News Ticker
Shrawan

Kiran Bedi as CIC

Is the movement by Anna Hazare, Aamir Khan to bring Kiran Bedi as CIC justified?  

1,431 members have voted

1. 1. Is the movement by Anna Hazare, Aamir Khan to bring Kiran Bedi as CIC justified?

• Yes
    • No

TTTara

"East or West" Kiran Bedi is right choice for CIC, because She has all administrative acuemen and her attidues towards the people- specially the woman and weaker section is comendable..

avaas

I fully endorse the view that Mrs Kiran Bedi is the person who is fit for this post .I fthere were choices then comparison can be made but only with similar calibers and attitude. She has on numerous count proven her mantle. I fully support her candidature.

• Like 1

harshul

She is doing a great job in terms of making people aware about the Indian Laws, & she will definitely prove herself as a right choice for the post of CIC

• Like 1

ganpat1956
Other names tipped for consideration included Civil Aviation Secretary M Madhavan Nambiar, AN Tiwari, noted environmentalist Dr Shekhar Singh, IGP Kiran Bedi and Oscar nominated actor Amir Khan.

The new name that has cropped up recently in the above list is that of Gita Verma

• Like 1

karira
The new name that has cropped up recently in the above list is that of Gita Verma

Is it Gita Dewan Verma ?

ganpat1956

Karira, frankly I could not search beyond this, though I am also having the same hunch. Please see if you can correlate the profile of Gita Dewan Verma with para 1 of Kushal's post # 74.

Dr. M. Faiyazuddin

It is a common knowledge that Kiran Bedi had to resign her job because politicians have no regard for honest officers. Therefore, the chances to appoint her as CIC is bleak.

prakashrai555

im i right

:)

kkso

I am very happy to read your strong recommadation for Kiran Bedi as CIC. She can take India to right Path.

with best wishes

k.k.saraf

prbhat_gen

i think this thread should be closed now ??

• Like 2

karira
i think this thread should be closed now ??

Selection is not yet over.

saroj

I support Kiran Bedi for her boldness in performing her duties in in accordance with the Law of the land.

prbhat_gen
Selection is not yet over.

"Announcement is not yet over"

rajub
"Announcement is not yet over"

Do you know who is selected?:cool:

pooorabyoura

Nothing against Ms. Bedi. But I oppose the proposal on grounds of principle. "Public clamour" should not be used as a basis for such appointments.

Besides, such clamour demeans the RTI Act itself, suggesting that it is open to manipulations by vested interests acting through the CIC. Don't we have faith in the act?

Regards

Mumbai Civic

• Like 1

colnrkurup

Mr.WH having withdrawn his resignation, it is futile to continue this discussion. However, I could not observe any of the qualities required for our Utopian CIC. in Ms Kiran Bedi. For Eg

1. Will she take side with cityzens of India when the issue displease the Kings ?

2. Can she sustain the political pressure ?

3. At crisis will she fight for the right or run away ? (She has already answered this. She will resign viz., run away) . Etc., etc., etc..,

The list is too long. To my mind she will not fulfill our requirement.

• Like 2

karira
Mr.WH having withdrawn his resignation, it is futile to continue this discussion.

Are you sure that it is not another red herring in a long saga ?

tvravindran

Though Kiran Bedi is an ex Babu, one need not worry that she may show babuism when appointed as chief cic. She has prooved her ability as an IPS officer. Of course, we have Mr.Shailesh Gandhi too - the most experienced in the RTI activities and of course from the non babudom.

pooorabyoura

Why does this thread come up in "New Posts" searches even though no new posts had been added in the intervening period?

Is it because of members voting at the poll without making a post?

ganpat1956
Why does this thread come up in "New Posts" searches even though no new posts had been added in the intervening period?

Is it because of members voting at the poll without making a post?

Yes. You have guessed it correctly.

Dr.Harimohan Goel

Freinds

Kiran Bedi has proved her ability nd effeciency at many palces. I am also in favour, if she holds the charge of CIC. This will be a good reward for her and for them who are interested in RTI.

Dr.Harimohan Goel

mannuforall

She is the best and fitted in this role perfectly.

rajshekhar.banerjee

An IPS officer to the core, notwithstanding her persona.

The knowledge of bureaucracy can be a massive handicap - despite what others believe.

A panel of eminent persons is better and one of them must head the CIC.

Anna Hazare may have a clue what 'core' babudom is all about, but Aamir Khan !!

brahul_2371

I game for this proposal. Our system requires people who are bold, firm and honest.

Rahul

jagdish_gai

Though Mrs Kiran Bedi, had toiled while with her stint with the Jail administration & Police dept.at Delhi & had been successful in reforming the Jails & police force, she lacks the experience of dealing with variety of other subjects which need to be dealt with while discharging and adjudicating matters of complex issues, as a CIC. Even she is not fully qualified for appointment under the RTI act. Hence we must not exert any pressure on the selection authority for her appointment.