News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
NamrataR

Builder(Ghaziabad) not providing the copy of Map approval from GDA

Question

NamrataR

Hello,

I bought a flat (residential 2 storeyed apartement in Vaishali) from a private builder and at the time of deal he told me that he is constructing the parking too for the flat owners. As such I dont have any written agreement with him for parking.

Now he is asking the flat owners to pay 25000 Rs. so that they can use the parking.

I dont think the building's map has been approved with the parking in and the builder is not providing me the copy of the map approval from GDA.

Do you know if I can get this from anywhere else.

I dont have good relations with the builder as I was the one to stand against his wish to put a signalling tower on the apartments roof for which he is still trying...

Thanks for your suggestions.

Best Regards

Namrata

3 answers to this question

karira

NamrataR,

The building plan approved by the GDA is a public document and can be accessed under RTI.

For details of SPIO in GDA, please visit:

Ghaziabad Development Authority

(you will need to download Hindi fonts to read the page properly......these can be downloaded from the link given at the bottom of the page referred to above).

In case the application fee and the mode of payment is not given on the above page, please call up the PIO and ask for the same before submitting your application.

mpai

Why dont you pay GDA a visit. Meet the PIO personally first. These days, the provide the information without seeking any RTI Application.

Talk to them politely, narrate your problem and express your desire to seek the copies etc. through an RTI Application.

I bet, they would co-operate and also provide you with some surprising documents as well.

Manoj

NamrataR

Thanks for the info and suggestions to both of you.