sal8

PAN Card Correction

Question

sal8

Hi,

I had sent in an application to NSDL to correct my surname on my PAN Card. They kept pointing out discrepancy upon discrepancy and I had to file a second correction application. I also sent them a gazetted officer letter for the correction request. Finally they are now pointing out to the following 2 discrepancies:

1. The gazetted officer had written the word "attested" above his signature and this is invalid. Where is the Income Tax procedure or rule for this? Nowhere is the format of the gazetted officer letter presented on NSDL's or Income Tax department's website. As far as the English dictionary is concerned, attested also means "verified."

2. The letter explaining the discrepancy should come from a Class 1 gazetted officer. Nowhere in NSDL's or Income Tax's website mentioned that only a Class 1 gazetted officer should give the letter. In fact, even their discrepancy letters do not mention anything about Class 1.

Can RTI help resolve this and if yes, whom should I direct the RTI query for the PAN issue to? Thanks so much for your help.

--Sal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 answers to this question

sandeepbaheti

RTI is meant only for seeking information. For help on procedural issues you may visit our sister portal http://www.bighelpers.org

Jayavani

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Jayavani Cheepulla holding Pan card no AAAAAAAAA. I got married recently and my sur name changed to Jayavani Sarkar for which I have marriage certificate.

Please advice me how can I change the name and update husband name on my Pan card.

Regards,

Jayavani

karira
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Jayavani Cheepulla holding Pan card no AAAAAAAAA. I got married recently and my sur name changed to Jayavani Sarkar for which I have marriage certificate.

Please advice me how can I change the name and update husband name on my Pan card.

Regards,

Jayavani

This portal is only dedicated to discussing issues related to the RTI Act 2005.

You will not get any answers here to general doubts and requests for help in non RTI related matters.