lohitl

how I could get my name in voters list

Question

lohitl

It is really sad that we see Media saying the percentage of voter's who turned out for polling this time. However does media try to find out if that list is 100% Correct. Also I have tried writing emails to EC to understand how I could get my name in voters list. Government of India has given me Indian Passport, they want me to pay taxes on time (they give me PAN no and the government will come behind if u dont pay taxes), however I dont have the right to vote and make a difference the governance policies in my own country. It is the biggest irony of Democracy.

If you can guide me so that i can atleast make a difference during next election it will be helpful.

Lohit

3 answers to this question

opsharma

Lohit,welcome to RTIIndia community. Since this site is exclusively for RTI related matters,please post your query at our sister site : www.bighelpers.org

thanks.

known
It is really sad that we see Media saying the percentage of voter's who turned out for polling this time. However does media try to find out if that list is 100% Correct. Also I have tried writing emails to EC to understand how I could get my name in voters list. Government of India has given me Indian Passport, they want me to pay taxes on time (they give me PAN no and the government will come behind if u dont pay taxes), however I dont have the right to vote and make a difference the governance policies in my own country. It is the biggest irony of Democracy.

If you can guide me so that i can atleast make a difference during next election it will be helpful.

Lohit

Visit National Portal of India :: How do I ?

opsharma

Thanks "known", this site is for RTI related matters only, and in order to maintain the said exclusive status, it is imperitive that all other issues be directed to some other equally effective site.