News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
karira

Practise Filing One Application in Month under RTI

karira

Practise Filing One Application in Month under RTI

Mangalore, Nov 5: �For the betterment of your own, make a practice of filing at least one application in a month under the Right To Information (RTI) Act,� said renowned RTI activist Shailesh Gandhi.

He was addressing the Citizens at Lions Seva Mandir here on Saturday November 3.

He further said that by filing the application one can shake the government.

The entire administrative machinery can be reformed in three years, if 25 to 30 lac people, out of 100 crore population, file the application seeking information under the RTI Act, he informed.

In order to make effective use of the most powerful weapon, it is necessary that all should have a strong will in the form of the RTI Act, he added.

After a long, continued struggle the Act came into existence, said Gandhi. It was also an ideal democratic tool to realize the dream of Sampurna Swaraj, he added.

All these year the biggest democracy remained a participatory democracy and not functional democracy. So today with the RTI act in hand, we can make it function for the betterment of the country, he added.

RTI Act will help in getting rid of the habit of blaming the system and will give the strength to shake the system, he said.

D A I J I W O R L D

vashisthvivek

This is very good idea. However, the people should raise the issues of public importance and not file an application for mere filing of the same.

karira

Then, like Major Ravindran in Pallakad (Kerala), we all will also be "blacklisted" by our respective SIC's....

vashisthvivek
:) If SIC of HP took such step, I will definitely agitate this order. However, the SIC of HP have started recognising me, as I have already appeared before it in number of cases. In fact, last time the CIC asked me to take some classes to trains the PIOs of the State.

maneesh
This is very good idea. However, the people should raise the issues of public importance and not file an application for mere filing of the same.

Thata very responsible statement. I guess all RTI activist have to become responsible like you.

vashisthvivek

Maneesh Sir,

Thanks for the encouragement.

hkdubey

Very Nice Idea. Each member should file atleast one application under RTI Act. We will have the following benefits

1. The fear from Government officers will go out

2. We will know the lacuna in the act.

Further the information received must be used to eradicate the problems. Mere getting the information is not the solution. Suppose one knows the fate of issue of his passport but still he is unable to get it, is not the solution. This forum must educate to use the informations further too.

colnrkurup

Major Ravindran (Palghat) has taken every step possible, including organising 'Dharna'. Nothing happened. You name any step. Major Ravindran has gone to the extreme. Most of the public servants in Kerala unlike HP are immunue to everything except deterant punishments, bribe, nepotism, political mileage etc. If one want to get anything done, presently one has to resort to any of these means.

rinkooashu

yes i agree with u, because there are so many problems in our system, by filing a RTI we can put a pressure on the system.:)

nkadda

I agree with you. Merely teaching and studying theory will not solve the problem. So best way either self filing RTI for our own cause or for public cause will educate us.

There may be some teething problem initially but it will be the only solution for both the ends (those seeking the information and those giving the information).

keep going.

hkdubey

Let us educate one to file one RTI application once a month or if not possible bimonthly once but we should start it. I have already started educating people. and last month one application has been filed I have taken railway as the target. Let each one of us take one office as target. This month I have to file the appeal for him to FAA. If each one of take one ofice as target then probably we can change the entire system. we will overcome any teething problem. Let us also have our frnds to be member to this forum.

lalgulab

filing a single application will create awarness among ourselevs later we will know where we are standing and where our application is sitting.

hkdubey
filing a single application will create awarness among ourselevs later we will know where we are standing and where our application is sitting.

If You will sit application will too seat. You have to make it Run too.

hkdubey
Then, like Major Ravindran in Pallakad (Kerala), we all will also be "blacklisted" by our respective SIC's....

How many will be black Listed?? I Welcome it

lalgulab
If You will sit application will too seat. You have to make it Run too.

pract.one application in month later will show where and were we succeded and also about failures. if an individual gets proper direction were to run certainly he will not be seated.once this happens it will be case history. for all of us

sagginyou

This will really revolutionise the governance in india.

like cricket we should also eat, sleep and drink rti...

wehelp

I myself filed 15( pulbic intrest) RTI application with various authorities like muncipality, revenue and bureau of indian standards 5 of my application are with SIC hyderabad waiting for hearing

Bipin
Let us educate one to file one RTI application once a month or if not possible bimonthly once but we should start it. I have already started educating people. and last month one application has been filed I have taken railway as the target. Let each one of us take one office as target. This month I have to file the appeal for him to FAA. If each one of take one ofice as target then probably we can change the entire system. we will overcome any teething problem. Let us also have our frnds to be member to this forum.

:)

Respected sir,

Yes it is very necessary to educate for RTI and appreciate yr work sir.

rgds/bipin

hkdubey
How many will be black Listed?? I Welcome it

If One is getting Black listed for this, It is of No worry. Just Remember how many freedom Fighters got Black listed By British Government.

sandeepbaheti
If One is getting Black listed for this, It is of No worry. Just Remember how many freedom Fighters got Black listed By British Government.

Hats off to your way of thinking and concern for the nation. And if any SIC acts unreasonably we always have the option of approaching the High court.

satya.hyd

Great Idea.. One RTI application a month will surely change the system. The govt officers will be on their toes.

sagginyou

Forget govt officrs, the govt will be on toes.....

today most of the govt is running on 50% of staff strength...

Delhi Govt is running on 44%

So, this will in effect divert most of the employees on providinng only the information not the solution...

if one file a complaint then he will see blank files only in RTI reply as no one will be there to make any file on it...

See there r one billion citizens...even if 10% use this weapon against govt then 10 crore applications...

see the scenario and think over it...

sandeepbaheti

Your concern has been answered by vashisthvivek in post #2.

hkdubey
Forget govt officrs, the govt will be on toes.....

today most of the govt is running on 50% of staff strength...

Delhi Govt is running on 44%

So, this will in effect divert most of the employees on providinng only the information not the solution...

if one file a complaint then he will see blank files only in RTI reply as no one will be there to make any file on it...

See there r one billion citizens...even if 10% use this weapon against govt then 10 crore applications...

see the scenario and think over it...

I dont think mere not asking the information will reduce the work load . The only solution is to post adequate staff.

sandeepbaheti

On a lighter note, this may inspire someone to file an RTI query asking what is the shortfall in staff strength and what measures have been taken to fill the vacant posts.

:D

• Similar Content

• shrivar1212
      By shrivar1212
      Hello,
      I require help on co-operative issue. I had filed the RTI with the PIO, Dy registrar of co-op societies seeking information on affairs of society.
      The PIO has replied stating that the information I am seeking is available with co-operative society. My query is:
      1] Can PIO direct an applicant to private body for information?
      2] The society in question comes under the jurisdiction of the PIO, since PIO is public authority and co-operative society a private body, is it not duty of PIO to seek information from society and give it to me? How can PIO direct me back to society? This is RTI application, either I have to appeal or I have to forego. I cannot complaint against reply. So I want to approach FAA, under what grounds can I?
      3] What kind of violation PIO has committed by directing me back to private society? 
      4] Does co-operative society come under the purview of RTI ACt?
      Your views are appreciated. I am fighting lone battle with corrupt system. 

• Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      Can the General Diary of the police station where particulars of "All the details in r/o criminals arrested and entry of arrival/departure of all enrolled police officers on duty with nature of their duties, duty performed and places visited etc."   are maintained be inspected and photo copies sought from a particular police station under RTI?
      Is there any particular clause/section that needs to be quoted for inspection under RTI? Any format available for inspection under RTI?

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy