News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
shakti_sd

Waiting For RTI Reply For Delay In Passport ...

shakti_sd

Hi

I am a silent spectator of this forum and after facing a 1 year delay in my passport I filed RTI application on 20th July 2009. Now I am waiting for its reply.

Can some experienced person please check if I have done all the things correctly or if there is a miss .

This will help me a lot in further delaying the process.

1) Attached two Rs 5 Postal orders ( as Rs 10 Postal order was not available ) in favour of "Regional Passport Office" , New Delhi along with my application ( see the application details below )

2) Mailed the application via SPEED POST # EH006142112IN. To

Shri V. Mahalingam, RPO

Hudco Trikoot-3

Bhikaji Cama Place

R.K.Puram

New Delhi - 110066

3) Application :

THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT 2005 APPLICATION FOR OBTAINING INFORMATION

Date: 13th July 2009

By speed Post AD

FILE NO.:DLH-Z161916 YEAR: 2008

To,

Sh. V. Mahalingam,

CPIO,

New Delhi 110066

1. Name of the applicant: SHAKTI SIMANTA DALABEHERA

2. Full address [with phone No.]: **********

3. Particulars of information required: as per enclosed list.

4. Details of payment of filing fees:

Indian Postal Order No. __________dated __________for Rs.10/- favouring

“Regional Passport Officer [payable at place of submitting application] is

enclosed.

5. Details of enclosures if any:

Photocopy of application dated ______for issue/renewal of passport.

6. Please rush the information to me by speed/registered post.

Signature of Applicant

List of information requested by Shakti Simanta Dalabehera under RTI ACT 2005. Application dated 22-July-2008 pertaining to his file no. Z161916 and year 2008 for issue/renewal of passport.

1. Daily progress made on my application till date of your reply. Names, designations and office addresses of the officials with whom my application was lying during this period and date wise period with each official and action taken by him/her.

2. Following is the chronology of events :

1. 28 June 08 - Applied for passport from Gurgaon.

2. 12 Dec 08 Passport file dispatched from Gurgaon to Delhi RPO.

3. 16 Feb 09 Checked online and found that, short stay objection was put by Delhi RPO.

4. 18 Feb 09 Applied for re verification at Delhi RPO Room # 7 with all the relevant documents.

5. 04 Apr 09 Second time police verification report cleared from Gurgaon. No short stay objection from Gurgaon police as I am staying at the given address for more than a year.

6. 12 Jun 09 As no progress was made, After visit to RPO New Delhi Room # 7 , Passport was promised for delivery on 15th June ‘09

7. 19 Jun 09 As still no progress was made, After visit to RPO New Delhi Room # 7, Passport was promised for delivery on 29th June ‘09

3. Please let me know why no progress in passport was made in spite of getting clearance from Gurgaon Police second time on 4th April 2009. I am staying at the given address for more than 1 year. This is evident from the second verification done by Gurgaon Police.

4. Please let me know why no progress was made even after visiting Delhi RPO - Room # 7 on 12th June 2009 & 19th June 2009. Wherein the officer himself checked the details online and promised that all issues are resolved and no further documents are required. He also mentioned that now the short stay cleared and passport will be delivered in 1 week time. This false promise was made twice .

5. Please give me names of all the officers who processed my application after getting application from Delhi RPO Room # 7.

6. Please let me know what is the mechanism of communication between the Delhi RPO # 7 officer and the subsequent officers who process the passport ?

As RPO Room # 7 officers gave me clearance twice but the subsequent office failed to process them further.

6. Please let me know who looks into the issues mentioned above wherein a passport is promised by RPO but not delivered on date?

7. What action will be taken against the officers who caused delay in delivery of passport ?

8. Please let me know when I am likely to receive my passport.

Signature of Applicant

• Thanks 1

jps50

It appears OK

• Like 1

shakti_sd

Thanks Mr J.P. SHAH. Appreciate that you took some time to review my application. Lets see what reply comes back.

prbhat_gen

the status of your passport application on the website of MEA is showing something like this -

Station DELHI last updated on 21-07-2009

File Reference Number : XXXXXXX Application Date : XXXXXX

Applicant's Name : SHAKTI Applicant's Date of Birth : XXXXX

Passport will be ready on 02-07-2009 subject to all documents being in order. It will be dispatched by post on 03-07-2009

Less than 1 year stay; pls. send 3 personal particular forms for verification at each other address(es) during last one year and pay applicable penalty.

so accordingly to it you should have received your passport.

• Thanks 1

shakti_sd

I am getting reply like this since past 4 months . Each time I make a visit to the RPO Delhi office they say everything is fine with your application you will receive your passport in 1 week. But nothing happens after that. Just the dates change online . So being helpless I was forced to file an RTI. I can not take off from office everyweek to visit RPO Delhi from Gurgaon. Waiting for a reply of this RTI.

shakti_sd

I also filed a complaint against the delay in passport and false promises made by the Passport officer. But no reply till date. I just received an email that my complain has been forwarded to RPO.

Anybody having any idea in how many days we can expect a reply ?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 11:15 AM

To: DALABEHERA, Shakti simanta, Technology Services India

Subject: Re: RE: Complaint | New Delhi RPO | DLH-Z161916-08

Your reference has been faxed to RPO, Delhi vide PRO/PG/2155/09.

RPO, Delhi has been requested for action in your file at the earliest.

FOR APO (PG)

----- Original Message -----

- Hide quoted text -

Date: Friday, July 24, 2009 8:57 am

Subject: RE: Complaint | New Delhi RPO | DLH-Z161916-08

To: grv.jscpv@mea.gov.in

Cc: XXXXX

Hi,

On 7th July 2009. I got the following reply for my complain. Can you please tell me the status of the given complain ? Is there any reply from RPO , New Delhi to my complain.

Thanks & Regard,

Shakti Dalabehera

From: DALABEHERA, Shakti simanta, Technology Services India

Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:30 PM

To: 'grv.jscpv@mea.gov.in'

Cc: XXXXXX

Subject: RE: Complaint | New Delhi RPO | DLH-Z161916-08

Hi,

On 7th July 2009. I got the following reply for my complain. Can you please tell me the status of the given complain ? Is there any reply from RPO , New Delhi to my complain.

Thanks & Regard,

Shakti Dalabehera

Sent: 07 July 2009 10:02

To: DALABEHERA, Shakti simanta, Technology Services India

Subject: Re: Complaint | New Delhi RPO | DLH-Z161916-08

Your complaint has been taken up for redressal.

for APO (PG)

----- Original Message -----

Date: Monday, July 6, 2009 5:30 pm

Subject: Complaint | New Delhi RPO | DLH-Z161916-08

To: grv.jscpv@mea.gov.in

Cc: (Posting of mail ids is against forum rules-hence deleted)

To

CHIEF PASSPORT OFFICER

Shri R. Swaminathan,

Joint Secretary (CPV) & Chief Passport Officer,

Ministry of External Affairs,

Room No. 20, 1st Floor, Patiala House Annexe, New Delhi-110001

Subject: No progress in passport from 4 months in spite of having all pending items cleared. Applied for passport since 1 year.

File Reference Number: DLH-Z161916-08

Sir,

Can you please look into my passport request, Despite my repeated visits to RPO New Delhi.No progress is done in my application.

Every time I visit I am promised a delivery of next week but nothing happens after that .

Following is the chronology of the events happened in last 1 year .

1. 28 June 08 - Applied for passport from Gurgaon.

2. 12 Dec 08 – Passport file dispatched from Gurgaon with cleared police report to Delhi RPO

3. 16 Feb 09 – Short stay objection was put.

4. 18 Feb 09 – Applied for re verification with all the relevant documents.

5. 04 Apr 09 – Police report cleared second time from Gurgaon

6. 12 Jun 09 –After second visit to RPO New Delhi, Passport was promised for delivery on 15th June ‘09

7. 19 Jun 09 – After third visit to RPO New Delhi, Passport was promised for delivery on 29th June ‘09

Everytime I visit RPO I am told that all my documents are clear and I will get the passport next week or so, but no action is taken by passport office.

I am staying at my current address for more than two years. Which was confirmed by Gurgaon police and I gave all the relevant documents to them also.

I request you sir to kindly look into my application and please do the needful.

Will appreciate your help in expediting this matter.

Thanks & Regards,

Shakti Simanta Dalabehera

File Reference Number: DLH-Z161916-08

shakti_sd

I filed my application on 20th July 2009 ( as shown above ) . So far I haven't yet received any reply from RPO . Wht is the second level of escalation for this ? What is the process for the same ?

karira

1. You will never receive an email from the RPO. Just forget about it.

2. The PIO has 30 days to provide you the information you sought. Add another 5-10 days for postal delays etc.

If you do not get a reply by 25 or 30 August, then this can be considered as "deemed" denial of information.

You then need to file a First Appeal with the First Appellate Authority.

Details are available on the RPO's website.

A general first appeal format for "deemed" denial of information is attached to the following post:http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3363-disregarding-right-information-act.html#post11618

Just modify it to suit your requirements.

The First Appeal needs to be filed within 30 days of receiving the PIO's reply or within 30 days of the date when his reply was expected.

• Like 1

shakti_sd

Thanks Mr Karira for the information. It was really useful. I have one more doubt .. Do i need to pay anything during the second appeal ? I mean Rs 10 postal order needs to be attached this time also ?

karira
Thanks Mr Karira for the information. It was really useful. I have one more doubt .. Do i need to pay anything during the second appeal ? I mean Rs 10 postal order needs to be attached this time also ?

You have to first file a FIRST APPEAL only.

No fee is to be paid for First Appeal to Public Authorities under the Centre.

• Like 1

shakti_sd

I was preparing my "First Appeal" as till now I haven't received reply for my RTI application, which was sent on 20th July 2009. I was going through the passport.gov.in and found the following information at

RTI

Appellate Authority

Sh. A. Manikkam,

Joint Secretary (CPV) & Chief Passport Officer,

Room No. 20, Patiala House,

Ministry of External Affairs, Tilak Marg,

New Delhi -110001

Fax no +91-11-23782821

E-mail : grv.jscpv@mea.gov.in

Central Public Information Officer

Sh. R.N. Kajla,

Under Secretary (CPV-RTI)

RTI Section, CPV Division

Patiala House Annexe,

Tilak Marg, New Delhi-110001

Fax no +91-11-23782821

E-mail : uscpvrti@mea.gov.in

Now I have a few questions around this :

1) Which one of the above two ss this the right person & address to whom I need to address my first appeal RTI application ?

2) My first RTI application was sent via Speed Post to

(EH006142112IN.)

Shri V. Mahalingam, RPO

Hudco Trikoot-3

Bhikaji Cama Place

R.K.Puram

New Delhi - 110066

Was this correct ? I am in doubt because I can see Central Public Information Officer Sh. R.N. Kajla, Patiala House Annexe,

address on their website ?

May be someone who has already filed a First Appeal with New Delhi RPO can help me out with this confusion ?

Thanks & Regards,

Shakti

karira

Your RTI application was sent correctly.

The PIO referred to above is ONLY for the CPV division.

The FAA is the first one - the JS and CPO.

• Like 1

shakti_sd

Hi Everybody,

I would like to thank all people who have started this initiative of RTI India - Complete Online Community Portal for Right to Information. Esp. Mr J.P. SHAH

& Mr Karira for replying to my queries. Today I got my passport as well as reply to my RTI application.

And all this happened within 1 month of filing the RTI application . I was struggling to get my passport since last 1 year. The reason stated by RPO for delay is that, they lost the copy of my police report . Now after getting a scanned copy of the police report they have prepared the passport.

Now there are two things that I am going to do.

1) Spread across the strength of RTI and how rtiindia.org can help us achieve it .

2) Prepare RTI for all my pending "Sarkari" tasks.

Thanks once again to the complete rtiindia.org team.

Cheers,

Shakti Simanta Dalabehera

ambrish.p

Dear Shakti

Congrtats on your succes with RTI

regards

Moved to Section