1. 1. plz resolve my problem

• about education
    • aout teaching

Question

johnsinghaj

From

V.Balamurugan and K.John Singh

Tirunelveli 627 011

e-mail: (Posting of mail ids & mob. no. is against Forum Rules -hence deleted)

Phone: XXXXXXX, XXXXXXXXX 13 Jan 2010

To

The Honorable Minister

Ministry of Human Resource & Development

New Delhi

Sir,

Sub: Redressal of Grievances and Suggestions to AICTE

I have the honour to bring the following facts for your kind consideration and favourable action.

We are working in a private engineering college as Asst Professors in the Computer Science and Engineering Department. Our qualifications are first class MCA/M.Sc(Information Technology), first class M.Tech(Computer Science and Engineering) and about to complete our Ph.D(Computer Science and Engineering). As per the existing faculty norms for Lecturer (now Asst Professor) cadre in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering, of Engineering colleges, a person with MCA / M.Sc followed with first class M.E (Computer Science and Engineering)/ M.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering) qualification is eligible. But as per the new norms the eligibility conditions are mentioned in AICTE website (AICTE) as follows.

“BE / BTech and ME / MTech in relevant subject with First Class or equivalent either in BE / BTech or ME / MTech”

Whereas as per the latest UGC Norms the eligibility conditions are as follows:

1.1. Master’s Degree with 55% marks in the appropriate branch of Engineering

(Engg.) & Technology (Tech) .

1.2. NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in

disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted subject to the conditions

stipulated in these Regulations in clause.3.3.3.

1.3. A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API)

based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) developed by UGC in these

Regulations shall be a mandatory requirement

Under this circumstances, it creates ambiguity in many ways and causes a concern for the people like us. The abrupt changes in the policy decisions will seriously damage to the existing system. There are more than one thousand staff members, who are presently serving in private engineering colleges who were recruited as per the existing rules. It is not fair on the part of AICTE to curb the existing, well experienced faculty members by imposing restrictions. It seems that the rule makers fail to consider the prevailing conditions and the welfare of the existing members. The new rules affect us in the following ways.

1. The new rules block the students of Science stream from entering into engineering streams.

2. In many previous meetings of AICTE, the importance of the science is strongly insisted. However, the new rules do not consider it.

3. There is no provision in the new system that insists the qualifications related to the specialization of Engineering Teaching (such as B.Ed. for school education) for producing best engineering teachers.

4. Like the existing norms, there is no separate clause in the new norms that deals with eligibility of faculty members of computer science & engineering course. Since, Computer Science & Engineering field is still in its infant stage, there are no sufficient numbers of postgraduates with engineering background.

5. Further, since there is no clear demarcation among B.E.(Comp. Science & Engineering), B.Tech (IT), MCA, and M.Sc (Computer Science/ IT/ Software Engineering), all these students are undergoing more or less the same curriculum.

6. Although, on one side AICTE permits the science students to enter into PG course in Engineering, on the other side it is not at all giving any opportunity to them to become a teacher. It shows the dual standards of the AICTE. Instead of concentrating the quality education, the new AICTE rules were framed to suppress the teachers with science background.

7. As for as the faculty eligibility norms of MCA is concerned the new norms for Asst. Professor is given below.

“ BE/BTech and ME/MTech in relevant subject with First Class or equivalent either in BE/BTech or ME/MTech

OR

BE/ BTech and MCA with First class or equivalent in either BE/BTech or MCA OR

MCA with first class or equivalent with two years relevant experience”

8. The third part of the above rule is ridiculous and illogical. The rule says the Fresher with MCA qualification is not eligible to become a faculty member in AICTE approved institutions. we wonder, how can a person get relevant experience for two years without permitting him to work as faculty member. The definition for relevant experience is not given anywhere.

Under these circumstances we humbly request you to kindly look into these discrepancies and advise the AICTE to find suitable remedies. We are in the hope that our humble views will be considered with due care and the remedial action will be taken to display the corrected norms in the AICTE web sites very soon.

Thanking you very much,

Yours truly,

Copy to : 1. The Honorable President of India

2. The Chairman, UGC

3. The Chairman, AICTE

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

rajyadav017

Welcome to rti. This forum is for discussing the rti act and its application to govt depts.

vinay_goyalgg

Hello All,

The drafted letter is perfect! Any replies from MHRD or any other agencies?

• Like 2

vinay_goyalgg

Hello, The letter is perfect! Any replies from MHRD or AICTE?

Vinay

From

V.Balamurugan and K.John Singh

Tirunelveli 627 011

• Like 1

bala_vm

Additional Grievances and Suggestions

The AICTE has proposed some changes in the faculty norms.

Though it is in draft stage, It creates ambiguity in many ways and causes a concern for the people like me. Is there any need to host the draft format in the AICTE website? As on date (30th Jan 10) one can find 75% of the link in the AICTE website do not function well. Even a common man knows if there is a change in any rule it should have an effective date of implementation. Unlike other branches, the Computer Science & Engineering branch is a combination of Science and Engineering subjects. Further, there is no clear demarcation among B.E.(Comp. Science & Engineering), B.Tech (IT), MCA, and M.Sc ( Computer Science & Engineering)/ M.Sc Software Engineering/ MSc ( IT). All these students are undergoing more or less the same curriculum. The only difference may be the engineering drawing subject in B.E. Unlike other branches the engineering drawing, does not play a major role in the computer programming or architecture where as the person with MCA undergoes six years of study out of which he spend 3 years exclusively for computer related subjects and 3 years subjects of computer science/ science/maths, etc. Further he spends 2 more years to complete the M.E or M.Tech course. When one completes the M.Tech course in this manner, he get matured due to their age. Now their understanding level and the teaching methodology would also have been improved. AICTE, all Universities and IITs permit the students with MCA or MSc comp. Science to pursue their M.E and M.Tech. It is an injustice to a person who is permitted to acquire a degree and not allowed to work as a teacher in the Computer Science & Engineering branch. Further, if at all any rule is framed, it should not affect the existing staff members.

By doing so AICTE, encourages the vertical split among engineering graduates and engineering graduates with Science backgrounds. If AICTE is really interested in improving the technical education it should start technical teaching related courses like Bachelor of Technical Education and it should encourage the teachers to undergo such course.

• Like 2

thariqhussain

Sir,

I am a MCA, M.E(CSE) degree holder. Previously I had 7 years of teaching experience in arts and science college. After the completion of M.E(CSE), I had joined in an Engineering college for the past one year. As per the existing AICTE norms, my qualification is eligible to work in Engineering College. Can I continue my profession in engineering college? Guide me in this regard.

karira

This is a portal dedicated to discussing issues related to the RTI Act 2005.

Your query does not relate to RTI.

Thread Closed

SADISHKUMARST

Sir,

i am MCA graduate,,

now studying final semester M.E(CSE).

by some norms the engineering colleges are refused

to take me for te post of lecturer..

it seems ACITE restricted the candidates who are studying M.E (CSE)with the qualification of M.C.A

so i need a clarification about this ..

• Like 1

jps50

This portal does not provide information, it enables members to use RTI Act 2005 to get information. You can file RTI application with AICTE by visiting:

Central Govt appln:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/19-rti-application-central-govt-info.html

Effective:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

2srmani

We are working in a private engineering college as Asst Professors in the Computer Science and Engineering Department. Our qualifications are first class MCA, first class M.E(Computer Science and Engineering). As per the existing faculty norms for Lecturer (now Asst Professor) cadre in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering, of Engineering colleges, a person with MCA followed with first class M.E (Computer Science and Engineering) is eligible. But as per the new norms the eligibility conditions is not understandable . Whether the people who have completed MCA with ME(CSE) are eligible for a lecturer in CSE Dept.

Under these circumstances we humbly request you to kindly look into these discrepancies and advise the AICTE to find suitable remedies. We are in the hope that our humble views will be considered with due care and the remedial action will be taken to display the corrected norms in the AICTE web sites very soon.

preethashri

Respected sir,

I have completed my M.C.A.,M.Phil.(Computer Science), and then did my M.E(Computer Science. Completed in 2010).My question is am i eligible for the post of lecturer in Govt. Engineering College? They are saying that according to AICTE norms they need B.E as the basic degree along with M.E to work in engineering colleges.How much is this true?If i need to register my Ph.D, am i to register it with M.C.A or M.E? Now,Iam working in private engineering college.Will they consider this experience in case if i shift back to Govt Arts college.At the time of joining only M.sc were told that were not eligible and later they were allowed to study only in Universities.As, M.C.A we did not have any restrictions to join M.E.What is the status now and i need a clear suggestion to take a step in my future.

Thank You.

ambrish.p

Dear Member

Please read this full thread.

regards

johnsinghaj

Hai Sir / Mam,

Herewith i am sending one important AICTE ( under Right to the Information Act, Govt.of India)document for u r reference.

AICTE.jpg

visasaravanan

i am MCA ME graduate can i eligible to join as a lecturer in engineering colleges as per AICTE norms

please quote the eligiblity creteria for joining as a lecturer in engineering colleges as per AICTE

i planned to do ME after finishing my MCA. is it effective

ambrish.p

Dear Member

We are a discussion forum for discussion on RTI act. If u wish u can file RTI application with AICTE for copy of norms. Please read this full thread & also go through threads available in this search: aicte norms for lecturer - Google Search for details.

For help in other matters not related to RTI, please visit the sister website: Big Helpers

regards

bikash.dbnth

We are disappointed on knowing about the new norms for assistant professor in undergraduate engineering students. According to the new norms only BTECH MTech with first class degree are eligible where as MCA - MTech / MSc - MTech are not eligible. I can't understand why in different institutions they are giving permission to MCA / MSc to study MTech (e.g Jadavpur University, WBUT, Calcutta University etc.) and now just pulling out. What we will do in the present scenario ? We have spent our money as well as two valuable years ? What will happen to those people those who are already in the profession?

ambrish.p

Dear Member

Please see post # 15 (above your post)

regards

chanduforu

Sir,

I want to know wherether m.sc computer science students with m.tech are eligible to work as a faculty in engineering or not. if u have any proof pl send it to me

arjun bharat

Sir/Madam

I have completed MCA, M.Phil & M.Tech with first class. I am working in Private engineering college in Computer science department. I have 10 years Teaching experience. As per the new AICTE norm I want to know whether I am eligible to continue my service in Computer Science Department, if so kindly send me the details. Thanking you.

J.Chitra

Respected Sir

I want to know the information regarding the staffs who are having M.C.A. and M.E. CSE

qualification are eligible to work in computer science and information technology department in engineering colleges. Tell about aicte new amendments regarding this.

I am having B.sc physics, M.C.A. and M.E. CSE with 8 years of engineering department teaching experience and 2 years of industry experience. I am in need of AICTE norms with this qualification.

Thanking you

karira

J. Chitra,

Read the full thread above as well as the links given in the posts.

Also read some of the threads listed in the following search results:

me mtech mca aicte - Google Search