- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
I want to discontinue B.Sc. course from Indian Academy Degree college- Autonomous, Bangalore as I want to pursue B.Tech. When asked for my certificates management is demanding to pay full course fee of 3 years to return my documents. I want my certificates without paying any extra money. Please help.
As I can see from the Act the principal aim of the act seems to motivate people and encouraging them to have information about the working of the system to see that it works efficiently.
But it is said that poverty alleviation is also the aim of this act. I cannot forsee how that can be achieved?