News Ticker
gith2001

Download the form for asking a RTI question?

Question

gith2001

Dear Friends,

Where can i download a common RTI form from the net?:confused:

Could you please give me the link.

I think many people are put off by using RTI because they do not know how to go about it for specific purposes. Like there is a form for the Municipal Dept

another for asking a question to the Zilla Parishad, etc.

Pls send me the link to download the common form for filing RTI which i can use.

I want to file an RTI to the Education Dept of MCGM and one to Uddhav Thackeray.

Please advice me on the common form for Filing RTI to different organizations.

gita subramanian

• Like 2

hemasampat

U can download the RTI format from " mahiti adhikar .org" All the formats & other details are also given

HEMA SAMPAT.

hemasampat

SENDING THE RTI FORMATS ANNEXURE-A, ANNEXURE-B,[1st appeal] ANNEXURE-C 2nd appeal to state CIC]& ALSO FORMAT FOR THE CENTRAL CHIEF INFORMATION COMMISSION [2nd appeal]

HEMA SAMPAT

• Like 6

maneesh

Dear Girth,

Hema has done a great job.

In RTI Act there is no specified form. You can ask information just by writing a letter and details of the information asked by you.

The idea behind ding away with formats and form was to ensure the information is not denied on the ground that it is not requested in the requisite format.

Any of the format is good which suits your requirement. the form provided by Hema are very good and capture the essence of the RTI and can be readily used.

• Like 1

gith2001

Thanks a zillion Hema.

gita subramanian

gith2001

Thanks Kushal!

gita subramanian

ashutoshgarg

great work hema

adil85

Hema's work is really a great job done in the interest of the common person.Keeo it up.

adil85

jps50

I invite members to visit my blog for central govt. application, first appeal and second appeal to CIC with detailed step-bystep guidelines. These forms can also be used for majority of state govt. information.

meteor
Application Form for RTI-Central

(iv) Whether the information is required by post or in person:

(the actual postal charges shall be included in additional fees)

(v) In case by post (Ordinary, Registered or Speed):

HEMA SAMPAT

Is there any provision for asking for postal charges for delivery of information by the authorities? I didnot find any in RTI Act book.

Members kindly guide.:confused:

karira
Is there any provision for asking for postal charges for delivery of information by the authorities? I didnot find any in RTI Act book.

Members kindly guide.:confused:

No, there is NO PROVISION for asking for Postal Charges.

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_03082007_30.pdf

The Commission would like to add a piece of advice to the University authorities about levying postal charges for sending the information to the

Appellants: and that is that such charges may be treated as unreasonable under the RTI-Act. This may be taken note of.

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_12062007_11.pdf

Normal postal charges are not a charge on applicant under the RTI Act. If postal charges were excessive because of the bulk of the information, appellant should have been informed so that she could have had the choice of seeking postal delivery or collected the information herself.

abhijeet

gita subramanian,

How you will send RTI application to Uddhav Thackeray ? He is neither a PIO nor a public authority . Please explain. You can not send RTI application to any body. It will be helpful, if you go through the RTI Act, 2005 from any concerned website.

Abhijeet

karira
No, there is NO PROVISION for asking for Postal Charges.

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_03082007_30.pdf

The Commission would like to add a piece of advice to the University authorities about levying postal charges for sending the information to the

Appellants: and that is that such charges may be treated as unreasonable under the RTI-Act. This may be taken note of.

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_12062007_11.pdf

Normal postal charges are not a charge on applicant under the RTI Act. If postal charges were excessive because of the bulk of the information, appellant should have been informed so that she could have had the choice of seeking postal delivery or collected the information herself.

I made the above post keeping in mind the RTI Act and Rules as applicable to Central PA's.

However, after reading the complete thread, I realised that most of the replies given here (including Hema's application format) are from Maharashtra.

Maharashtra RTI rules do provide for charging of postal expenses. Please see:

http://www.maharashtra.gov.in/english/webRing/pdf/GOMGAZZPart4.pdf

Can some member from Maharashtra please elaborate on the procedure followed in Maharashtra for these charges.....

Applicant applies with application fee to PIO...

What does the PIO do next ? Does he write to the applicant to pay the postal charges before information is given ? Does he give detailed calculation, etc and a reasoned order for the postal charges ? What if there is a dispute about the postal charges asked by the PIO ? Is there a right to appeal and review ?

Can members from other states also confirm if postal charges are to be paid by the applicant in their respective states ?

• Like 1

jps50

In Gujarat no postal charges are demanded by public authorities

debnanda

How can I download a RTI form and from which site?

Please help

MANGESH1234
Application Form for RTI-Central

HEMA SAMPAT

Thanks Hema for this useful format . this will help me great in seeking info.

hkdubey

As per rti act no specific form is required one form can be used every where

• Like 1

hjs_hj68

Thanks, for the useful information

• Like 1

ankurpoddar

Thanks!!!

The data is informative n serves the purpose...

• Like 1

hari om

HEMA SAMPAT this is a good post , you see the no of visitor thanking you.

how ever i have a query can information be denied in Maharashtra if application not put in format as in centeral there is no prescribed format

the objective of format is not miss out any detail,& have applicant information /address and other detail

regards

Hari OM

• Like 1

vrana

thanks hema . Good job!!!:)

anitg

Thank you very much for the format, Hema. There seems to be three forms here...could you tell the difference between them...are all three required ?