- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
We did it!! with the help of RTI, we have been able to get the photocopies of the entire documentation exchanged between our builder and the BMC. Till now we felt at the mercy of the builder and BMC ofcourse was a law unto itself - not now. we feel so much more empowered. Earlier applications for the same documents to the BMC in the past years drew a blank, but on the 2nd of April, exactly 2 mths to the date of application under RTI, 2005, we got what we wanted. May the Act live well and long into the future of our country. And all of you too!
5 women receive pension by simply attempting to file RTI's
Ramkaran works with NGO in Tilona. He assisted 5 women in attempting to submit their Right to Information applications. The applications asked for information on their pending cases of old age pensions. As soon as 5 applications presented to the SDM, he directed the concerned officer to bring the filed related to five women to his office. The concerned officer stated that the applications were pending that the women had not submitted their birth certificates. The SDM instructed the officer to release their pensions & verify the birth dates from the patwari. the women was immediately given pension for the last 4 months. This entire incident took place without SDM accepting the RTI application.