News Ticker
karira

Need Volunteers....Annual Productivity Analysis of SIC's and CIC

Sunil Ahya

Dear Kariraji,

I volunteer for Maharashtra.

• Like 2

rajub

I have downloaded all the 5 applications and will submit them at Nagpur bench of Maharashtra SIC.

If anybody else at Nagpur wishes to volunteer please do come forward. More such applications will make them aware that we are watching them vigilantly in large numbers.

ambrish.p

Dear Karira Sir,

I have also downloaded all the 5 applications and will file with UPSIC (very soon) in my next visit to Lucknow.

regards

• Like 1

Pradip Shah

Dear Kariraji,

Thanks for confidence shown. I am at your service. Its 3.10 AM. i will download & will

do the needful on Monday/Tuesday from Ahmadabad, Gujarat, bench of SIC.

Very Warm Regards.

• Like 4

abhijeet

Dear Karira ,

I am intersted to file these applications. But after few days.

Thank you for this proposal and useful initiation .

karira

For members from Maharashtra.

There are several benches of the SIC in Maharashtra.

Just check whether this "information" is available in each place separately, or at the central Office in Mumbai. Maybe some is available in one place and some separately.

You will have to change certain wordings of the applications. Please do the needful.

Idea of multiple applications in each SIC is worth following. So, if there are more than one member for filing the applications in one SIC, please go ahead.

kapilchawla

Dear Kariraji,

I volunteer for Delhi.

Kapil

• Like 1

kapilchawla

In the third application (RTI 3 penalty details):

Instead of "From: The date when the CIC heard the first appeal after its constitution".

It should be "From: The date when the CIC heard the second appeal after its constitution".

Thanks,

Kapil

karira
In the third application (RTI 3 penalty details):

Instead of "From: The date when the CIC heard the first appeal after its constitution".

It should be "From: The date when the CIC heard the second appeal after its constitution".

Thanks,

Kapil

Thanks for pointing out.

It should actually read:

"From: The date when the CIC heard the first second appeal after its constitution"

Kapil,

Please file for CIC.

If you are paying the application fee by way of 5 IPO's, then directly submit to the "inward" office located at 4th Floor, Old JNU Camps, Ber Sarai (near outer ring road).

If you are paying by cash, you have to first go to the AK Bhawan office (behind Bhikaji Cama Place) and pay the Cash to Ms. Meenakshi. She will write on your applications that she has received and then you have to go to the Old JNU campus to submit it.

By the way, I thought you are in Brisbane !

• Like 1

kapilchawla

Karira Ji,

Thanks for the details. I have already booked DDs with Citibank Bank. I should be able to file by wednesday.

Yes, I was in Brisbane. I have recently come back for good. Looking for option in Delhi.

I have updated my profile now.

Pulivarthi Narasimhulu

Iam ready to file those applications. But I have some doubt that the SPIO may reject the applications stating that the applicant is seeking voluminous information which divert the resources of the Public Authority.

colnrkurup

Dear Mr.Karira,

I have made the application for Kerala and will be filing it to-day itself when the Post Office open. In the second application I had sought one more information as serial 10 " Total number of cases disposed Audi Alteram Partem contrary to explicit provisions of Rule 7(1) of the Kerala State Information Commission (Pprocedure & Appeal) Rules 2006"

karira
Iam ready to file those applications. But I have some doubt that the SPIO may reject the applications stating that the applicant is seeking voluminous information which divert the resources of the Public Authority.

Pulivarthi,

I have already got a reply to the similar RTI Applications (in fact there were only 3 last year - which have been split to 5 this year) from APSIC. So, now the SPIO cannot say that the information is voluminous.

Remember that the preamble of the RTI Act states its objectives as Transparency and Accountability. Thta is precisely what these 5 RTI applications seek out to do - seek transparency from the SIC/CIC and hold them accountable to the appellants/complainants as well as those who are waiting in queue.

Dear Mr.Karira,

I have made the application for Kerala and will be filing it to-day itself when the Post Office open. In the second application I had sought one more information as serial 10 " Total number of cases disposed Audi Alteram Partem contrary to explicit provisions of Rule 7(1) of the Kerala State Information Commission (Pprocedure & Appeal) Rules 2006"

Colnrkurup,

Only you in Kerala and myself in AP are affected by this.

So I have made a separate RTI to APSIC on the Audi Alteram Partem.

If you want I can give you a copy.

Whistleblower

Dear Shri Karira,

Will file these applications at the Pune Bench of SIC, Maharashtra by hand soon.

Will also let you know the results after receiving reply from them.

Regards

karira
Dear Shri Karira,

Will file these applications at the Pune Bench of SIC, Maharashtra by hand soon.

Will also let you know the results after receiving reply from them.

Regards

Many thanks.

Please read my post #7 above before filing.

Maharashtra looks unique because of its many benches.

smbhappy

Hi, I am prepared to file the applications by monday 22 February 2010. With your permission I will do it fo Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh as Offices of all the SIC are sutiated in Chandigarh.

• Like 4

R Madhok

Hon’ble Kariraji,

Regards,

I have downloaded all the 5 applications and will submit to SIC, Punjab today. By getting information from each and every SIC office, the latest position of working of State and Central Information Commission’s offices can be brought to the notice of the Hon’ble Prime Minister’s, President’s office and if needed the Chief Information commissioner’s of the State and Centre will be requested to appear that information of the website of State information commission and Department of Personnel and Training (DOPT).

By this step the average cost per decision can be calculated as per the salary, perks and other administrative expenses.

Rajneesh Madhok,

B-xxx/63, Nehru Nagar,

St. No. 2, Railway Road,

Phagwara (Pb)

colnrkurup

I think the task initiated by Mr.Karira is superb. If we can get data/replies from at least 15 States, we can do miracle. I think later, we should give its copy of our "PCRF" also so that they do not waste the vast resources only available with them the way they have done since last few months elevating the NINCOMPOOPS as SUPERMAN

Ketan Modi

Karira sir, I would be glad to file all these five application from Mumbai and I will exhort some friends in Gujarat to do the same.

• Like 1

Ketan Modi

Sir,

This is usual excuse. Recently I met with the same experience with Mumbai Municipal Corporation. If information sought is voluminous tell them in terms of section section 4(1)(a) they mandatory obligation was cast upon the public authority to ensure comperisation of all the records duly catelogued and indexed as on October 12, 2005. If they have not done it, it is their fault and ask them to rectify their mistake. In my case I reduced the period from 2001 to 2008 till date. I also offered them one months time. They had no option but to agree. Next step will be asking for more data year wise. I exhort all friends to use this route. It is effective. Happy information seeking to all.

Sunil Ahya

Dear Kariraji,

In the application named "RTI 4 working days ic and cic" you have mentioned at the end of query no. 2 & 3 (information to be provided separately for each of the ICs)

Does that imply that for the rest of the queries we want clubbed information.

karira
Karira sir, I would be glad to file all these five application from Mumbai and I will exhort some friends in Gujarat to do the same.

Ketan,

For Maharashtra, please read my post #7 above.

Maharashtra has special situation, because of the benches spread in many places.

Dear Kariraji,

In the application named "RTI 4 working days ic and cic" you have mentioned at the end of query no. 2 & 3 (information to be provided separately for each of the ICs)

Does that imply that for the rest of the queries we want clubbed information.

Item Nrs. 2, 3, 4, and 5, of that application already mentions CIC and each of the IC's.

That line after item 3 can be deleted or left as it is - it is actually redundant.

smbhappy

We may add another question in each of the applications requesting for if the PA of CIC/SIC/IC proposes to post this information on the website of the CIC/SIC/IC every year under section 4 of the RTI Act 2005.

Atul Patankar

Karira Sir,

I have prepared the applications, and will be sending them to Aurangabad bench of Maharashtra SIC tomorrow. However, I do not think they have a PIO there. They will probably return it and advice me to submit at Mumbai only.

• Like 1