News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
nitin907

Income tax refund Bangalore

Question

nitin907

Hi

I filed my tax return in bangalore A.Y. 2005-06 and 2006-07.

I am in delhi now and still have not recieved the refunds.

I have got the address by looking at some sites is it correct ?

Income Tax Officer

C.R.BUILDINGS, QUEEN’S ROAD, BANGALORE

Now how should I make an application under RTI and there is a draft to be made of Rs 10/- in what name the draft should be made ?

Is there any form to be filled and sent to bangalore address.

Thanks in anticipation

-Nitin

17 answers to this question

nitin907

Thanks

But there is no address for Bangalore.

I just want to know by which name the draft should be made and the address i mentioned is correct?

karira

nitin907,

Please go through some of the threads with the tag "income tax refund":

income tax refund Threads - Forum Tags by RTI India

There are many posts about locating your PIO, how to make a RTI application, how much to pay, etc... (just be careful, some pages on the IT website open with IE only).

nitin907

I need to know in which name I should make the demand draft of Rs 10/- and how to write the application for RTI?

yesterday I made call to Income tax office at queens road bangalore and they told me to send a letter to following address with return xerox copies.

Income tax officer (G.C.)

C R Building

Queens Road

bangalore

I will wait for 4-5 weeks and if I dont get the refund then I want to follow RTI procedure.

-nitin

wagh7

nitin ji,

You get Rs.10/- Indian Postal order and keep it blank on payees name, keep a xerox copy of it. In your RTI application make a note that "IPO enclosed and payee name kept blank as it is not known to who's name it should be marked".

APPLICATION FORM UNDER RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT 2005

Date of Receipt

Application ID

File Number

For Office Use only

To,

Central Public Information Officer,

PIN: _______________________

Subject: Request for Information under Right to Information Act 2005.

Sir,

I Shri/Smt/Ms. __________________________________________________________

Son/Daughter/wife of Shri/Smt/Ms. __________________________________________

resident of ______________________________________________________________,

telephone number (with STD Code) ____- _____________________ and/or mobile

number: ______________________________ wish to seek information as under:

I hereby inform that following formalities have been completed by me:

1. That I have deposited the requisite fees of Rs. _____/- by way of Cash / banker

cheque / Draft / Postal Order/ others ___________________ ) favoring

__________________________________ dated ________________.

2. I need the photocopy of the documents and I had deposited the cost of the

photocopy of Rs. ____/- for _____ (Number of Pages)

or

3. I had deposited sum of Rs. _____/- for the charges of CD. (strike out which ever

is not applicable)

4. That I belong to Category of Below Poverty Line (BPL): Yes / No

(Strike whichever is not applicable). If yes, I am attaching the valid photocopy of

the certificate. Yes / No

5. That I am ‘Citizen’ of India and I am asking the information as ‘Citizen’.

6. I assure that I shall not allow/ cause to use/ pass/share/display/ or circulate the

information received in any case and under any circumstances, with any person or

in any manner which would be detrimental to the Unity and Sovereignty or

against the Interest of India.

Signature of the Applicant

Dated:

for further information visit the following thread:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2103-post3.html

prasadpb1975

Hi Nitin

I am having the same problem as you

I had filed my income tax returns in 2004-2005, 2005-2006 in bangalore where I was supposed to get some refund. I had also provided my Bank account number so that the refund is directly credited to my account.But till date I have not got my refund.

I was working in Mumbai till 2002 and had my PAN card issued from Mumbai. so My PAN CARD address is that of Mumbai but currently i am working in bangalore permanently.

So curious to know whether you go your refund or not?

regards

Prasad

karira

prasad,

Your Income Tax Officer of your WARD/Circle or Assessing Officer is the PIO.

This is the same ward/circle where you filed your IT returns in Bangalore for 04-05 and 05-06.

You can file your RTI Application to check your refund status with that particular ITO.

Application fee for Rs 10/- can be paid by Indian Postal Order (IPO) available at any Post Office. Just leave the "pay to" line blank, cross the IPO and sedn it with your application to the PIO with the comment:

"Enclosed is a IPO for Rs 10.00 , IPO Nr......dtd.........issued by PO:.................. towards application fee for this RTI Application. Kindly fill in the "Pay to" field at your end since I cannot find any information on your website as to in who's name should this be".

Please also read these threads:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/tags/income-tax-refund/

nitin907

Mr. Prasad

I sent a letter to following address

Income Tax Officer (GC)

C.R. Building

Queens Road

Bangalore

and then followed it through phone

They said that they have already transferred the amount in my bank accounts for both years

I checked and found that for one year it is credited but not for second one.

So again I have sent a letter and i think they will give me satisfactory reply again.

-nitin

prasadpb1975

Hi Nitin

Thanks for your information

I will also try the same and see whether I will get the refund or not

Thanks again

regards

Prasad

sanjayp

Hi Prasad,

I tried this link but im not getting the proper answer. It mentions No refund information is available for this PAN and Assessment Year. If this refund has been sent by your Assessing Officer within the last week, you may wait for a week and again check status. But i've not received any refunds yet for successive 2 financial years.

Please let me know how will i get my refunds.

Awating your response.

Hi nitin,

The address mentioned for bangalore is common for all?

Can i send the query to same address?

Awating your response

jps50

Pl visit http://www.rtiindia.org/guide/how-to-use-your-right-to-information-4/how-to-locate-a-pio-under-rti-act-2005-27/ and http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/53-how-file-rti-application-delay-income-tax-refund.html. Assessing Officer of your IT ward where U submited ITR is the CPIO of your ward. Hence file RTI appln with him. Even if you file with any other CPIO of IT dept in India, he will send it to correct CPIO in 5 days of receipt by him, by refering to enclosures to rti appln.

prakash_bv

Thanks to the forum on educating about RTI. I followed the procedure and filed a RTI to know about by 2007-2008 IT Refund and got response from the Assessing officer IT department that it is still in process and asked to wait till 31-Mar-2009. If not received they had given another person to be contacted. Is this usual or its just an eyewash for the sake of providing information on filing RTI?

If I dont receive till Mar31st should I file new RTI or go ahead and file first appeal

karira

Was it FY 2007-08 or AY 2007-08 ?

If FY 2007-08, i think March 2009 is deadline. The Citizens Charter of the IT department says that the deadline is 9 months after filing your IT returns.

In any case, the PIO has to provide you information. Did he provide you the information you asked for in your RTI application ? If no OR if you are not satisfied, please file First appeal.

prakash_bv

It was for AY 2007-2008. I downloaded the RTI information form downloaded from this forum which has some 8 questions for requesting information and I was simply provided with a single line answer that it will be processed by 31-Mar-09. If not again need to contact assessing officer. As u suggested I shud file the first appeal quoting not satisfied with the reply . Thanks for your response

hbrreddy

Pl. prefer an application before The Income Tax Officer(GC),

O/o Chief Commissioner of Income Tax,

Queens Road, Bangalore-1, in the following format

1. Name

2. Address

3. Phone Number

4. Assessment Year

5. Date of filing of petitions / letters

6. Office where filed

7. PAN

8. Subject

9. Comments

BANGALORE

Hi

I filed my tax return in bangalore A.Y. 2005-06 and 2006-07.

I am in delhi now and still have not recieved the refunds.

I have got the address by looking at some sites is it correct ?

Income Tax Officer

C.R.BUILDINGS, QUEEN’S ROAD, BANGALORE

Now how should I make an application under RTI and there is a draft to be made of Rs 10/- in what name the draft should be made ?

Is there any form to be filled and sent to bangalore address.

Thanks in anticipation

-Nitin