News Ticker
ssravjee

IT refund cheque expired, need to understand the process to get a new cheque.

Question

ssravjee

Anyone encountered a similar :mad: problem of forgetting :confused: to encash the IT refund cheque and hence the cheque expired by the time it reached the bank?

Help me and many like me to get a handle to the information below, would be highly appreciated.

1. Process to get a new cheque of my IT return refund.

2. Place of filing IT the return Pune.

3. IT cheque expired on 18th Aug 2009

Any other related information passed on this thread would be grand as well!!!

Thanks :) in advance and hope to get useful information that would work, of course.

to encash on hard earned money that came back from I.T body?

7 answers to this question

jps50

U send back the cheque [with copy of assessment order received with the cheque] by speed post to the officer who sent it to you, mostly he is your Assessing Officer of your IT ward, with a request to revalidate the same. He will revalidate it and send the same to U. Pl retain photocopy of cheque.

In case U do not get action or reply from income tax dept in a month, pl file RTI application with the CPIO [who is your assessing officer of IT ward] by referring:

Central Govt appln:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/19-rti-application-central-govt-info.html

Effective:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

Pending:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html

ssravjee

Thanks for the useful informationa and the process.

Unfortunately I have not retained a photo-copy of my cheque and the cheque was deposited in an expired state, I believe it was put in the drop box of an ATM, fortunately I have the check no. and the amount. Would that information be sufficient?

Please advise.

Thanks once again.

~

prish

Hi , I received my IT return cheque at my Mumbai address which was dated 18th Dec 2010. I lost my cheque and fortunately got that back on 17th March 2011 and immediately rushed to the bank to deposit it , because that cheque was valid only 90 days from the date of issue.But the bank (State Bank of India) called me up and told me it was not accepted and I have to take it back.

My question is , how can I request for a new cheque now ?

samir_260509

Hi Prish,

Better if you go in for ECS system by giving the required details in the IT returns form. I got my refund directly into my account. The IT department is very understanding and tries to help you correctly if you give the right information.

Regards,

Samir

prish

Ye..actually I din have d MICR number handy while filling the return from a cyber cafe , as internet was down all over that place..so jus gave d address for the cheque to be sent..now what should I do to get a duplicate cheque issued, any idea ??

ambrish.p
Hi , I received my IT return cheque at my Mumbai address which was dated 18th Dec 2010. I lost my cheque and fortunately got that back on 17th March 2011 and immediately rushed to the bank to deposit it , because that cheque was valid only 90 days from the date of issue.But the bank (State Bank of India) called me up and told me it was not accepted and I have to take it back.

My question is , how can I request for a new cheque now ?

Dear Member

Please refer post # 2 (no of post is mentioned on top right of every post).

regards

prish

Thanks alot .. That was useful information...