News Ticker
ganeshmb1988

Income tax refund

Question

ganeshmb1988

how to check the status of income tax refund where the return was filed at Bandra Income Tax Office and the refund is not received for past 3 years

3 answers to this question

sandy77

Hi,

I have been waiting for my IT refund for past 3 years :mad:, even after mentioning my bank details for ECSat the time of filing my returns, no luck. can anyone let me know how do i register a complaint and get the refund from IT department asap (dont want to go through middle man)

thanks,

sandeep

ambrish.p

Dear Sandeep

U can file RTI application to check the status of your refund. Please see: Income tax refund-faq - Big Helpers Community

Please refer to the blog (by Karira Sir): http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/karira/326-rti-application-pending-refund.html for a suggested format & other details.

For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the "All About RTI" links on the homepage & RTI Guide section of the portal.

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

regards

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• nitin907
      By nitin907
      Hi
      I filed my tax return in bangalore A.Y. 2005-06 and 2006-07.
      I am in delhi now and still have not recieved the refunds.
      I have got the address by looking at some sites is it correct ?
      Income Tax Officer
      C.R.BUILDINGS, QUEEN’S ROAD, BANGALORE

Now how should I make an application under RTI and there is a draft to be made of Rs 10/- in what name the draft should be made ?
      Is there any form to be filled and sent to bangalore address.

Thanks in anticipation
      -Nitin
    • vinay4java
      By vinay4java
      Hi,

Ealier I had worked(2006-2007) in a company located in Pune and having head office in Ahmdabad (Guj).They have filed our IT returns in Ahmdabad and there is around Rs. 10000 refund is due on IT.

Currently I am working in mumbai(2007 -till date). I have filed my IT Refund from Mumbai(in Aug 2007) as the consultant told me that now one can file IT refund from any location.I hv filed for IT refund with attached Form-16,but till date I have not got the same.

Now I am confused where should I send the RTI and to whom I should Address?
      Can I file the same from mumbai.Can we resister a legal Case against IT department for this Delay?

Kindly help on this Regard.

thanks and Regards
      vinay
      vinay4java@gmail.com

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy