Question

jngautam

My current name is Jagar Nath Gautam. I want to change my name. I am 22 years old, a student of Delhi University final year. apart from it, i m working with LIC of india as an insurance agent. I do hold a pan card.

How can i change my name?

Can I change my name in all the above?

What about name in my further education i.e. in PG etc. will they accept my new name or i will have to continue with the old one???

9 answers to this question

santukps

Hi This is Siva I have got a query regarding the name change :

My mothers name is kaveri and in all her school and college records it is kaveri only but in the house her name is usha so my dad gave in all the things as usha....my dad passed away and she signed as usha and got the claims...from the notary public we got the form saying usha and kaveri are same....now she needs to take her passport...can you pls suggest me how to move about it..

Regards,

Siva

ambrish.p

Dear Siva

Please refer post # 2 (no of post is mentioned on top right of every post) & also see:name change - Google Search

regards

csaaps

Sir,

I am from kerala, I wish to change the name of my son, who is in 10th standard now.

I wish to know the formalities associated with that.

Could you please inform me ?

Sincerely yours,

ambrish.p

Dear Member

Please go through the earlier posts in this thread and for help in non-RTI issues, please visit: BigHelpers Articles - Bighelpers Resource

regards

Ramvihari

This is a discussion on How to change my name ? within the Chit Chat forums, part of the RTI Lounge category; My current name is Ramvihar. I want to change my name. I am 22 years old, a student of RTU final year from rajasthan. apart from it, plz tell me sir

ambrish.p

Dear Member

Please go through the earlier posts in this thread and for help in non-RTI issues, please visit: Activity Stream - Big Helpers Community

regards

ramachandran bala

My son Maniganda Saravanan, aged 21, born at VMK Hospital,Sakthinagar, Appakkudal Village Panchayat, Bhavani Taluk, ERODE Dt, Tamilnadu on 27.05.1991.

His birth certificate was issued mentioning as "MANIKANDA SARAVANAN" in English . But in the Schools & College Certificates, his name is mentioned as " MANIGANDA SARAVANAN ".

ie, there is only one letter "K" IS changed as "G".

While appeared for interview at COIMBATORE Passport Seva Kendra, the person verifying the Original Documents has not accepted his Birth Certificate and rejected his Passport application & informed to correct the name as " MANIGANDA SARAVANAN " in the birth Certificate.

Both Manikanda Saravanan & Maniganda Saravanan has to be written same in Tamil Language as மணிகண்ட சரவணன்*and If the Appakkudal Panchayat issued the Certificate in Tamil Language, there won't come out of this problem.

When I approached the Concerned Appakkudal Village Panchayat Office, I was informed by the Birth/Death registration clerk that they don't have the RECORDS beyond current 3 years and informed to contact the Bhavani Taluk office regarding the issue of Revised Birth Certificate.

At Bhavani Taluk Office, I was informed that these record is more than 20 yrs, they don't have with them for verification & to issue Revised Birth Certificate.

In the meantime, I published this change of name in the Tamiulnadu Gazattee also.

All the documents like Birth Certificate, School Certificates,Gazattee Notification etc., for ref.

If anybody knows, pl suggest me how to proceed to get the Birth Certificate in the name of

" MANIGANDA SARAVANAN" and to proceed for passport.

With best regards & thanks,

Ramachandran Bala