News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
drgvrao

RTI replaces Investigation in Corruption/Misappropriation

rajub

Go ahead, keep it up Dr. Rao!

That is what is expected in preamble of RTI Act, "containing corruption, accountability of the government to the governed and transparency"

But be forewarned! The accused may not admit the documents on technical grounds in the court proceedings. Have you obtained the certified copies? or only photo copies?

You should submit the replies you received from PIO/FAA along with your original RTI applications, first appeals and second appeals. This would eliminate the possibility of non admission of the documents you collected.

• Like 1

dillip kumar mohapatra

Congratulation for your constant effort for fighting corruption.You are a asset for our portal.Thanks.

drgvrao
Go ahead, keep it up Dr. Rao!

That is what is expected in preamble of RTI Act, "containing corruption, accountability of the government to the governed and transparency"

But be forewarned! The accused may not admit the documents on technical grounds in the court proceedings. Have you obtained the certified copies? or only photo copies?

You should submit the replies you received from PIO/FAA along with your original RTI applications, first appeals and second appeals. This would eliminate the possibility of non admission of the documents you collected.

Dear Raju

I m using the original documents with signatures of the CPIO's as the proof of misappropriation and corruption. I have taken my case to several leading advocates in Hyderabad, Bangalore and Chennai and also couple of leading Supreme Court Advocates and am acting as per advice and then decided to file the complaint. Thanks for ur concern and advice.

slchowdhary

Kudos for excellent job. Don't submit original/certified copies at the time of filing FIR. Submit these, if necessary, at the time of your evidence in courts. In fact, let Investigating officer obtain true copies.

drgvrao

Dear Colleague

Thanks for ur support. My mistake that I did not elaborate much but in order to protect the interests of my case, I did not detail the procedure of filing the case. I am filing the Xerox copies in the Criminal Court and then once admitted I shall provide the originals. Thats the procedure it seems. Rest of details later.

dev_chakraverty

Congrats. Your efforts have started bearing fruits and hopefully on all of us in this forum who dream for corruption free India will have a moral boosting effect. Keep it up.

wanitariq

dear sir

will you plz let me how to file complaint under rti and is there any way to lodge complaint through rti

dev_chakraverty

Press Home and look under heading All about RTI.

tvravindran

Dear Dr.Rao,

Thank you very much for posting this useful information. Wishing you the very best in your future course of action on this regard.

Ravindran

SNEHAL SHAH

Dear Dr. Rao,

Hi, this is Snehal Shah from Rajkot, Gujarat. You were lucky to get all the proff needed for the criminal trial. Congretulations..

I have filed 65 applications (during 3-4 months in 2009) with the local University but to my surprise, I never received information in any of them, no ph in any first appeals by faa (vice chancellor), all my 2nd appeals and complaints (total 88) were de novoed by the GCIC. But the most surprising is that all the '88' orders of GCIC were ignored by FAA. Now I am waiting for the GCIC ph. Unfortunetly in gujarat there is only one commissioner, so the wait is too long. Two more posts of IC are already aproved by the goverment but even after Gujarat high court's order to fill the post in two months, no appointment in 60 days or till today i.e. after few months.

TTTara

Dear Dr. Rao..

Accept my sincere thanks for sharing this information:). It is partially correct to say that RTI has almost replaced investigation in corruption/misappropriation of public fund. Why I say is because most of the public servants delays the file especially on projects relating to sanctioning of funds. this behaviour of the any public servant is un called for. plse suggest how to check and punish the officers who delays file for no good reasons...

TTTara

jps50

Dear Dr. Rao,

Just superb and most inspiring in corruption ridden country, with maximum religious citizens. Bravo. Kindly keep the members informed of progress, so that such initiatives can be replicated by others.

SHYLOCK

good luck drgv rao

Ketan Modi

Dr. Raosir,

Have you considered seeking the duly attested copies of the Annual Asset Returns of concerned Government Officers? These documents are in public domain and would help you in liking disproportionate assets with the misppropriation and corrupt practices. I have done this and it has desired effect. In fact I exhort all friends to seek these AARs in suc cases as it puts pressure on the corrupt bureaucrates. Happy information seeking and regards.

kanchan lata nigam

dear dr. rao, thank u for this very good efforts & posts which will encourage us also.

Khushachand Baheti

Congrats.

It is rare that Prosecution is launched on the basis of RTI Information.

Before filing complaint you may take care that sec 197 of IPC is not invoked by concerned Public servant in court to gety scot free.

Dear Colleagues :)

Glad to be here after a long time. The absence was for pursuing the RTI Act in the right direction and gathering information on Misappropriation and Corruption in a Central Government Organisation based at Hyderabad under the Dept of Biotechnology.

I had addressed over 50 RTI applications (over a period of 4 years) to this Organisation and other organisations. In all with skillful drafting of the questions under RTI, I was able to get convincing replies from the CPIO, which revealed irregularities committed. The misappropriations pertain to the period 1999 to 2008. The total misappropriation amounts to around Rs 55 crores. This amount could go beyond too by the time I file the complaint next week.

I feel very happy that with the RTI Act I was able to get the statements of the accused officials wherein they have admitted to the inappropriate actions which has cost the Government Exchequer heavily. Now with these admissions of inaction from the officials themselves, the need for an investigation is totally replaced. I feel very contended that now I can right away file the complaint in a Criminal Court and their would be no need for any investigation or scrutiny of records since that job has already been done and reported by the organisation itself to my queries. So its straight criminal trial and punishment against the said officials unless some agency stays the proceedings.

I expect full support from all my friends on this Forum and advice. I shall post the complaint on this site as soon as my Complaint is filed in an appropriate Court some time next week.

With regards.

Dr Rao.

kanchan lata nigam

i am very to your success using RTI tool against corruption & congratulate for same ,thank you.

javeed_khan

congraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats,

Only people like you can change the nation. I can understand the effort which you have put and the time and money spent by you. Only a man of dedication can do this. Be careful, the rouges will try to trouble you and if u are a govt. servant than it will be more easy for these rouges to do it. tread cautiously

javeed

kanchan lata nigam

thanks for your such valuable opinion.

nagpalsingh2000

Good wishes and luck mr. Rao

Rajinder Bhatia

Please post your RTI application here, so that others may follow you in public interest.

nagpalsingh2000

Good going sir! kep it up