Jump to content
  • 0



I need to file a RTI to find out FIR details about my wife who met with a train accident in 2006. How should i go about getting this information. I am staying abroad.

Please help.




Suresh Babu

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

You can file a RTI application with the PIO of the police station where the FIR was filed.

Just check the website of that particular State Police, under the RTI link.

It will have something called RTI Manual or RTI disclosure.

The PIO list will be given there. Just pick up the correct one.


The RTI application has to be as per the RTI Rules for that particular State. These are available in the Guide section of the portal: RTI Guide


Read the other articles in the Guide section as well as the links given under the "All about RTI" icon/tab, on the home page of the portal. These will be of help to you.


Since you are staying abroad, the best would be to make a application and attach your Indian Citizenship proof. Send it to someone you know in India. Ask him to attach the application fees, as per the requisite mode of payment as per the State RTI Fees and Rules and submit it.


You can give your foreign address as communication address.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      A couple of months back 3 people had died in Madurai Govt Rajaji Hospital ICU Ward due to power failure and non functioning of power back up systems. An internal enquiry had been order by the Dean. 
      I filed and RTI seeking for copies of bills and maintainence done on the power back up systems in the last 2 years. I had also sought a copy of the internal enquiry report. 
      The PIO has denied entire  information citing a Writ Petition WP 11887/2019  moved in the Madurai High Court bench in this regard. 
      I had filed a first appeal citing a CIC decision that mere pendency of investigation cannot be used to invoke Sec 8(1)(h) of the RTI Act and there is larger public interest in this matter. 
       However The FAA has failed to concur with me and held that the term "investigation" should be understood liberally and broadly and even internal enquiries are exempted from disclosure until investigation is complete under Sec 8(1)(h) . FAA has quoted that in Sarvesh Kaushal Vs Food Corporation of India and others CIC  has held that departmental enquiry are exempted pending disposal of enquiry. 
      Kindly help me draft a good Second Appeal 
    • Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      I had been taken to govt hospital to get report before being lodged in jail in a false case. Now my RTI to the govt hospital seeking copy of Accident Report/OP Ticket/Medical Examination report has been replied stating no such report available in my name on the date of occurance of the said incident. But I was lodged in prison only after submitting the report given by hospital to prison authorities.  Now I would like to inspect the records available with the govt hospital on that day from 8 pm to 12 am.
      Can I go for first appeal seeking clarification as incorrect information is furnished and a report has been given by the hospital ? What Are Grounds clauses to be included?
      I have not asked for inspection in the original RTI. Now can  I request inspection in the first appeal or should i file a new RTI for that? 


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy