholarship requisition in 2007 wd my other batchmates, but they sent it in 2008 and kept sending it later in 2009 too.

In 2010 few weeks back, aicte provided d sch'ships of other batchees of mine whose documents were sent in 2007.

But didd'nt send my sch'shp of complete 2yrs. the institute doesn't seem to do much, how should i proceed to get my sch'shp. to whom should i write or meet ??? if someone knows plz. let me know...

Snehal Kaur

I am Snehal Kaur. doing M.Pharm in National College of Pharmacy. I have qualified GATE in 2008 but I have not recieved the stipend yet. We have sent many reminders, emails and also contacted AICTE over phone, but they do not respond. I am in great financial problem and dont know who else to approach.

ambrish.p

Dear Snehal

Please read this full thread.

regards

muzzaffarnazar

Hi All

I am happy to inform you that i got the letter from the AICTE regarding my scholarship.

I wrote to the Member secretary,AICTE under the RTI act 2005 and through their letter i realized that the College has never applied for the scholarship.

I am thankful to the forum. Please write to the "The Member secretary, AICTE," for your individual scholarship.

This has helped me a lot and now i will ask the college to answer this either friendly or legally.

With Regards

Muzzaffar

Hanuman Bana

Hello sir,

I am student of m.tech microelectronic 3rd sem. in panjab university chandigarh.

sir i got admission in 2009 in the deppt. UIET(m.tech course AICTE approved) on the valid gate score based .according to AICTE and MHRD rule scholarship of 8000 / month is given to every qualified student. but till we will not get any scholarship.

so i wanna to ask question from my University and AICTE that why they are not payig us.pls tell me regarding questions and place where i have to fire RTI against University and AICTE pls reply.

thanks

smbhappy

:Edited:

Moderators Note:

Please try to discuss issues in the main forum only, rather than offline.

1. The ensuing discussions will help other members/guests who might be facing similar issues

2. Poster will get multiple suggestions and views from different members

3. This is a open forum and the whole purpose is to create a knowledge base on RTI.

karira

so i wanna to ask question from my University and AICTE that why they are not payig us.pls tell me regarding questions and place where i have to fire RTI against University and AICTE pls reply.

Your post has been merged with another thread on the same subject/topic.

Please read the full thread above.