- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
We did it!! with the help of RTI, we have been able to get the photocopies of the entire documentation exchanged between our builder and the BMC. Till now we felt at the mercy of the builder and BMC ofcourse was a law unto itself - not now. we feel so much more empowered. Earlier applications for the same documents to the BMC in the past years drew a blank, but on the 2nd of April, exactly 2 mths to the date of application under RTI, 2005, we got what we wanted. May the Act live well and long into the future of our country. And all of you too!
I had asked a question under RTI regarding investments to a public sector bank. The CPIO wrote to me that since they are not "sure what information is being sought" they have asked me to come to their office for discussions. After discussions, they will give me the copies of the documents asked for.
My query is whether I can request that a lawyer or a chartered accountant be present during such didscussions. Also can the reply be signed by the Chief Financial Advisor of the bank instead of the CPIO. The CPIO who is an engineer has told me that since he is not an expert at financial matters, he would like the reply to be sent by the CFA.
Regards and thanks