News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
karira

Success at the cost of life

MANOJ B. PATEL

CBI on Monday told the Bombay High Court that it had reopened the case of RTI activist Satish Shetty's murder in Pune in 2010. It said the case would be probed by a new Investigation Officer from Delhi. For more detail go through following link.

CBI to reinvestigate Pune RTI activist?s murder - The Hindu

akhilesh yadav

[h=1]Firm linked to RTI activist's murder has Pawar shareholding[/h]

Union Agriculture Minister and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar ought to be adequately embarrassed about IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd - a prominent Mumbai-based firm in which he and his wife Pratibha have investments of 1,000 shares each. This shareholding has been disclosed by Pawar in his assets declaration statement that is available on the prime minister's website.

IRB Infrastructure, which has had a meteoric rise in the highway construction and toll roads business across the country in barely 13 years, made sensational news last week in connection with the murder of Talegaon-Dabhade-based Right to Information (RTI) activist Satish Shetty (38) on 13 January 2010.

On 3 May, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) secured judicial permission to conduct a polygraph test on 10 persons, including IRB's Chairman and MD, Virendra Mhaiskar, in connection with investigations into Shetty's murder. Those who will also undergo the lie-detection test include IRB officials Deepak Gadgil (head of real estate) and Jayant Dangare (head of liaisoning) among a total of 13 persons.

Read more at: Firm linked to RTI activist's murder has Pawar shareholding - Firstpost

Sajib Nandi

Ex-cop arrested in RTI activist murder case

The Central Bureau of Investigation on Wednesday arrested retired police inspector Bhausaheb Andhalkar for his alleged role in shielding the killers of RTI activist Satish Shetty. Shetty, who had exposed many land scams, was killed in Talegaon in 2010 when Andhalkar was with the crime branch.

Read more at: Ex-cop arrested in RTI activist murder case - Times of India

MANOJ B. PATEL

CBI today arrested a retired police officer in the case related to the 2009 murder of Pune-based RTI activist Satish Shetty for shielding the culprits.

Bhausaheb Andhalkar, the accused, was then a police inspector attached to crime branch of Pune rural police, and was a part of the murder investigation which had led to the arrest of some suspects.

But the police failed to make any further progress and it was later transferred to the central agency by the Maharashtra Government.

"During the investigation, it has emerged that then police inspector (Andhalkar)...Had allegedly conspired with others and fabricated and manipulated evidence to shield the real conspirators and killers," a CBI release here stated.

Read more at;

CBI arrests former police officer in RTI activist murder case | Business Standard News

Prasad GLN

CBI has spent 6 years and recorded statements of 550 people and questioned 900 others to get one Police officer . What all these mean ?

Can a common man approach High Court or involve CBI ? What is the common men security when law makers become law breakers ?

What is the benefit for a common man by digging all the scams and saving crores of money to Govt at the cost of his life and family ?

What Govt in turn can offer to all these sacrifices in larger public interest ?

If a man commits a suicide, lakhs and lakhs of compensation is being showered by State Govt., including providing compassionate appointments etc., what are the RTI Activisits are getting in return from Govt.

I heard that Police have withdrawn their protection to No.1 Activist of Haryana Hon.H.D. Dhingra also suddenly and in turn they state that he has sought for withdrawal of such protection? What a tragedy ?

Sajib Nandi

Also read:

CBI ARRESTS ANOTHER COP FOR ‘CONSPIRING’ WITH ACTIVIST’S KILLERS

http://www.punemirror.in/pune/crime/CBI-arrests-another-cop-for-conspiring-with-activists-killers/articleshow/51785593.cms

Five days after arresting a retired police officer of the Pune Rural police in the murder case of Right To Information (RTI) activist Satish Shetty, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Sunday, in a late night development, arrested another former assistant police inspector (API) of the local crime branch (LCB) in connection with the case.

The accused, Namdev Kauthale, was an API with the LCB when the murder took place in January 2010. According to the CBI, Kauthale was arrested since he was involved in the initial investigation of the case. He had allegedly conspired with the perpetrators and created false evidence and fake eyewitnesses to implicate five other accused persons, shielding the real killers.

MANOJ B. PATEL

The police on Wednesday arrested Shivaprasad (28) of Panjimogaru in connection with the murder of 51-year-old Right to Information activist Vinayak Baliga on March 21, 2016. With this, the police have arrested three persons in the case.

The police said that Shivaprasad was the one who hit Baliga hard on his head leading to the latter’s death.

Shivaprasad was with the other accused, Vineet Poojary and Nishit Devadiga (since arrested), when they attacked Baliga near his house on March 21.

The police said that a search is on for Srikant who has been accused of hiring the three arrested persons for murdering Baliga.

Third accused in RTI activist murder held - Today's Paper - The Hindu

D.T.RATHAVA

aking a serious note of the murder of RTI activist Satish Shetty in 2010, the Maharashtra State Human Rights Commission has directed the state government to give a compensation of Rs 15 lakh to his family within four weeks.

The commission also ordered departmental inquiry against the concerned superintendent of police, sub-divisional police officer and others for not taking action on Shetty's application seeking police protection.

Shetty, who had exposed several land-related scams through Right To Information Act, was brutally murdered at Talegaon Dabhade in Pune district on January 13, 2010.

SHRC orders Rs 15 lakh compensation for RTI activist's family | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Prasad GLN

Can any one purchase RTI Activist for Rs.15/ lakhs in Dalal Street ?

What are the preventive measures and accountability.

Should it be construed, that if you throw some rupees on the face, every thing on the front remains quiet.

Sajib Nandi

Moneylife has been writing about the gruesome murder of Talegaon-based Satish Shetty, the first such killing of an RTI activist in Maharashtra. It has been seven years since the murder of Shetty, but the case is still carrying on at a snail's pace. The Satish Shetty Murder case, the first for an RTI activist in the country, was pulled out from Pune Police, which was dilly-dallying over the investigations. At the complaint and pursuance of his brother Sandeep and the Shetty family and directives from the Bombay High Court, the case was transferred to the CBI.

Read more at: IRB CMD Virendra Mhaiskar and others named in CBI charge sheet for illegally buying govt land

• Similar Content

• Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      I had sought details of loan and copies of agreement entered with World Bank, JICA etc. of IT Expressway Chennai (created in partnership with Govt of TN) However the PIO has replied that they have moved out of world bank loan and taken loan from other banks details of which cannot be disclosed under 8(1) d of RTI Act citing "commercial confidence".
      However the IT Expressway is a public limited company having entered into agreement with Govt of TN and others for developing and maintaining a particular stretch of road.

Kindly help me frame a good first appeal.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using RTI INDIA mobile app

• shrivar1212
      By shrivar1212
      Hello,
      I require help on co-operative issue. I had filed the RTI with the PIO, Dy registrar of co-op societies seeking information on affairs of society.
      The PIO has replied stating that the information I am seeking is available with co-operative society. My query is:
      1] Can PIO direct an applicant to private body for information?
      2] The society in question comes under the jurisdiction of the PIO, since PIO is public authority and co-operative society a private body, is it not duty of PIO to seek information from society and give it to me? How can PIO direct me back to society? This is RTI application, either I have to appeal or I have to forego. I cannot complaint against reply. So I want to approach FAA, under what grounds can I?
      3] What kind of violation PIO has committed by directing me back to private society? 
      4] Does co-operative society come under the purview of RTI ACt?
      Your views are appreciated. I am fighting lone battle with corrupt system. 

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy