News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
godsold

Fine charges for parking in a no parking zone

Question

godsold

Hi,

I am seeking information on fine imposed for parking a vehicle in a no parking zone. Wherein the traffic police in Mumbai is charging Rs200 as Rs100 towards fine and Rs100 towards the towing charges for towing your vehicle from the non parking zone to the traffic polie depot.

Wherein they are refusing to provide a conrete receipt stating that they have taken Rs200 as a fine for parking a vehicle in a no parking zone.

I am seeking information to clarity of this law and the charges levied on to it and if they are charging Rs200 legally or otherwise and if it's otherwise then what action can be taken so that this illegal act is brought to the notice of the law.

Regards,

Sushant Gurav

1 answer to this question