missedguy

Toll Tax Dahisar

Question

missedguy

Hi,

I saty in Mira Rd (Thane) & have to cross dahisar toll naka to move towards mumbai . Now as i have recently moved jobs & need to travel to malad every day i decided to make a monthly pass but i was infrmomed that i can do that only from the 1st of July as even if i make a pass today i will still have to pay Rs. 1000 for just 12 days which is ridiculous, as i was dicussing that it is not right & the same should nopt affect people wanting a monthly pass one of the guys came from behind the counter & said do what you want we will not change the rules for you, & if am not able to afford the pass travel by bus, how rude is that. So i spoke to person handling the TOLL NAKA & asked the reason for same, now listen to the reason......HE SAYS AS THE ISSUE IS A DIFFERENT COLOUR PASS EACH MONTH IS GIVEN FOR MONTLY CUSTOMERS SO IT IS DIFFICULT TO SEGREGATE THE SAME, THAT MEANS THEY WANT TO COLLECT & NOT TAKE THE HASSEL OF CHECKING .....MOST OF THE TIME IN EVENING & MORNING THE TRAFFIC MOVES SLOW & AM SURE THEY ARE PAID TO DO THEIR JOB & CHECK THE SAME .....ALSO THE TOLL WAS INCREASED FROM RS. 25 TO RS. 30 ITS BEEN YEARS THEY ARE COLLECTING TOLL SO ALSO WHY THE INCREASE ........JUST WANTED TO KNOW AS TO WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR COMPLAING AS THIS IS NOT FAIR THAT I PAY RS. 60 FOR 12 DAYS WHEN I CAN GET A PASS WHICH COMES TO RS. 33 A DAY .....PLAESE HELP

24 answers to this question

RAVEENA_O

Hi JG

Welcome to RTI India. Please go through the Need Help? section & FAQ at the bottom of this page for more information about RTI Act.

Toll is collected based on a contract, which include the terms and conditions of issuance of Passes and collection of Toll. Please prefer an RTI Application before the PIO of the authority granted the Contract and seek copy of Contract Agreement. Generally such contract agreements runs to hundreds of pages. Therefore you can seek inspection of original contract agreement by making RTI Application. During inspection, you can demand certified copy of relevant portion, which may serve your purpose.

For details about filing RTI Application please read RTI Guide

Once you have this document, you can complain to the authorities including the contract awarding authority for violation of particular clause of agreement and seek action.

edwarpaulpinto

Dear Sir,

I totally agree with you. I also stay in Mira road and buying pass for last 3 yrs. We Mira road people are deprived of a comfortable travel. Trains/buses are over crowded. We can not take a direct auto and auto are not metered. To take private car we have to pay toll tax. A person staying just next toll naka need not pay toll tax. But we just staying 1 - 2 km away from toll have to pay toll tax. This is clearly a injustice. Govt can not improve Train service/bus service and also do not want us to travel freely byour own mode. In the other toll nakas the locals are given free entry for ex Virar, Charoti, Mumbra, Nasik road. Accordingly Dahisar Toll shold be free for Mira/Byender residents. I request that we like minded pople of Mira road should join together and fight for our right.

regards/edward

rupeshkumar

Respected all ,

what is duration of charging toll tax by TOLNAKA since it came into action ?

as per my information TOLNAKA has some particular period of charging but i am not sure about it .

thanking you all,

sharadphadke

I am searching ministry of shipping and road transport ministry web page and found one directive for procedure to calculate "TOL" for the road. I was shocked. This was due to the fact PUNE Mumbai Express way collects 140/= for around 90/95 Kms. and Baroda Ahmadabad Express way of almost same distance requires only 70-75 Rs. The notification I found says rate to be 0.65 per km. and the amount is to be rounded to nearest Rs.5/- I am in process to study why so difference? Both are National Highways and hence "Tol" for both should have been same. Shall post if I find some directive or clarification on the subject matter. The pdf file is not clear and unreadable fully.

Best way is to put RTI to ministry.

ambrish.p

Dear Rupesh

Please refer post # 2 and also read:https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/53025-toll-collection-gsfc-chhani-overbridge.html#post128989

regards

ahiren

why can't they have boklet just like ghodbunder toll which will be concessional and can be used effectively.

sharadphadke

Can any one from Delhi find from Supreme Court what is the position of this case. There were many cases on this subject in different High Courts and were called to Supreme Court as the issue is mainly on our "Fundamental Right for Movement" and Govt. collects Rs. 2/- per liter of petrol and diesel for development of roads apart from Road Tax from vehicles.

If some one can find the number and detail position the matter can be pushed forward in Apex Court.

So help from Delhi worker is requested from all India basis workers on Road Toll issue. I am stuck to that position.

RAVEENA_O

Every right, including fundamental rights are subject to reasonable restrictions. Total public funding was not possible in certain projects, may be due to priority or paucity of funds. When a huge amount is spent through PPP (Private Public Partnership) for construction of such structures or public amenity for the benefit of public, there is a reasonable expectation that the users may pay to compensate for the capital expenditure incurred by private entity towards construction. Construction under PPP being a Government decision, the private entity cannot be put to financial loss in the name of Fundamental Rights. Generally such projects are undertaken on PPP owing to larger public demand for larger public interest.

sharadphadke
Every right, including fundamental rights are subject to reasonable restrictions. Total public funding was not possible in certain projects, may be due to priority or paucity of funds. When a huge amount is spent through PPP (Private Public Partnership) for construction of such structures or public amenity for the benefit of public, there is a reasonable expectation that the users may pay to compensate for the capital expenditure incurred by private entity towards construction. Construction under PPP being a Government decision, the private entity cannot be put to financial loss in the name of Fundamental Rights. Generally such projects are undertaken on PPP owing to larger public demand for larger public interest.

Madam,

I respect your posting on PPP aspect. I request you in personal capacity to find the said matter.

There is a case from Bombay High Court filed by Ex Police Chief of Maharashtra and to my knowledge he has taken real trouble in point wise stating the flows in this plus our Constitutional Rights.

You may not be aware of one fact that Union Govt. takes Rs. 2/- per liter from Diesel & Petrol towards Road Tax or Fund. Plus there is a Road tax on your vehicle which you pay to RTO. Plus there is again Road Tax in Maharashtra which is Rs. 1/- per liter over and above. There are different taxes in diff. States for which I have not the information.

In the rules there is a condition to plant at least 5 years grown trees at some specific distance. How many trees you have seen on "Toll" Roads? (Depending on the lanes it is approx. 200 meter distance)

There is also one condition that there has to be a Non Toll road also. How many you have noticed? Did you notice even service roads near town or village? Did you see any crossing provided for them?

Just for curiosity find the figure of Petrol & Diesel sold in Delhi alone and you will know the hitch in PPP. You won't be able to count the amount which is collected for ROAD DEVELOPMENT from the Govt. If they use only 25% from this there is no need for PPP even after leaving money for "Babus" which they take in Road Tenders.

I agree private entity can not be put in loss. But how much profit they are allowed to make? In one RTI by activist in Maharashtra it was found the cost of road was 200 crors and the "Toll" collected was 2000 crors and still the collection was going on. After the presure then it was stopped.

You are from Delhi why not favor me the Case No and status? I will take out the copy and read it.

Your logo

Satyameva Jayate

I also say "Satyameva Jayate"

Dig the truth.

ravikiranamin

Hi All,

I have been regularly follwing the treads for dahisar toll naka and have come across lot of rumours of it shifting or getting waivers. Finally i involved myself in search of the document which could put some authenticity to this discussion and luckily i came across a document " toll policy for national highways".

It clearly states that those vehicles within the 20 km radius are entitled for 150/- monthly pass as on 2008 and every year it may increase by 3% without compounding.. anyways i would prefer to post it online so that all my fellow users who have been trying to get hold of this document can use it for the joint movement ... let me know how i can post the same or share

Toll_Policy_NH.pdf

karira

rare,

Now that you have the document, you should start filing RTI applications with the authority which gave permission or contract to that toll collector and ask them about the implementation of that policy.

But, first check whether that toll check post is on a National Highway or not - because these guidelines are only for National Highways.

ravikiranamin

Hi,

I have got hold of the toll policy gazette for national higway... Lets all please do something on this regards jointly.. It clearly states that vehicles used on national highway for non commercial use staying at 20 kms radius need to be given a pass at 150/- per month and that was in 2008 and incremental of 3 percent annually is allowed for increase in operating and maintainance cost.. I have posted another thread check that out and i have attached the document too

karira
Hi,

I have posted another thread check that out and i have attached the document too

Where is that thread and the attachment ? Can you please give a link ?

sanpay

As member of Mira-bhayandar Resident.

Could you please let me know the details of Dahisar Toll Plaza.

1 ) Till what time the TOLL are Collected from TOll Plaza

2 ) Is there any time frame

3 ) Will the toll ever Abolished .

IF NO WHY

IF yes WHEN

4 ) IF toll will stay Ever then it is UNJUST for Mira-bhayandar resident to Pay TOLL throught life.

5 ) I have also heard that NEW mumbai - pune Expressway Toll would be abolished in 2028 , then WHY not DAHISAR Toll.?

karira

sanpay,

Your post has been merged with another existing thread on the same topic/subject.

Please read the full thread above and the links given therein.

Also read some other threads on the subject, available in the following search results: http://www.google.co.in/search?gcx=c&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=toll+tax+dahisar#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=toll+tax+dahisar+site:www.rtiindia.org&pbx=1&o

sanpay

This answer's query of Reduced TOLL price.

Am after information of ABOLISHING the DAHISAR TOLL

karira

Am after information of ABOLISHING the DAHISAR TOLL

For this you ahve to:

1. First get the reason for that toll tax being charged ? Is it for a bridge or a road that was constructed

2. What was the original cost of the bridge / road

3. Get a copy of the concession agreement for toll collection and study its provisions

4. Since when is the toll being collected ? For how many years it has been collected ?

5. What is the annual amount collected since inception ?

6. How much percentage is shared between government and the operator

7. What are each of their shares used for

First you need to collect all the information related to teh above. Study it and then decide the future course of action.

Similar studies elsewhere have shown that tolls were still being collected for years after the original cost was recovered and even maintenance charges were recovered. If that is the situation in this case also, the you will have to approach the court with all the data collected through RTI to get such a toll collection struck down.

harshal1004
Dear Sir,

I totally agree with you. I also stay in Mira road and buying pass for last 3 yrs. We Mira road people are deprived of a comfortable travel. Trains/buses are over crowded. We can not take a direct auto and auto are not metered. To take private car we have to pay toll tax. A person staying just next toll naka need not pay toll tax. But we just staying 1 - 2 km away from toll have to pay toll tax. This is clearly a injustice.If rule is for Khalapur then why it is not applicable for Dahisar toll naka?

Prasad GLN

Post this as grievance in their on line portal (The portal of that authority who awarded such contract)

harshal1004
Post this as grievance in their on line portal (The portal of that authority who awarded such contract)

Can you please provide the link.. I wil post it on their portal.

Prasad GLN

Unless members are aware of the dept., that maintains such toll gate it is not possible to provide such link. Both Maharashtra and Central Government has opened separate sites for Public Grievance Redressal . Go to their main sites and select ministries relevant.

virendersinghrawat

If it's bridge or road then why are they charging for vehicle traveling from Mira road to Borivali passing below the bridge they are either using bridge nor Western Express

Think it's entry to Mumbai municipal limit

saurav.thetech

I stay in Dahisar ,Vaishali Nagar from more than 15 Years , which is just 1 km away from toll and my many friends are living in kashi Mira, shanti park  and Bhayander and i have to pay both side toll tax for going mira road and bhayander. This is clearly a injustice. A person staying just next toll naka need not to pay toll tax.

After Paying the toll tax still the road, and flyover bridge condition are very very bad. I request to all the pople of Dahisar, Mira road should join together and fight for our rights.

Saurabh Kumar
Dahisar resident

Prasad GLN

Members in the forum are not from Dahisar only, may be they may not be having interest in your cause.

Arrange some one at the toll or in your place and get all addesses of those who are paying such toll on daily basis, make a repesentation to the concerned authorities collectively as a group through elected representative.  Use this as your demand for voting them.

Not RTI issue .