fightin498a

Is RTI applicable for court in this case?

Question

fightin498a

Hi Friends,

Here's the situation... Chargesheet has been filed in the court, by the police, for the fake 498a case on me. This has happened way back in the month of March (Informed by the police as reply to my RTI only).

Now as per Code of Criminal Procedure section 207, the court is supposed to provide a copy of the same to me 'without delay'. But now its already more than 3 months, and nothing is sent to me from the court yet.

Thus, can I use RTI to the court asking about this delay itself?

Any suggestions in this matter?

If yes, can you please suggest me, how to find out the PIO that this RTI should be addressed to?:confused:

10 answers to this question

sidmis

Hello fightin498a,

Yes you can seek information from the Court regarding the status of this case and also seek personal inspection of records.

The RTI Application should be deposited with the following if your case pertains to Orissa.

Sheristadar is the SAPIO and District & Sessions Judge is the FAA.

This also comes under the Orissa High Court RTI Rules, 2005 which has altogether different norms from Orissa State Rules. You have to pay Rs. 50/- in the shape of Court Fee Stamp.

There's also a prescribed proforma (different from Form 'A') which you have to use.

Sidharth

jps50

Yes U can file rti appln. Just address as PIO_________court and address of court. Make payment of fees through modes other than cash as applicable to Karnataka state. Send the application and fee through speed post ad.

fightin498a
Hello fightin498a,

Yes you can seek information from the Court regarding the status of this case and also seek personal inspection of records.

The RTI Application should be deposited with the following if your case pertains to Orissa.

Sheristadar is the SAPIO and District & Sessions Judge is the FAA.

This also comes under the Orissa High Court RTI Rules, 2005 which has altogether different norms from Orissa State Rules. You have to pay Rs. 50/- in the shape of Court Fee Stamp.

There's also a prescribed proforma (different from Form 'A') which you have to use.

Sidharth

Thanks Sidharth.

Can you also provide me any online references to this Orissa HC RTI rule 2005? How do I find the prescribed proforma that you mentioned?

sidmis

Sorry, I forgot to give the download link for THE ORISSA HIGH COURT

RIGHT TO INFORMATION RULES, 2005.

Here it is.

sidharth

fightin498a

Thanks Sidharth!

Well, what I understand from this document is that this rule is applicable only for obtaining information form the Orissa HC.

But in my case I want to get info form the District Court, BBSR. And it doesn't seem like this rule is applicable for this court, as you mentioned above!

Can you please clarify, how can we deduce that this rule is applicable for all the courts in Orissa?

And in case its not, then the same question comes up again... How to find out the PIO for this court?

jps50

Subordinate Courts below HC are covered by State Govt rules and U can get details of RTI on govt official website or that of information commission.

gaurav_bandi

I feel that if you are present in the court on the day of submission of the challan then you are surely given a copy. you can ask for a copy by making a simple application to the court on your next date. The copy must have been given to you lawyer at the time of regular bail.

chiragkaria

A simple logic, Anything which is run by public money can be covered under RTI, Moreover if something as per law should be given to you then there is no need of RTI also. Submit a simple application asking for the copy and you will get it.

cleancorruption

Here's the situation... Chargesheet has been filed in the court, by the police, for the fake 498a case on me. This has happened way back in the month of March (Informed by the police as reply to my RTI only).

My suggestion. Do not waste time filing RTI with the court and get in their bad books.

Simply go to the court and ask for certified copies. Ask your lawyer to do that. It may cost you Rs. 500 and you will get every paper that was submitted without nay hassle.

You have a lot more to crack via RTI on the fictitous dowry. So do not waste time and get bogged down on these court records. in sec 498A cases, always file RTI that will help you win your case.

• Like 1

karira

cleancorrution,

Please see the last post. It was on 20 Mar 2009.