CineElite

Cheated by lawyer (?) How to obtain case papers from court?

Question

CineElite

My friend's younger brother and his friends had been arrested three months ago and all have been booked under section 420 & 468.

There was this cheating mentioned by police of Rs Three Lakhs. The police arrested them all and recovered the whole amount at the time of arrest.

Till date, my lawyer has not shown me a single legal paper regarding the case despite my repeated requests. They have been granted bail, but asked to deposit title deed as security.

My questions are..

1. How can I obtain complete case papers from the court?

2. Under what conditions can the court ask property title deeds to be deposited as security? Even after the cheated money is recovered?

I fear the incharge officer with the help of my appointed lawyer have not disclosed it to court about the recovery of money. I am in a different state (not Maharashtra).. The language is different here..

Please please help..

1 answer to this question

mahir

APPLY UNDER RTI ACT TO THE POLICE DEPTT. FOR A COPY OF THE F.I.R.,AND A COPY OF CHARGE SHEET FILED BY THE POLICE AT THE COURT.

COURT HAS GIVEN BAIL AGAINST SEC.420 CHEATING AND 468 IPC FORGERY FOR PURPOSE OF CHEATING, BOTH OF THESE SECTIONS ARE COGNIZABLE NON BAILABLE OFFENCES,HENCE TO ENSURE SECURITY AGAIST THEIR REMAINING OUT OF JAIL DURING PENDECY OF CASE. YOU CAN ALSO GIVE AN APPLICATION (NOT AN RTI ONE) TO THE COURT WITH PRESCRIBED NOMINAL COURT FEES TO GET ATTESTED COPIES OF THE CHARGE SHEET AGAINST YOUR BROTHER AND HIS FRIEND.

iF YOUR LAWYER IS NOT CO OPERATING WITH YOU YOU CAN ENGAGE SOME OTHER LAWYER