News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
mahipal_rawat

IT Refund Amount

Question

mahipal_rawat

Hi All,

I haven’t got my IT refund amount of Rs. 30000+ for AY year 2008-09 (FY 2007-08) till date as I had filled IT return form on time. The problem is that my PAN card is issued from Ghaziabad (UP) and I filled return from Delhi. So till now I haven’t got my refund amount. Also I saw one post that for PAN migration the office were you have filled IT return will automatically ask concern PAN office to migrate PAN card. Also in that post it’s mentioned that file RTI to both the offices. Could you please let me know what I need to do and also now a days I am out of India, so in that case how can I file RTI? If not can anyone on behalf of me file it?

Thanks,

Mahipal Rawat

17 answers to this question

jps50

Pl refer:

IT Refund:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...ng-refund.html

IT Refund:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/53-how-file-rti-application-delay-income-tax-refund.html

U can mail application duly signed to your friend/relative in India, who should attach postal order of Rs.10/- as stated in above links and mail to CPIO.

surenderpsk

How I can get my income tax refund from income tax department of Pune?

maschender

Hi,

I have not yet received income tax refund for assesment year 2008-09.

Whenever I call my Charted Accountant, who filed my application, he simply says that it is under processing.

But, when I have checked online, it says the refund cheque has been despatched on 1st Dec, 2009 which I have not yet received. I have called the authorities concerned many times up but nobody could trace where my cheque is.

Thats why, I am planning to file an RTI application. When I went through the RTI Site, I got the following information, thanks to all the active members.

1. Sample RTI Application form in this regard.

2. Address of the CPIO to whom I need to pay the amount

But, I have some more questions in this regard:

1. I filed my returns when I was working in Pune and currently I am working in Hyderabad. So, which address need I mention in the application? My PAN Card has the permanent address. So, is it advisable to mention the permanent address?

2. How to send the application form? Through online or by speed-post? How do I get the acknowledgement?

Thanking you in advance,

Maschender

karira

1. I filed my returns when I was working in Pune and currently I am working in Hyderabad. So, which address need I mention in the application? My PAN Card has the permanent address. So, is it advisable to mention the permanent address?

2. How to send the application form? Through online or by speed-post? How do I get the acknowledgement?

The RTI Application has to be filed with the PIO (Assessing officer) of the Wrad where you filed the IT return in which you claimed refund.

The address you mention on the RTI application is your present address for communication purposes only.

For how to submit application, please read: How to submit RTI Application

tNagaraj

Hi ,

I have applied for IT refund for the financial year 2007-2008 in Chennai through an auditor, but I have given the refund to be sent to my Hyderabad (home town) address. After few days I was returned the IT filing sheet from the auditor, saying since you have given your homwtown address for refund, you need to submit the IT refund form in Hyderabad. Based on that, I have done the submission in AAYAKAR Bhavan , Hyderabad, which they have accepted.

After 2 months , when my dad went to AAYAKAR Bhavan, Hyderabad to know the status of the application, he was told you have filed the refund twice, so you will be sent a notice for filing it twice in two locations, Chennai and Hyderabad.

Neither myself or my father was not aware of the process, nor aware that we are filing twice. We had thought we are filing in Hyderabad, as told to us by the auditor that since the refund address was given as Hyderabad, we need to file it in Hyderabad only. This was sheer ignorance from both of us.

I kindly request your help on what should be done from my side, as my parents, especially my father is awestuck and tensed when he was told that we would be sent a notice for the thing which we are not even aware of and which we did not do intentionally.

Kindly help me with the mail id of the Income tax department which can address to such queries.

Thanks and Regards,

Nagaraj T

karira

Nagaraj,

Just file a RTI Application to the returning officer in Hyderabad - the one to whom you filed your IT Return as per the blog link given in post # 4 above.

maschender
The RTI Application has to be filed with the PIO (Assessing officer) of the Wrad where you filed the IT return in which you claimed refund.

The address you mention on the RTI application is your present address for communication purposes only.

For how to submit application, please read: How to submit RTI Application

Hi Karia,

Thanks for your reply. Still I have one query regarding the PIO name and address. I could not find the name of the officer. So, is it OK if I mention like this under 'To:'

The CPIO under the RTI Act 2005

Income Tax Officer,

Income Tax Ward/Circle No 7(4),

Praptikar Sadan,

60/61 Erandwana, Karve Road,

Pune - 411004

Please advise me in this regard.

Best Regards,

Maschender

karira

Maschender,

Yes you can do that - provided that was the ITO to whom you filed the IT return in which you claimed refund.

deepanjan_nandy

hello ,

I got information from newspaper, i want the tax refund. So, please give details of proceedings.

ak7mishra

Dear Sir,

Sir,after many times want to know our tax refund status through NSDL website & Income Tax website but till date so,please guide me to which procedures will find my income tax refund status.

Thanks & Regards

Arvind Kumar Mishra

Kol Dam

Bilaspur

Himachal Pradesh

Pin-174013

Mobile No.-(Posting of mob. no. is against RTI India - Forum Rules - hence deleted)

ambrish.p

Dear Mr. Mishra

Please see post # 12 (above)

regards

vramesh77

Hi Friends,

pls guide me to get my panding it refunds of assessment year 2005-06 n 2007-08////ramesh

ambrish.p

Dear V.Ramesh

Please see post # 12 (above)

regards

sumedhasumeet

I'd like to check for my IT Refund which is not received for past 1.5 yrs - How n whom to ask:confused: