News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
vishusecl

Need Help to Frame RTI Application

Question

vishusecl

Hi all,

I had joined my company as JET(E&M) on 31.03.1987 with a training period of one year, after which I became E2 as on 31.03.1987. But since I was posted in a different department right from the day one, due to shortage of officers in that department, I had to request for formally changing my cadre to the new discipline (MM),which was done in 1988. During the process of this cadre change, my deemed date of entry was wrongly fixed as 11.07.1987 in place of 31.03.1987 for some unknown reason, which resulted in delay in my promotion to E3 grade by 1-1/2 years. I have been struggling to get a correction in my deemed date of entry in E2 grade since last 20 years. As a result I have lost seniority by 25 positions and last year I was not considered for promotion, where as all but 4 of my juniors have got promoted due to limitation of vacancies in the E7 grade.

I have decided to move to the court to seek justice, but before that I want to get certain information about the various notings and recommenddations done in my case.

An RTI application has been prepared and is attached. Some one kindly help to rectify it and suggest the best way so that I get all the iformation.

I am also enclosing a copy of the last representation for iformation of all

Thanks in advance.

APPLICATION FORM UNDER RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT 2005.doc

REPRESENTATION FOR RESTORATION OF SENIORITY-Final_20032010.doc

MKV_REPRESENTATION_ChronologicalStatus.pdf

5 answers to this question

ambrish.p

Dear Mr. Vishwakarma

RTI application as per Central Govt. RTI rules. Please see: RTI Rules, Fees for Centre and Useful Info about CIC - RTI Guide

RTI fee: Rs. 10/- by D.D./B.C./IPO. Cheque is not valid mode of payment for RTI fee.

For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the "All About RTI" links on the homepage & RTI Guide section of the portal.

AND

How to make RTI application effective (by JPS Sir) : http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

regards

karira

1. Change item 2 to:

Please provide me certified copies of all amendments made to the above between.....and ................

2. Item 3 sounds like you are asking for opinion. Please reframe it so that it sounds like you are asking for information.

3. Item 4 also looks as if you are seeking opinion.

4. Change Item 8 to: Please give me Name. designation, office address of the competent authority who had the authority for changing......... Please provide me certified copies of rules and regulations which give such powers to the competent authority.

In that case, i feel Item 9 becomes redundant.

5. Item 10 is also asking for opinion

6. Last serial number 4 is not needed as per the RTI Act. What you do with the information obtained under the Act is your business. No need to give such undertakings.

vishusecl

Thanks a lot for the help. It really did help me. I have another question- IF I ask for all documents related to my case simply be indiczting the period as indicated by you in your advice against my point no. 3, will it force the management to give all officila records? or do I need to provide them individual reference? I dont know the details of internal letters writeten by them to CIL.

karira
Thanks a lot for the help. It really did help me. I have another question- IF I ask for all documents related to my case simply be indiczting the period as indicated by you in your advice against my point no. 3, will it force the management to give all officila records? or do I need to provide them individual reference? I dont know the details of internal letters writeten by them to CIL.

If you are located in the same city where the records are located, why don't you ask for:

........inspection of all "information" (as defined in Sec 2f of the RTI Act 2005) related to.............................

After the inspection, I will select some records for which I will request certified copies and will pay the necessary charges as per the prevailing RTI Fees and Rules.

vishusecl

Thanks Dear,

Your advise has been immensely useful to me.

Thanks a lot again.