News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
zillionvolts

Worked to get my IT refund beyond speed of my thought

zillionvolts

Folks, in the beginning I was afraid that they may retaliate but after reading so many success stories on this site, I decided to file an RTI application asking for status of my refund pertaining to return filed two years back with Pune ITO. I was fearful till last moment but then, I posted the application since there was no reason for me not to do so as I was truthful always.

I was asuming that nothing will happen and probably I will have to go seen them personally or will have to file an appeal. But suddenly, after 8 days, I got a letter from commissioner's office stating that my application has been forwarded to appropriate officer.

I started to feel and believe in the power of RTI but somewhere I was still afraid that the officer may call me for questioning and start harrassing me. But no! The power of this act is amazing man. In 7 more days, I received two speedpost letters, one containing the refund cheque and other stating that my RTI query had been resolved.

I could not believe my senses. How can the rusted machinery work smoothly with such amazing speed without traditional oiling here and there. God, that was highly astonishing and far beyond my expecation.

Now on, I determine to use RTI in every matter I can. Let the truth prevail; Satyamev Jayate.

• Like 7

jps50

Congrats and welcome to the portal. Please visit ALL ABOUT RTI and SUCCESS STORIES on home page. Your half an hour daily-15 hours a month for RTI will make huge difference in the way we are governed and treated by govt offices. In democracy numbers matter. Let law abiding citizens unite for REAL SWARAJ THROUGH RTI.