raja_king

Rechange of name in Gazette

Question

raja_king

Hi,

My name was changed in gazette once by my parents and want to rechange it back to the original name. Whereas all my current documents and certificates are with Oldname and did not used the changed gazette name.

Example:

1. My name in Birth certificate is Mr. X

2. I learned that my parents have changed my name to Mr. Y in the gazette

3. Whereas my name as Mr. X is used legally in all the certificates and correspondes.

Query:

Please advise how do I change my name to Mr. X as official name

Thanks in advance for any help !!!

Raj Kumar

2 answers to this question

joshi.hemal

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please let me know if there is any online link for name change in the officialgazatte of India

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• pkmishra
      By pkmishra
      My wife was known as "KM. GARIMA / Garima Pandey / Garima" before my-marriage & some of her educational-certificates reflect km. garima, some garima pandey & some reflect GARIMA. BUT; from now onwards, i want her name in all the future educational certificates as GARIMA PANDEY MISHRA (i.e., her post-marriage name) is it possible ?
      [I have updated her-name in her aadhaar-card also.]
      Iam asking this question because, recently i visited a government college for her admission in a POST GRADUATE DEGREE course & the college officials were insisting that i should fill her name as per her 10th-marksheet and continue the same. 
      First of all, am i insisting on something wrong ? 
      if not; then should i file an RTI seeking information that - "why can't i use my spouse after-marriage name, to be mentioned in all the future educational documents/certificates" 
      OR; should i file an RTI seeking information that - "what i need to do to use my spouse after-marriage name, to be mentioned in all the future educational documents/certificates" 
      KINDLY GUIDE/SUGGEST ME some more alternatives, regarding this issue. 
      THANK-YOU.
    • rohitab
      By rohitab
      Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) is yet to pay their dues to Mumbai Police for the security provided in the last 17 matches played at the Wankhde Stadium in Mumbai.
      Mumbai-based RTI activist Anil Galgali had filed the query under RTI to Mumbai Police asking how much MCA owes to them for utilizing their services. Information provided to Galgali by the police department, raised everyone's eyebrows as amount has crossed Rs 13 crore.
      The Public Information Officer and Asst Police Commissioner (Coordination) Tanaji Surulkar provided the information compiled by the Bandobast Division that, including the 3 ICC World Twenty20, Women's World Cup, Test Match, Practice Match & One Day Match, 17 matches were played in Mumbai for which charged amounting to Rs 13,41,74,177, which is still pending for last 62 months.
      On top of it, police department has not charged interest to them. The working style of police department not charging interest to MCA has raised several questions.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy