News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
jayant7k

Obtaining no trace report

Question

jayant7k

What is the process of obtaining No Trace Report for lost things? I had lost my official laptop around 7 months ago and had filed a FIR for the same. After submitting the FIR, the insurance company is asking for a No Trace Report before they release the money.

5 answers to this question

ambrish.p

Dear Jayant

File RTI application with PIO of police dept. & ask for :

a. Action taken report on your complaint.

b.Copies of the rules applicable in these kind of cases/ As per law what is the time limit fixed for closure/final report in such theft cases.

RTI application as per UP RTI Rules 2005 - RTI Guide

You can draft your application by taking help from this blog by JPS Sir: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html

For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the "All About RTI" links on the homepage & RTI Guide section of the portal.

AND

How to make RTI application effective (by JPS Sir) : http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

And also read: How to manage consumer problem - Big Helpers Community

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

regards

jayant7k

I need some help with filing an RTI application. My laptop was stolen and I had filed an FIR on 10.10.08. I have been running to the police station & police chowki for getting information on the FIR and a "no trace report". But the station-in-charge is never available.

Can you help me in

1. Format and content of an RTI application that i should file to get this information.

2. The process of sending the RTI application.

3. The address of the PIO in Ghaziabad Police to whom i should send the application.

Thanks

Jayant

ambrish.p

Dear Jayant

1. Please go through the links provided in post # 2

2. Please see: How to submit a RTI Application - RTI Guide

3. Please see: HOW TO LOCATE A PIO UNDER RTI ACT 2005 - RTI Guide

Please feel free to revert in case of further queries.Our members would be more than happy to help you.

regards

Please do not make multiple threads/posts for the same query

jayant7k

Dear Ambrish,

Thanks for your help.

I can use Welcome to the Indiapost Web Site post offices to post my RTI application.

But i was unable to locate any CPIO for Uttar Pradesh in Central/State Public Information Officer (PIO) — India Development Gateway

Please suggest the CPIO to whom should i address my RTI letter for UP Police.

Also if possible provide samples of RTI letters.

Thanks again

Jayant

ambrish.p

Dear Jayant

1. That is list of PIO s of postal department. U are filing RTI application with UP Police

2. That is State Public Information Officer (SPIO or PIO). UP Police is PA under UP state government.

3. In sample application (2nd link post #2) U can add this point.

a.As per law what is the time limit fixed for closure/final report in such theft cases. Kindly provide me with the certified copies of the same.

4. To,

State Public Information Officer/Jan Soochna Adhikari

O/o DIG / SSP/IG, District XXXXX

replace xxxx as your district

Please go through the links provided in post #2

reagrds