amjathsharief

How to check my Employee Provident Fund balance?

Question

10 answers to this question

maneesh

You can check you EPF Balance any time by keying the details here at this site.

Employees Provident Fund Information

If you are unable to get information you can contact at this email address for help.

epfohyd[at]ap.nic.in & epfohyd[at]hd2.dot.net.in

Lets try and find out before we send a RTI application whether the information is already provided by the Govt. It appears from the above that a commendable work has been done by the AP Govt. in making available the EPF balance over internet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

ashakantasharma

You can always check the balance of your EPF Account by registering yourself at EPF Members Portal with the help of your UAN Number. 

Or you also give a MISSED Call to +911122901406 from your registered mobile number with EPF after which you will be getting a SMS with the current balance in your EPF Account.

hemasampat

Under RTI format apply to the PIO.EPFO HYDERABAD Ask for the details of ur account [state ur a/c number]

• Thanks 2

amjathsharief

Please give me more details. where can i get the RTI format?

• Thanks 2

amjathsharief

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I had already tried this site. What is confusing in this is, this site asks for 3 things.

1. Establishment Code (expects maximum of 6 letters)

2. Establishment Extension (expects maximum of 1 letter)

3. Employee Code (expects maximum of 6 letters)

I don't know in my PF number how to find these things. My PF number provided by the employer has this format,

AP/HY/12345-012

Can you please tell me how do i retrieve my required info from this.

thanks,

Amjath

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

maneesh

1. Establishment Code (expects maximum of 6 letters)

2. Establishment Extension (expects maximum of 1 letter)

3. Employee Code (expects maximum of 6 letters)

I don't know in my PF number how to find these things. My PF number provided by the employer has this format,

AP/HY/12345-012

Establish Code is the code number given to your organiation. Extesnion no is the for the branch of your organisation if any

and the Employee code is the code alloted by your organization which deducts the contributions.

You can also write to the grievance redressal at this address

EPFO

This is the list of PIO of EPF

You may apply to them under RTI if you feel the department has not given you all information

RTI_OFFICERS DETAILS

• Like 2

kanth

My Epf no AP 42073/84 CAN I KNOW MY BALANCE AMOUNT.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

opsharma

Amjath,can you please visit our sister site for your query about EPF,this site exclusively deals with matters related to RTI. Thanks

• Like 1

Shrawan

We have an excellent blog here: http://www.rtiindia.org/blogs/ambrish-p/641-pf-account-details.html by which will help in the matters of Provident Fund issues. Please visit the blog of Ambrish.

1. How to Check PF balance ??

Online faciltiy is available for accounts maintained at PUNE, Ahmedabad, Chennai and Kerala regional offices of EPFO.

A/C with PUNE Office try here: http://www.epfopune.gov.in/balance.aspx

A/C with AHEMABAD Office try here:EPFO | Employees Provident Fund Organisation, Gujarat, Ahmedabad

A/C with VADODARA Office try here: EPFO | Employees' Provident Fund Organisation, Vadodara Region

A/C with CHENNAI Office try here:Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), Chennai

A/C with KERALA Office try here:Your EPF Balance

If your PF account is not maintained at the office/s mentioned above please follow this blog by JPS Sir:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...rough-rti.html

2. How to Check Transfer Status?

To check PF transfer status: http://www.epfindia.com/ClaimStatus_New.html

To know the details of transfer procedure, please see the blogs of Taurus Sir on PF:

RTI India - EPF - transfer or withdraw.

File RTI application with CPIO of Concerned PF office to check the status of transfer.RTI application will be as per Central Govt. RTI Rules & fees.

RTI Application For Central Govt Info (by JPS 50 Sir)

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...govt-info.html

Please refer to this blog by JPS 50 Sir: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...ding-govt.html for a suggested format.

3. How to withdraw PF money & check the withdrawl status??

To withdraw PF money you need to fill the form no.19 (Employees's Provident Fund Scheme, 1952) and Form No.10C (Employee’s Pension Scheme, 1995) and you can withdraw the PF deposited to your account by your previous Employer. Forms available here: EPFO

FOR Claim Status (all INDIA) try here: EPF India

To know the details/rules (applicable) please see the blogs of Taurus Sir on PF:

RTI India - EPF - transfer or withdraw.

File RTI application with CPIO of Concerned PF office to check the status of claim. Application as per Central Govt. rules & fees.

Suggested Format of RTI application for withdrawl status (by JPS Sir) :http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...nd-refund.html

4. How to withdraw PF money without involving/sign of employer.

If the company is closed and the employer is either not traceable or refused to sign the subscriber to the fund can still submit his claim for settlement through other means. It is the duty of the employer under the Act & Scheme to help Employees' Provident Fund organization to settle the Provident Fund dues of his employees. He has to complete the prescribed application within 5 days of receipt [para72 (5)] forms & hand over it to the member when he leaves the service. When a member finds it difficult to get the form attested by the employer, he can get the attestation of any of the following officer & send to the Provident Fund office:

1.Manager of a bank.

2.By any gazetted officer.

3.Member of the Central Board of Trustees./ committee/ Regional Committee (Employees'

Provident Fund Organization).

4.Magistrate/ Post/ Sub Post Master/ President of Village Panchayat/ Notary Public.

• Like 2