• RTI
    • CIC
    • how to file RTI application
    • Information Officer
    • CPIO/PIO/CIC
    • Others

Question

Hello,

I was wondering what keyword are you going to search when you want to search for RTI Act.

Kindly resond to the poll as well as this thread to give us some hint of better Search Engine Optimization.

Already if you search:

"RTI India' in Google/Yahoo/MSN rtiindia.org will be in 1st position.

If you Search

"RTI India Portal", then also you will find rtiindia.org as the top search results.

However, I have not optimized the site for better Search Engine Optimization for 'Right to Information'

Also with 'Right to Information India', rtiindia.org would land up to 6-7th Position.

if you guys can help me generate the popular keywords, or if you say 'RTI India' is enough key word for search, I would be happy. :)

• Like 4

22 answers to this question

The term RTI is now sufficiently popular to refer to Right To Information, thanks to the publicity given by the media, during the last more than one year. Therefore I feel that RTI India is enough, since our website is already popular under that name with three different search engines.

• Like 1

Thanks Ganpat, I had submitted RTI India to the guruji website. But I guess, the search engine would find us soon with strict codes, disciplined forums and organized layout. :)

I believe RTI is good choice.

What about information and India?

With our sustained efforts and good codes, RTI India has reached on top of google search, taking over even Ministry of Personnel, RTI main government portal and others.

See the search results by clicking here!

As regular members to this portal, we are accustomed to the word RTI. But how many of us remember the search word that we used to land up at this portal for the first time? Frankly at this point of time, I do not recollect whether I used the word RTI or" right to info" or some other word.

I feel it would be better if this question is answered by new members. We can also consider adding a query in the new member registration form to this effect so that they willl be able to provide the correct answer when their memory is still fresh.

Thats a very good suggestion Ganpat,

New Members will be able to throw some more light into the searching pattern used as the search engine directed hits are maximum in our community.

:eek:In my view RTI is becoming the most familiar term. But let us use all available options.

Incidentally, I was wondering if you had read the following report in The New Indian Express on February 12, 2008. Since I do not know where to post it I am posting it here.

____

RTI pleas go unanswered for eight months

Tuesday February 12 2008 00:55 IST

JEEVA, The New Indian Express

CHENNAI: The Chennai Collectorate seems to have landed in the dock for inordinately delaying in providing information sought under the Right To Information (RTI) Act eight months ago.

The RTI law stipulates 30 days time for replying to RTI applications else the official concerned is liable to pay a fine of Rs 250 for every day of delay.

R Natarajan of Raja Annamalaipuram submitted three applications to the Collectorate on June 16, 2007, asking for details about the action taken to remove certain encroachments on Anna Salai, St Mary’s Road and Chamiers Road.

As he did not receive a reply, he moved the State Information Commission against the Collectorate. Natarajan alleged that a portion of government land at the Chamiers Road-Boat Club Road junction has been encroached upon by a dealer of Bharat Petroleum.

And a government land opposite to SIET College on Anna Salai was in the possession of Voltas Limited, he said. The company wrote to the government long ago to take over the land, but the authorities did not take possession of it, the applicant said.

His third application pertains to the non-removal of encroachments by around 20 shops at St Mary’s Road- TTK Road intersection, which made widening of the road there impossible.

Many area residents suspect influential persons are blocking the reply. When contacted, a senior revenue official in the Collectorate claimed that due to their work burden they could not respond to the application but now they have the replies ready.

_____:cool:

Dear Shri prk, Thank you for your views on the Key Words for RTI India.

By the way, all news reports that our members come across are filed by them under " RTI News & Discussions". The New India Express Report which you have mentioned above has been reported by our esteemed member Karira in the thread: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2909-rti-pleas-go-unanswered-eight-months.html

Apart from 'RTI' there's another acronym called RIA. Even 'RTI+RIA' combination returning a search page result with RTIINDIA.ORG at the top.

The terms RIA is used mainly by the Banking PAs taking the cue from RBI.

As far as I recollect I used "RTI India" to land in RTIINDIA.org.

I got it from http://www.google.com/history/lookup?

Siddharth

ok! I am putting the top keyword people searched from google that brought to RTI India in recent times:

1. interesting cases in rti act
  2. income tax refund
  3. hp gas
  4. Right to Information act
  5. passport renewal
  6. provident fund withdrawal
  7. rti act
  8. ration card chennai
  9. right to information
  10. epf balance
  11. income tax refund india
  12. epf hyderabad
  13. cpio income tax department
  14. dopt
  15. registrar of cooperative societies maharashtra pio
  16. income tax refund status
  17. rti in court of cjm
  18. rti in india
  19. right to information india
  20. bank transactions

Interestingly no visitor searched around 'RTI India' :(

Once RTI is entered in the Google Search box with the India button below, the information displayed is expected to be on RTI India. Such a selective search takes away a lot of unwanted links.

I think no further tinkering is needed in search engine optimisation for RTI India.

As such RTIINDIA.ORG is ranked First with the following Major search engines for search terms "RTI India" or RTI India (Without quotes).

Google (#1)

MSN (#1)

Yahoo! (#1)

Altavista (#1)

Lycos (#1)

AOL (#1)

Netscape (#1)

That covers more than 90% of all search engine traffic.

A job very well done by RTIIndia.Org Team.:)

Sidharth

frankly, I beleive that there is no need for further discussion. One thinks of ideas for keyword when it is to begin,not when some word has already become known ,respected, admired brand name : RTI INDIA. let us enjoy it,and strenghened it further.:)

Just checked today on Google at about 1100 Hrs:

rti india 1st position

right to information 20th position (page 2)

right to information india 6th position

right to information act 17th position (page 2)

right to information act india 8th position

rti act 16th position (page 2)

rti act india 4th position

information india NIL

information act NIL

information act india 25th position (page 3)

india information law NIL

RTI India was the site I stumbled upon in Jan 2007 when I was looking for RTI case histories to fight out with an Insurance company,and since then I just click the same from my Favourites and continue.This must be the case with many others too, presumably . RTI India ,these past six months or so,has become synonymous with the word "RIGHT", in its broadest sense, common citizens seeking information on anything to everything - and weighted solutions/ remedies provided by the best in community service ,with open arms ,till feedback is received on success stories;a great reward for the team .

Where is the scope for change?

RTI India stays as it is.

Will it be right ?

"PROMULGATE RTI" or

"EFFECTIVE ACCESS TO INFORMATION"

Right to information

and

right to information india

are giving us a rank of 4 or 5 on Google.

While

RTI

or

RTI India

is giving us a rank of 1 or 2.

RTI act

gives us Nr. 8 on google.

rti act india

gives us Nr. 7 on google.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Contributors

• Popular Now

• Files

• Blog Entries

• Similar Content

• By maneesh
      Central Information Commission allows you to seach the status of your application at their website. You can search your application by following:

Registration No
      Name of Appellant / Complainant
      Name of CPIO/App Authority/Orgn
      Subject

It gives the status of Only Appeal(s), Only Complaint(s), or Both

You can reach to the search section of CIC here

Central Information Commission - Action Status
    • By karira
      In search of a speech draft

New Delhi, Dec 19: Noting that the non-availability of records of drafting of Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee's Independence day speech in 2002 as "most unusual," the Central Information Commission has directed the PMO to make "renewed effort" to trace the documents within 20 days.

"The Indian Prime Minister's office is an institutionalised office, unlike a monarchy or indeed a presidential form of government, which can change with the incumbent," Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) Wajahat Habibullah said in a recent order, that came on a Right to Information plea of Delhi resident R L Kain.

Kain, who said that media was misguided by certain parts of the speech that were "misleading", sought details on drafting of Vajpayee's speech including names of PMO officers who had drafted and approved it.

Responding to Kain's application, PMO said while the speech was drafted by its then Officer on Special Duty (OSD) Sudeendra Kulkarni, no documents relating to preparation and approval of the speech draft was available with it.

It was also stated that Kulkarni had relinquished his charge of OSD after the change of government in May 2004.

"To explain why the record of drafting of the speech of then PM had not been retained in the PMO which was an established practice, since even if the drafting officer concerned had relinquished office, it would be most unusual if draft speeches... Were also to move with the officer so relinquishing office," the commission's order said.

PMO has been directed to make a renewed effort to trace the records of the drafting of Vajpayee's speech. It would also include notes received from various ministries suggesting points for inclusion. The details have to be provided within 20 days. (Agencies)

In search of a speech draft
    • By hareesh123
      I have a permanant driving license but I lost.
      I do not have event its photocopy.
      Do any websites provide search facility to search for driving license
      based on DOB or FULL Name, Address, License type, area registered.

Thanks in advance,
      Hareesh
    • By karira
      Who will be India’s next Central Chief Information Commissioner under RTI ?

After nearly six months of keeping the post of Central CIC’s post vacant and with 203 applicants responding to DoPT’s advertisement for this post, the screening committee is finally meeting on 16th January to decide a name

So, who will be India’s next Central Chief Information Commissioner?

The Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) has invited the search committee members comprising cabinet secretary, Rashtrapati Bhavan (chairman); Additional Principal Secretary to PM; Secretary, DoPT; Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs; Secretary, Dept of Expenditure and Professor Ram Chand, National Centre for Agricultural Economics & Policy. They are scheduled to meet at the cabinet secretariat of Rahtrapati Bhavan on 16th January. On the same day, another meeting to draw a panel for information commissioners will also take place.

The Agenda note for the meeting states that the 203 applications received for the CIC post have been divided into seven categories to facilitate shortlisting of candidate. The Agenda note procured by Moneylife states: “(the) Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) has directed that for the sake of consistency and uniformity in approach, the procedure for selection of information commissioner, which includes amongst other things, advertising the post and short listing by a search committee may be adopted for appointment to the post of Chief Information Commissioner as well. Such short listed panel may then be placed before the selection committee for its consideration.”

“Accordingly, a circular was posted on the website of DoPT inviting applications to the post of Chief Information Commissioner on 24.10.2014. The post was also advertised in three leading newspapers (two in English and one in Hindi) as was done for appointment to the posts of information commissioners. The last date of receipt of applications is 24.11.2014. A total number of 203 applications for the post of Chief Information Commissioner in CIC were received. Applications received after the cut-off date of 24.11.2014 are not being considered.”

“As per Section 12 (5) of the RTI Act 2005, the Chief Information Commissioner and Information Commissioner shall be persons of eminence in public life with wide knowledge and experience in `law, science and technology, social service, management, journalism, mass media or administration and governance.”

“Accordingly, all these 203 applications have been broadly categorized into seven categories of knowledge and experience as mentioned above. Few applications which do not fall within these seven categories have been mentioned as ‘other’ categories. However, for the sake of categorization, only the main field of knowledge and experience, if any, have not been indicated.

Law: 37

Science & Technology: 21

Social Service: 09

Management: 28

Journalism: 03

Mass Media: 05

Administration and Governance: 89

Others: 11

Total: 203

Here is the list of these 203 candidates…(also attached)

252592665-Vinita-List-of-Candidates-for-CIC.pdf

“It is pertinent to mention that in a Review Petition filed by Union of India against Hon’ble Supreme Court judgment dated 13.09.2012 in Namit Sharma case, the Hon’ble Supreme Court vie the judgment dated 03.09.2013, inter-alia, gave the following direction:

1. We direct that only persons of eminence in public life with wide knowledge and experience in the fields mentioned…..be considered for appointment as information commissioner and Chief Information Commissioner.’’

The Search Committee would be seeking reports from Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) of the shortlisted persons and would ask DoPT to obtain reports from Intelligence Bureau (IB).

So, finally it seems the crucial vacancy that had earned ire from activists from across the country is well on its way to be filled up. However, India needs to thank Delhi-based RTI activist Commodore Lokesh Batra (retd) who has been pursuing this issue through RTI applications. Batra says, “Though there is a huge delay in filling up the above posts, I am of the opinion that this time the process of shortlisting is going to be more transparent.’’

[TABLE=width: 700]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD][TABLE=width: 660, align: center]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]Here is the chronology of his efforts as timeline by him:[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]07.09.2014 : Filed RTI in DoPT (No. 1-Attachment)[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]07.10.2014 : CPIO, DoPT sent response and intimated that both the Files are under submission i.e. (i) File No.4/4/2014-IR concerning processing the appointment of Information Commissioners in CIC and (ii) File No.4/7/2014-IR concerning processing of appointment of Chief Information Commissioner" in CIC.[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]29.10.2014, I inspected File No.4/7/2014-IR : concerning appointment of Chief Information Commissioner after it was returned by PMO and collected certified copies of Notings Side from Page NOs 15 to 31 (last page). I also collected relevant 10 pages from Correspondence side.[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]DoPT File No.4/7.2014 : Appointment of Chief Information Commissioner in CIC 2014[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]• PMO after holding the file for over two and half months (from 01.08.2014)..... returned the file to DoPT vide PMO ID dated 17 October 2014. In its note of 17 October 2014, PMO stated that : Quote : "Prime Minister has desired that for the sake of consistency and uniformity in approach, the procedure for selection of Information Commissioners which includes, among other things, advertising the post and short listing by a Search Committee, may be adopted for appointment to the post of Central Information Commissioner as well. Such short-listed panel may then be placed before the Selection Committee for its consideration."Unquote[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]12 June 2014 : DoPT sought clarification from Lok Sabha Secretariat :
      "xxx whether any leader of opposition in the Lok Sabha has been recognised. If the leader of opposition in the Lok Sabha has not been recognised as such, it is requested to kindly intimate the name of the leader of the single largest group in opposition of Government in the Lok Sabha, for the purpose of selection of Information Commissioners as per the RTI Act."[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]19 June 2014 : Lok Sabha Secretariat responded to DoPT's above clarification and stated : Quote "As on date, there is no Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha. Indian National Congress with a strength of 44 members is, however, the single largest party in opposition to the Government in Lok Sabha. As per information received from the party, Mallikaarjun Kharge is the Leader of Indian National Congress in Lok Sabha" Unquote[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]08 July 2014: DoPT sought the advice of Department of Legal Affairs (DOLA) as to whether the Leader of single largest party in opposition can be considered as Leader of the single largest group in opposition, in Lok Sabha, for the sake of section 12(3) of RTI Act.[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]15 July 2014: Pending Clarification from DOLA..... DoPT submitted file with brief to PMO for kind consideration of Hon'ble Prime Minister on 'Appointment of Chief Information Commissioner' in Central Information Commission for :-
      (i) Nomination of a Union Cabinet Minister for the Selection Committee u/s of the RTI act.
      (ii) A convenient date for holding of the meeting of the Selection Committee.[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]21 July 2014: V. Sheshadri, Director, PMO in its note to Secretary, DoPT conveyed that the Prime Minister has nominated Arun Jaitley, Union Minister of Finance, Corporate Affairs and Defence, as the Member of the Selection Committee under of Section 12(3) of the RTI Act. The PMO note goes on to say "The undersigned is directed to convey that the matter shall be resubmitted for a decision on date of meeting of Selection Committee, after the issue raised in para 6 of the aforesaid note is decided."[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]17 July 2014: DOPT received clarification from DOLA. DOLA confirmed on DoPT query in affirmative with a rider that "We, however, clarify that this answer is only for the limited purpose of the RTI Act [explanation below section 12(3)] and not for any other purpose"[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]31 July 2014: File was again submitted to PMO. In this note name of Mallikarjun Kharge, the Leader of Indian National Congress in Lok Sabha was included as Member of the Selection Committee and Arun Jaitley, Union Minister of Finance, Corporate Affairs and Defence as Member of the Selection Committee.[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]17 October 2014: PMO after holding the file for over two and half months (from 01.08.2014)..... returned the file to DoPT vide PMO ID dated 17 October 2014[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]24 October 2014 : DoPT uploaded a circular on the website of DoPT advertising post of Chief Information Commissioner and later also advertised in English and Hindi Newspapers[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD][/TD]
      [/TR]
      [/TABLE]

• By kanhoo
      i want to know about the owner of the mobile no- +91XXXXXXXXXXX..though the person provide me stock market tips
    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      02/21/2018 03:26 AM

Newest Member
    Muhammed Shinas
    Joined 04/24/2018 04:28 AM

Our Moderators

karira karira Super Moderator
ganpat1956 ganpat1956 Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O RAVEENA_O Super Moderator
ambrish.p ambrish.p Moderators
Sunil Ahya Sunil Ahya Moderators
jps50 jps50 Moderators

About Us

RTI INDIA established in the year 2006, attracts a broad audience of citizens, experts, professionals and Government Officers interested in the latest development in the field of Right to Information. We also boast an active community focused on helping citizens to File RTI, First Appeal and Second Appeals. Our download section contains many sample RTI forms for everybody to use.

Social Links

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy