bahl_ajay

CIC pulls up MCD for not responding to notice, summons

bahl_ajay

As reposted in zeenews.com

http://www.zeenews.com/articles.asp?d=457256&sid=REG

CIC pulls up MCD for not responding to notice, summons

New Delhi, July 22: The Central Information Commission (CIC) has pulled up the MCD for not responding to a notice issued to it over a petition seeking details on appointments made in the civic agency on compassionate grounds.

"This Commission takes an adverse view of the MCD failing to respond both to our appeal notice and summons for appearance in hearing," Central Information Commissioner Wajahat Habibullah said.

The Commission has decided to proceed with the hearing of a case without the presence of MCD officials.

It's observation came while hearing a petition filed by Mahinder Kaur of Haryana seeking information on MCD employees who were appointed on the compassionate grounds.

She said that the full information has not been provided to her by MCD.

The Commission directed the MCD to give the petitioner information pertaining to appointments made on compassionate grounds along with the criteria adopted in the process.

The CIC also ordered the MCD to upload the information sought on its website and kept it up-to-date every time such an appointment is made.

It asked the MCD to complete its updation within a period of 20 days.

The Commissioner ordered the Health Officer of the MCD to explain the delay in furnishing the information and asked why a penalty of Rs 8,000 should not imposed on him.

Bureau Report

• Similar Content

• Harisrmite
      By Harisrmite
      How do I send a registered notice to college principal asking for return of original documents? ( I am asking for the procedure in drafting a registered notice.)
    • venugopal
      By venugopal
      My application got delayed and the officer was apparently not responsible but his office assist were.

I learned that in RTI rule 20 only officers are liable for punishment under RTI. Then how those clerks can be held responsible?

There should be a clause to fix the people below ACPIO too.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy