- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
As reported by PTI in timesofindia.indiatimes.com on 24 July 2010:
Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee comes under RTI :HC - Delhi - City - The Times of India
Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee comes under RTI :HC
NEW DELHI: The Delhi high court has held that Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee (DSGMC) is a public authority making it mandatory to reveal information under the RTI Act.
Justice S Muralidhar dismissed the plea of the committee for not bringing it within the ambit of the transparency law.
The committee had approached the court after the Central Information Commission had directed it to reveal information sought under the RTI Act and set up the necessary infrastructure for the purpose.
"This court concurs with the view expressed by the CIC that DSGMC is a public authority under Section 2(h) of the RTI Act,'' justice Muralidhar said.
The committee contended that it should not be directed to comply with the provisions of RTI Act as it did not get any finance from government.
Rejecting its contention, justice Muralidhar said the public authority under Section 2(h) (a) to (d) need not be necessarily, directly or indirectly, substantially financed by funds provided by the appropriate government.