Jump to content
News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
  • 0

Rule of non active Bank saving account



As per my knowledge, these should be atleast one transaction (either Withdrawl or deposit) in a financial year to protect saving account from Non Active a/c.


Our's SBBJ bank's Branch (Rajakhera, Dholpur, Raj.) had deducted Rs150.0 as penalty from not depositing any money in a financial yr while transaction of money withdrawl was done in June 09.


On asking with branch, they justify their decision as a RBI Rule without showing any document / advises from RBI.


Is it right?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Is the concerned bank a public sector undertaking? If so it is covered under RTI Act.


Please file an application under RTI Act seeking the certified copies of the relevent rules/guidelines under which the deductions were made.


If the bank is not covered under RTI Act file a complaint to Banking Ombudsman.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

SBBJ is nationalised bank it will have PIO

file RTI get the reason for dedcution of Rs. 150/-

get those rules which enabled the bank to deduct

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Please refer:


Central Govt appln:






Bank problems:

How to address problems with banks? - Big Helpers Community


Under RTI you can ask for copy of circular, board approval for levy of such charges and relevant circular of RBI. I add that RBI does not specify exact amount of service charges but lays down its broad policy for such service charges. You can search Reserve Bank of India - India's Central Bank under notification or common person icon

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • Guest Prabeer Panda
      By Guest Prabeer Panda
      I have received information from the PIO and being the information which was disclosed under Large Public Interest, Can I share RTI response in Social Media? Do I need to take permission from the PIO / FAA or the CIC?
    • Guest vijay0986
      By Guest vijay0986
      Can i get information under rti rule from hindalco? my sister made a maintenance case on husband because of ignorance so, how could get the detail of his working days and salary from hindalco lohardaga under rti rule?


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy