Jump to content
News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
  • 0

Need information abou the tax refund status



For the assessment year 2007-08, when I searched for my refund status, I got this message-

"Unable to credit refund as the account number provided by you is incorrect".


And for the assessment year 2006-07, I got this message on the page -

"1. Your assessing officer has not sent this refund to Refund Banker.

2. If this refund has been sent by your Assessing Officer within the last week, you may wait for a week and again check status."


What can I do for both of the above 2 cases? It would be great if someone can advise me on the same?


I have checked the other suggested threads, but couldn't get the exact answer to my question, so asking for clarification.





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Dear Deepak


You can file RTI application to check the status of your refund. Your RTI application has to be as per Central Govt. RTI Rules & will be addressed to Central Public Information Officer (CPIO or PIO).


Better file separate application for each case.


RTI fee: Indian Postal order/D.D./B.C. of Rs.10/- payable to "ACCOUNTS OFFICER"


Details of CPIO: The IT department has designated ALL assessing officers (ITO/AC) as CPIO's.Your assessing officer (ITO or AC) of your ward/circle is the CPIO.This is the same assessing officer to whom you submitted your IT return wherein you claimed refund.


Please refer to the blog (by Karira Sir): http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/karira/326-rti-application-pending-refund.html for a suggested format & other details.


For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the All About RTI links on the homepage & RTI Guide section of the portal.


If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I have not received my refund from ITO Indore for Assessment year 2008-09. I filled the return and received the acknowledment No.0025303879 dated 25.0708.kindly inform me what should i do??

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Dear Anil


Please see post # 2 (above)


If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • nitin907
      By nitin907
      I filed my tax return in bangalore A.Y. 2005-06 and 2006-07.
      I am in delhi now and still have not recieved the refunds.
      I have got the address by looking at some sites is it correct ?
      Income Tax Officer
      Now how should I make an application under RTI and there is a draft to be made of Rs 10/- in what name the draft should be made ?
      Is there any form to be filled and sent to bangalore address.
      Thanks in anticipation
    • vinay4java
      By vinay4java
      Ealier I had worked(2006-2007) in a company located in Pune and having head office in Ahmdabad (Guj).They have filed our IT returns in Ahmdabad and there is around Rs. 10000 refund is due on IT.
      Currently I am working in mumbai(2007 -till date). I have filed my IT Refund from Mumbai(in Aug 2007) as the consultant told me that now one can file IT refund from any location.I hv filed for IT refund with attached Form-16,but till date I have not got the same.
      Now I am confused where should I send the RTI and to whom I should Address?
      Can I file the same from mumbai.Can we resister a legal Case against IT department for this Delay?
      Kindly help on this Regard.
      thanks and Regards


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy