News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Guest pcbali

The District & Sessions Judge, Amritsar replies is strange against my appeal to him as FAA

Guest pcbali

Mr. Karira & Mr. smbhappy.

You made me worried. Now what do you suggest the steps I should take. I do not know much about HC writ petition protocol. Will I be summoned or made party, if any such action is taken by HC. Or I should myself take care? If I am to take care, how can I come to know that this order has been challenged in HC

smbhappy

Dear Mr. Bali you do not have to do any thing. You are not an aggrieved person. Let the HC or D&SJ take a initiate (if they take at all). you will only be defending it. I will Talk to Mr. Arora. He will take care of it. you do not have to worry.

Celebrate your success. see you today.

jps50

Congrats and thanks for your efforts.

Please post exact replica of SIC decision. This will be useful in other cases also.

Guest pcbali

Thanks, smbhappy, and thanks for your nice company at your sweet home today. Now as discussed, please suggest some good name of the organization to be made for Human Rights activism here. Waiting for good suggestions.

Guest pcbali
Congrats and thanks for your efforts.

Please post exact replica of SIC decision. This will be useful in other cases also.

I have copied and pasted the exact order of CIC at post no. 1 of this thread. What else is required, please do write.

Guest pcbali

Congratulations to RTI fraternity, my long efforts and with grace of God, ultimately Punjab & Haryana High Court had to make the website for all its junior courts. An RTI application was made to The District & sessions Judge, Amritsar, Punjab by me for informing me his website address as well email ids of the Court Officials. The D&S J, refused and even threatened me. Ultimately the matter reached to SIC-Punjab and the CIC-SIC-Punjab orders decided the appeal totally in my favour and decreed that the D&SJ must do the needful with 60 days. The D&SJ, informed me after 60 days that the matter is till pending at the end of Punjab & Haryana HC. I again made a complaint to SIC for contempt. But before it comes up for hearing, The D&SJ informed me that the website has been published. Hip hip hurray

The website is addressed as http://punjabjudiciary.gov.in and most interestingly, all the 17 districts has been covered. The public of Pun jab now can make a sigh relief for finding all cause lists and orders on line onward and email ids for electronic communication with courts too.

:)

karira

Congratulations !

All threads merged into one so that members from other states can use the same procedure for the judiciary in their respective States.

smbhappy

Congrats. Great Job.

I hav visited the website. It contains link to all the district of the Punjab. But link only to Amritsar District (defendent) has yet been activated. All other links say "Under Construction"

Moreover the E-mail IDs of the different functionaries of the D&SJ Amritsar nas not been provided in the website. This was the main contention in the RTI Application filed by Mr. Bali.

But, at least a beginning has been made and judiciary, which was thinking itself above the law, has to bow ed to the rule of law.

Guest pcbali

A good start atleast, now I like that some more friends move more RTI applications on working and updating of this site and specially for Proactive Disclosure side of courts.

I have opened a path and let this be a campaign throughout country for the maximum benefit for public.

Please file RTI applications for the pressure on Judiciary to make the websites complete and exhaustive as per the expectation of the public.

Guest pcbali

I also thank smb of Chandigarh for continuous support, guidance and advices from time to time to make this success. Thanks smsb, you deserve it.

smbhappy

It al your efforts and the great idea conceived to you. I was just a accompanist. Thanks for your generosity.

karira

As reported by Hemant Singh in igovernment.in on 01 November 2010:

RTI impact: Punjab district courts get website | iGovernment.in

RTI impact: Punjab district courts get website

The website is under construction and once it is ready, litigants can know the status of their cases and other important announcements

Chandigarh: All district courts in Punjab would have continued to function without a web portal, had an Amritsar resident not sought information under the Right to Information Act.

The website is under construction and once it is ready, litigants can know the status of their cases and any important announcements in relation to that.

This all happened after one Parbodh Chander Bali sought the website address and official email address of the Amritsar District and Sessions Judge and that of courts under his jurisdiction.

However, the complainant’s plea was turned down on the pretext that it amounted to invasion of privacy. The Public Information Officer of the Judge asked him the purpose for which he had sought information. As a result, nothing was disclosed to the complainant.

When the matter came to Chief Information Commission’s notice, it directed the court to comply with Section 4 of the Act and disclose the information sought by Bali.

In its direction, the commission said it was the legal obligation of the District and Sessions Judge to create a website and post all the relevant information on it.

As a result, the complainant received a letter from the public information officer of the Amirtsar District and Sessions Judge, saying the web address of the Punjab division had been received from the Punjab and Haryana High Court and he could access all the information sought by him through it.

Guest pcbali

But I am actually waiting that how many more make such efforts so that all Indians can have this facility to know about their cases, on line and not by paying tips to corrupt babus of courts. But feel dejected, I have not found any one more.

karira
But feel dejected, I have not found any one more.

Why do you feel dejected ?

Why should others do the same thing and cut their own "income" ?

You already know the way.

Maybe, that calls for more RTI Applications on the same lines.

prasad.dhirendra

Certainly I Am late in joining you in this problem. let me know the status of your R.T.I. Petision now.The judiciary is unfreindly so far R.T,I. is concerned is apparent rather theyare feeling uneasy with the R.T.I. First of all you go through the Rule framed by the High Court of Punjab&Hariyana.

Guest pcbali

Mr. Prasad, please go through all the posts of this thread, the matter will be clear to you. I am not in any problem I have succeeded in my effort. The Pb & Hr HC have launched a separate website punjabjudiciary.gov.in for their all D&S Court and all other junior courts. The website is not comprehensive at this moment, but is expected to be so in short time.

This I have done for Punjab. I am expecting that some other people of other states of India should also make efforts under RTI to get mandates for their respective HCs to make websites for their junior courts in that state. In this way all over India, the status of cases of litigants will be online and hence very beneficial for the public.

Their are many a members of this website, who are advocates and otherwise very active RTI workers. But no body is taking up the matter at their states. I can not alone do the efforts. So others should come up and share the duty to make in national campaign.

Guest pcbali
Why do you feel dejected ?

Why should others do the same thing and cut their own "income" ?

You already know the way.

Maybe, that calls for more RTI Applications on the same lines.

I could not understand, who will cut their incomes (you mean advocates). And what you mean, sir, by "that calls for more RTI applications on the same line" Should I do that? I want that it is sure that more RTI applications are needed, but various other members who are advocates or active RTI workers should do it and make it a joint effort. I alone is not going to do it for all the states.

prasad.dhirendra

big changes always begins with small steps. We RTI constablery try to inject RTI in judiciary.

Thank you..

karira

By others, I meant other courts etc....

If they publish such information in the public domain, then who will go to them to beg for information ?

Such people visiting them are a source of income for them.

Just wait for some time and if there is no progress on the website contents - lets say for 3 more months - start filing more RTIs.

rajyadav017

I think this is the real way to improve our imported system of Administration developed by the British ltd company. I think we should make the pool of each ministry of persons who have the knowledge of functioning of these ministries/Departments to improve the functioning of the respective ministries. We should form the Govt in exile within our country. haha,--, -- Lage Raho munnabhai

thank u bali saheb your useful strides. keep posting the developments

Guest pcbali

The website stated by the department as http://www.punjabjudiciary.gov.in is having sub-pages for all of the district courts independently. But strangely, the buttons "Cause List”: Case Status" and "Judgments" are showing blank with a caution "Under Construction" And this construction was always under construction since the inception of the website. I was waiting that perhaps, the department will be really working hard to complete the website, but when even 10 months after the date of order (28/7/10) by the CIC, Punjab, nothing done, I filed a fresh application to The D&S Judge Amritsar on 20/3/11 as follows:

1. Record showing the regular updating of your website “punjabjudiciary.gov.in” Tag

2. Recorded reasons that why the button of “Cause List, Case Status and Judgments” shows nothing but “under constructions” since the inception of this website and why these are not operative and when are you going to make these informative.

3. Recorded reasons that why RTI information as per section 4 on your website are not complete and contents of Manual 7, 8, 14, 15 are irrelevant uploaded while these are most important mandate of the act for suo moto Public Information and otherwise.

4. At Manual 16, the particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information “No such facilities are available to citizens for obtaining information” is the information uploaded. This is against the mandates of RTI Act. Please provide recorded reasons.

5. At manual 15, Information available in an electronic form “Information is not available in any electronic form .Computerization in Amritsar is in progress and the information will be available soon in an electrical form” is against the RTI Act. Provide reasons

6. Action taken to disseminate the information as mandated u/s 4 (2, 3 and 4). Any notice board, newspaper, Public announcements, media broadcast including inspection of office had been ever affected as mandated in RTI Act u/s 4(4) Provide Dates and records

7. Orders for taking action as per sec 4(1) (xvii) of RTI Act. Provide record

No information was provided by PIO, O/o D&S Judge, Amritsar till 1/5/11 so I file "Complaint" cum "Contempt of Commission" to SIC-Punjab as follows:

1) The information and its disclosure are in public interest.

2) As per sec 7 (1), the PIO was to supply me the information with 30 days while he has not as such this attracts penal Sec 19 (8)(b) and Sec 20 (1) and Sec 20 (2).

3) The PA was to comply with the orders of The CIC, SIC, PB. with 60 days from 28/07/2010 which they have not as such it tantamount to Contempt of Commission.

4) The public authority has clearly and intentionally violated the RTI Act 2005 by spirit and words which had made me a huge mental agony.

Now the matter is filed and fixing of hearing is awaited.

dr.s.malhotra
The PA was to comply with the orders of The CIC, State Information Commission, PB. with 60 days from 28/07/2010 which they have not as such it tantamount to Contempt of Commission.

There is nothing like contempt of Information Commission . The Contempts of Courts Act , 1971 , applies to COURTS OF LAW AND JUDICIAL PROCEEDINGS BEFORE THEM . Information Commission is not Court in real sense .

Commission can take cognizance of the non-compliance and penalize under RTI Act , write to higher Authority in PA , nothing more .

• Like 1

smbhappy

Here the Section 19(8)(a), (b) and © together with Section 25(5) and read with Section 20 of the RTI Act can be invoked.

However the "Contempt of Court" is different meaning as it is a violation of the law relating to "Contempt of Courts Act". As per law Contempt is (a) willful disobedience to or open disrespect for the rules or orders of a court (contempt of court) or legislative body; and (b) an act showing such disrespect.

The word "Contempt" itself is a disregard and derogatory. The generic definition of Contempt can be:

Contempt - imply strong feelings of disapproval and aversion toward what seems base, mean, or worthless.

Contempt is disapproval tinged with disgust: to feel contempt for a weakling.

Contempt as Disdain is a feeling that a person or thing is beneath one's dignity and unworthy of one's notice, respect, or concern: A disdain for crooked dealing.

Here the Contempt is a Scorn which denotes open or undisguised contempt often combined with derision.

So there is no harm in using the word "Contempt" as a generic term in the complaint/Appeal.

Guest pcbali

What harm in preying, let the commission decide. It is just alteast make the commission to feel that the respondents are making such acts which are contempts, but can not be tried.