News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
adk876

About Mobile Tower Guidlines

Question

adk876

Dear Sir,

We are living in pune shivajinagar area from last 20 years. Few months back on a commerical building behind my apprement they installed a mobile tower. We are on 3rd floor. I just want to know that what is the procedure to know weather the tower is legal or not and if not then what should we do to remove it. I need to know guidence how shall we proceed?

17 answers to this question

sulakshan goyal

dear,

As far as the legality of the mobile tower is concerned, you can even ask under RTI from the Municipal Corporation of your city or the DC Office about the permission given by them to the Mobile Company.

tanaya thakur

what is the law relating to installation of mobile tower in orissa

jps50

You can file RTI application with SPIO of Municipal Corporation or Collector Office and seek information you need.

yunusp

Hi,

Our builder has installed a mobile tower on our apartment without flat owners permission.

We so many times complaint him about it but he refused to do so.

1) Could any one help me what is the procedure to get the information that how builder has got the permission to install the mobile tower on building?

2) From where i will get this information means from which Govt department or muncipal corporation or any other governing body?

3) Or any one know the complete details please mail me on my mail address: yunus49 at rediffmail.com

4) Can any one help me? Your suggestions are highly appreciated to resolve my problem?

Y I Patil

Pune, MH

ambrish.p

Dear Mr. Patil

Please refer post # 3 & 5. RTI application will be as per: Mahrashtra RTI Rules - RTI Guide

Whil framing your RTI application, do read this useful blog by JPS Sir : http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the All About RTI links on the homepage & RTI Guide section of the portal.

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

regards

dream.pee

Sir/Madam/Friends,

Please help me to frame questions that I can ask to Authorities regarding mobile-tower radiation and cellphone standards on Human,animal,bird health impact on them.

And what action taken by Govt.on above matter.

robin mavi

u can ask them whether radiations effects or not and if no then ask them for reason in support of their answer ??

karira
Sir/Madam/Friends,

Please help me to frame questions that I can ask to Authorities regarding mobile-tower radiation and cellphone standards on Human,animal,bird health impact on them.

And what action taken by Govt.on above matter.

Please read this thread: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/18911-mumbai-municipal-rule-w-r-t-mobile-towers.html

It has a lot of information that you are seeking.

mohd aijaz

In my town BSNL is constructed 3G tower, it is 10 meters away from my house and 5 meters away from Government school. I am not aware about the guidelines about installation of mobile towers in domestic areas. Where can I seek information about this?

ganpat1956

Please go through this thread from the beginning.

chirag.gandhi

Hi,

There is cellular tower constructed right across my bedroom window. It seems that have obtained necessary approvals however what are my rights as I am to exposed to health hazards. How can protect my family from Electro magnetic radiations coming out from this cellular tower. What should be the minimum distance between residential tower and cellular tower. Please advise ASAP. Thanks.

Regards

Chirag Gandhi

dr.s.malhotra

the following published in Mid-day may serve your purpose :

Policy to keep a check on mobile towers, soon

By: Ravikiran Deshmukh Date: 2011-07-31 Place: Mumbai

Following concerns over radiation risk posed by cellphone towers, Urban Development Dept drafts policy that lays down strict norms to be followed by telcos

After a prolonged public debate, the state policy for erecting mobile phone towers is ready and it comes with stringent guidelines. It will be finalised in six weeks by the Urban Development Department of Maharashtra (UDD).

The policy was finalised on July 26 and will be open for suggestions from the public and citizens' groups.

According to the policy guidelines for setting of base stations, cellular sites, and installation of equipment for telecommunication network in the state, no tower will be installed on an unauthorised structure. Existing towers too, will fall under the scrutiny of the UDD.

The policy comes close on the heels of a notice sent by BCJ Hospital and Asha Parekh Research Centre, based in Santacruz to the neighbouring Ratna Deep Cooperative Housing Society (CHS), asking residents to remove the cell towers on its rooftop. (Towering Trouble for Hospital, MiD DAY, July 27, 2011).

The centre's Department of Telecommunications (DoT) had submitted a report to the state health department and the UDD on radiation risks of cellphone towers on July 18, 2011.

What the draft lays down

Such installations will cover towers, single pole antennae, and even microwave antenna, telecom transceiver machinery, wires, cables, power supply equipment such as generator sets, and cabins or cupboards for housing such constructions. Telecom companies will need to apply to the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) through an architect registered with the Council of Architecture before installing such towers.

An agreement copy signed by the property owner, lessee, and occupants of the society will be necessary. A structural safety and stability certificate of the tower from a licensed structural engineer has been made mandatory and design parameters of installation will have to be submitted as well. Along with this, a certificate from the Maharashtra Pollution Control Board, confirming compliance with the noise level and smoke level norms for power-generating sets is another prerequisite.

Telecom operators have also been directed to file fresh structural stability certificates every three years.

Unauthorised and structurally unsafe buildings are not allowed to install cell sites or base stations.

The BMC is required to respond to the application within two months. In the event of no response, the permission will be deemed to have been granted, as per Section 45 of the Maharashtra Regional Town Planning Act, 1966.

Currently antennae and structures are built on terraces by obtaining permissions from the BMC's Building Proposal Department.

Existing sites under the scanner

Existing towers that do not conform to the norms laid down by the policy would be removed within two years. The operation of the mobile tower itself however, shall be discontinued within a day from the receipt of a notice to that effect.

Copies of the policy have been forwarded to Telephone Regulatory Authority Of India (TRAI), Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, and the Tata Memorial Hospital for suggestions.

Concerned with the progressively growing number of such antennae accompanied by the increasing subscriber base of cellphone operators, the DoT had appointed a committee of ministers to look into the issue. At last count, there are around 4,000 cell towers across the city, transmitting radio frequencies round the clock.

Otherwise you may file an RTI Application to PIO , o/o Urban Development Department of Maharashtra for certified copy of the policy if it has come into existence .

chirag.gandhi

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response..you response is quite helpful..to narrate further about my issue... the tower is within range of 6 meters from my bedroom window. Also it seems cellular tower operator has all the legal docs including BMC permission and permission from our society..So in this kind of scenario what is my right as individual..how can stop its functioning since its very close to my window. What action do I take and what should be ideal distance between cellular tower and residential building?..Please advise. Thanks.

Regards

Chirag Gandhi

9x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x

Mobile number posting not permitted

karira

Read the link given in post # 10 above.

arprasad

Dear Sir,

I am a resident of Varanasi city in Uttar Pradesh. Next to my house a TATA DOCOMO mobile tower has been installed with a high-power generator to feed electricity supply which is posing air and noise pollution. We are greatly tortured on this account and this is to add that the said mobile company has installed the tower at rooftop of next-to-door building without seeking the permission of the local authority. Please guide me the way I should move against it and please also help me where to post the the RTI to seek certain vital information from the INDICOM company. Thanking you & with regards...

Anubhuti Ranjan Prasad

Professor, Department of Economics

Banaras hindu University

Varanasi - 221 005

Residential Address:

N-4/55, Rajeev Nagar Colony

Karaundi, P.O. Banaras Hindu University

Varanasi - 221 005

ganpat1956

Prof Prasad, the earlier discussions in this thread will help you to proceed further.