News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
jps50

16 years’ waiting ended in One month through RTI

jps50

A retired bank officer had taken Bhavishya Arogya Policy, for which premium of Rs.3140/- was paid on 30-03-1994. Public sector insurance company did not issue original policy despite constant follow-up by letters and visits to the office of Insurance Company. He was compelled to complete formalities for duplicate copy, but was not issued duplicate one. The policy was valid for life time. This senior citizen got frustrated and tired. Recently my friend at Rajkot introduced him to me for invoking RTI for this problem. He filed RTI application on 24-03-2010 and Insurance Company sent him original policy on 29-04-2010. 16 year old problem was solved in a month through RTI.

I used format posted at:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html

• Like 3

Mayank Aggarwal

Hi sir,

Indeed this is a great story. I am Mayank Aggarwal from DNA newspaper. I would like to present your success story through a news story how can i contact you.

Regards

Mayank Aggarwal

advocate rajesh

JPs50 you are always guiding and inspiring us .UR Doing always good things and we learn.

• Like 1

nukebomb

RTI is nukebomb . we must file atleast 15 RTI application in a month .

taurus

Good work done, jps50 Sir, as usual. Congratulations. Keep it up.

• Like 1

bapuji

A retired bank officer had taken Bhavishya Arogya Policy, for which premium of Rs.3140/- was paid on 30-03-1994. Public sector insurance company did not issue original policy despite constant follow-up by letters and visits to the office of Insurance Company. He was compelled to complete formalities for duplicate copy, but was not issued duplicate one. The policy was valid for life time. This senior citizen got frustrated and tired. Recently my friend at Rajkot introduced him to me for invoking RTI for this problem. He filed RTI application on 24-03-2010 and Insurance Company sent him original policy on 29-04-2010. 16 year old problem was solved in a month through RTI.

I used format posted at:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html

Thank you SIR, you r not only spreading knowledge but inspiring us too.

KRUTI PATEL

Congatulations

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Latha Ramesh
      By Latha Ramesh
      Report on Monthly Disposal of Cases Year Month Opening Balance Receipt Disposal Closing Balance 2006 April 489 248 97 640 2006 May 640 414 203 851 2006 June 851 495 257 1089 2006 July 1089 509 283 1315 2006 August 1315 492 374 1433 2006 September 1433 486 324 1595 2006 October 1595 349 280 1664 2006 November 1664 513 293 1884 2006 December 1884 731 565 2050 2007 January 2050 608 297 2361
      Officers and Friends,

I got the above figures from CIC. Every month opening balance is increasing more and more...
      Why is this happening? What can be done to reverse this?

Please share your opinions in this thread.
      Thanks.
    • ganpat1956
      By ganpat1956
      MUMBAI: If you have filed a complaint with the Chief Information Commission (CIC) under the Right To Information Act, seeking details about, say, your income tax refunds, there is every possibility that you may have to wait for several months altogether to get a response.

The CIC is the final forum of appeal for thousands of pending complaints under the RTI Act. Under the act, CIC has powers to direct various central government bodies, including income tax, customs, railways, CBI and PMO, to provide information to applicants across the country.

Data available reveals that as many as 3,171 complaints and appeals were pending with the CIC till the end of March 2007. A pendency of over 200 complaints has been building up every month over the last one year even though the CIC has been clearing nearly 400 complaints and appeals in the same period.

In January this year, the number of complaints received was 743, the number of complaints disposed of was 353, and the number of pending appeals and complaints tallied up to 2,425. Incidentally, the CIC has five information commissioners to hear appeals and complaints, which is considered an adequate number to tackle the workload.

The information commission does not have any legal binding to dispose of second appeals and complaints within a specific time period, but RTI activists say that if the commission itself delays in giving orders, then it will have no moral authority to impose time limits on public information officers in various government departments and appellate authorities.

"The public information officer usually has other duties besides answering RTI queries and so does the appellate authority. Yet, the RTI act states that they must do their duty within 30 days. The sole reason for the existence of the information commission is to ensure that the RTI Act delivers the promise to the citizens," RTI activist Shailesh Gandhi said.

Gandhi has now written to chief information commissioner Wajahat Habibullah for resolving bottlenecks and clearing up appeals on an urgent basis. "Applicants are finding it tough to get information due to huge pendency," Pratap Shah, an RTI applicant, said.

The statistical forecast, according to Gandhi, indicates a likelihood of a pendency of 6,837 cases by the end of December 2007. "The solution lies in stricter action against defaulting PIOs and a faster disposal of cases," he said.

Over 3,000 RTI appeals pending-Mumbai-Cities-The Times of India

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy