News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
treetree

Patta for land

treetree

Hi,

I was made to run around by the taluk office for getting the patta for my land. I will be filing a RTI application tomorrow 12th Apr 2008 and send it to the Chengelpet Taluk office.

When I went there on 9th Apr to file it in person, I was promised by the sub-tahsildhar that the matter would be looked into and so I did not file the application as I decided to give them time. However, when I went there yesterday on 10th Apr, the sub-tahsildhar shot back at me that I should wait. I made the mistake of taking the sub-tahsildhar's word but I am planning to rectify that by sending the application through postal order.

Please let me know the procedure for postal order.

Rgds,

treetree

• Like 1

madhumita

As you had posted your query at the wrong place, you might not get any response. You should have posted it at Ask for RTI Query forum :)

treetree

I have now understood that postal order is issued by any post office. I will keep you posted on the developments or none thereof from the tahsildhar's office.

karira

treetree,

Welcome to RTI india.

This section is only for introductions.

Can you please post your query in the appropriate section so that you can get better responses from other members.

ganpat1956

Moved to "Ask for RTI Query"

treetree

I applied RTI formally on 12th Apr and got a letter from the surveyor as well as the Chengelpet tahsildhar. Basically the tahsildhar had instructed the surveyor to take up my matter with utmost urgency. I received the letter on 15th Apr and was asked to see the Surveyor on 16th Apr at 11 AM at the VAO office at Sengundram Village. However, I was able to see the surveyor only in the afternoon as I had an already planned urgent personal work on the morning of 16th Apr. The surveyor had waited for me at the VAO office all morning and then went back to his office at Kattankulathur. He cribbed that he had wasted all morning but agreed to survey my land in the afternoon. Then we went to survey my land and after the survey, he mentioned that due to survey of house sites, he was not able to attend to my patta application and that there were other pending patta applications. I guess mine got priority only because of the RTI application and I now realise its true power. I haven't yet received my patta as he mentioned that I had not submitted the history documents alongwith my patta application, which is not true. In fact, it is mentioned clearly in my patta application that I have attached a copy of the history document and layout of the plot. So I now have to go see the Head surveyor at Chengelpet taluk office to submit the history docs again. He also mentioned that he was going to issue one patta for both of my adjacent plots. Please could someone let me know if I can sell my plots (which are adjacent to each other) separately even if there is only one patta for both the plots.

karira

treetree,

That is indeed a very fast response from the PIO.

Once the whole process is over and you have the patta in your hands, can you please post your "success story" in this section:

RTI Community Lounge - Success Stories at rtiindia.org

Members and Guests reading your success story will be encouraged to also use RTI for their everyday problems with Government Offices.

Please also spread the word about your RTI success to your family, neighbours, friends, relatives, colleagues, etc...so as to encourage them to use RTI in their everyday lives.

treetree

Today I went and submitted my history documents. I made sure that the documents were strung together with my patta application. I was made to wait by the surveyor and I sense that he has developed an animosity towards me. Perhaps he would delay my patta as long as possible but I am not going to relent. I am going to send a letter to the PIO of the taluk that I had gone today and submitted by documents as further proof. I'll next chase the surveyor for update only next month. will keep you posted.

ganpat1956

Dear treetree,

Kindly post us the full details of your RTI application--to whom it was addressed and what were the details of information sought. Also inform us, the contents of the letter that you received from the surveyor and also the tashildar. I find certain missing links in your narration.

Besides, there is no need for you to chase the surveyor next month. Since you have already taken the RTI route, complete the full course of that route(if it becomes necessary) by taking it to its logical conclusion.

treetree

I have attached my RTI application as a word document. Please let me know what is missing. I have to chase the surveyor as that is the only way to know if any progress is being made. If no progress is being made, then I will file another RTI to understand the status of my application.

Copy of RTI application - patta.doc

• Like 3

treetree

On 28th Apr, the deputy tahsildhar called me up to understand the status of my RTI application. I told him that the survey had been done but was not told about the next steps. He called over the surveyor and told him to give me the status. The surveyor told me that it is in process and that he would call me up when the patta is ready (though I doubt this would happen). I might have to follow up again on the patta later in May.

treetree

I have got my patta without giving a single paisa in bribe

ganpat1956

Congratulations! Your faith in the RTI route and the patience you have shown have won. I am shifting this thread to success stories

I suggest that you narrate the entire story and post it as a separate blog so that it will help a lot of members and visitors.

poonam agarwal

:)congratulations:)

nile0611

Great,

I have got my patta without giving a single paisa in bribe

You got your patta, but I think u have not got the reply of your RTI application, We should even insist on the reply of our application, as through that only we will able to fix accountability.

skk73

Yesterday, I submitted my patta application at Thiruvallur. They asked me to come after 15 days to meet the Surveyor. It is said he may ask more than Rs. 1,000/- as bribe. Previous person will ask Rs. 1,000/-. But the new person taken charge is asking more than 1,500/-. Let us wait and see the result.

If any one knows, please let me know what is the real procedure invovled in the patta formalities.

jerry kumar

i applied for patta in may this year and up to now they are saying that it is awaiting thasildar signature and every thing else is ready, can it take so long ,can someone tell me what to do,it comes under sriperamabathur, i am new to rti so please guide me.as i am living abroad i am followingup with my relative.

ganpat1956

Please go through all the posts in this thread carefully. If you want to use RTI, you can make use of the attachment to post #10 here, as a model format of application.

MOHAN KUMAR.M
Hi,

I was made to run around by the taluk office for getting the patta for my land. I will be filing a RTI application tomorrow 12th Apr 2008 and send it to the Chengelpet Taluk office.

When I went there on 9th Apr to file it in person, I was promised by the sub-tahsildhar that the matter would be looked into and so I did not file the application as I decided to give them time. However, when I went there yesterday on 10th Apr, the sub-tahsildhar shot back at me that I should wait. I made the mistake of taking the sub-tahsildhar's word but I am planning to rectify that by sending the application through postal order.

Please let me know the procedure for postal order.

Rgds,

treetree

pl call XXXXXXX

balamurugan.ramaiah

thanks for info